Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:24:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL bringing down the trust rating?  (Read 11011 times)
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 09:21:24 AM

Edit: Look at the last one... "Bribes people for good trust ratings" from a 4 post newbie. Not only does it not make any sense and is highly contradictory, but someone with such low activity/a throw away account that's not posted in 6 weeks shouldn't be able to participate in the trust system.

Technically speaking his opinion (although I do agree it is highly contradictory) has as much weight as your opinion considering that to a general layperson who knows neither of you it is hard to choose which is deemed trustworthy. This is the reason that although they are allowed to create trust ratings they are not on the DefaultTrust list as they are not deemed to be trustworthy by the mods on this site. Sure it is open to revenge attacks - but a moderated trust system is completely worthless as it simply propagates the views of a few people. The way it is set up is that you can create your own trust list and hence only 'trust' people you actually feel you can 'trust'.

The trust system seems to work when people use it.

Arguing to make it better is great and that is what should be happening. When you kick the hornets nest you are going get stung. There was only one result of doing this for BFL and that was to raise more awareness to their inconsistent and often negligent behaviors.

We don't need moderation of trust what you really need is active participation. If people had simply used the trust function previously in addition to posting their concerns about BFL practices those ratings would be exactly the same as they are now.  The reality of this situation is there is a moral line and when it is finally crossed people will act. Some will act in their own financial best interest to get a free miner but most will turn around and do what is ethically right. This to me exposes the strengths of the system and the weakness of people to stand up and take notice of what goes on pretty much on a daily basis. Josh in particular has abused 100s of people in this community from day one as a member of BFL. But you know what really his pattern of behavior is more in tune with someone attempting to simply misdirect and fud the waters. If that doesn't warrant more than huge negative trust bubbles then I think the forum here doesn't care to moderate people who are systematically trying to degrade and destroy the fabricate of reasonable discussion. What he does is in effect spam it should be treated as such. Ban him.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fsb4000
Legendary

Activity: 1400

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 09:24:49 AM

He asked me whether he could demonstrate that the Trust system is broken. I said that he could, though I didn't know exactly what he was planning, and I don't like what he's doing here. Trust isn't the right way to respond to people whose posts you dislike. If I'd have known that he was going to do this, I would have warned him that it would probably result in significant backlash...

I'm happy with the performance of the Trust system here so far. I have a few more default-untrusted negative ratings, but Inaba's default trust score went from ~5 to -261 overnight. (I did not change anything about how the Trust system works for this.)
But that happens all the time on here with no way to challenge it.  Trust system isn't broken, default trust is.  I mean FFS I'm red to myself.   Cool
EDIT Also consider that in your own words Inaba's default trust score went from ~5 to -261 overnight.  Mind you his company and probably he by extension deserves every single red possible but what could he have done OVERNIGHT to any of these people that left him that trust?  If that isn't a sign of a broken system what is?  This isn't a trust system it's a popularity system.
Yes. Trust rating is broken. It should have only trade deals! But everyone leaves only their comments, although they did not make real trades.
BadBear 2: -0 / +2(2)   2014-03-30   0.00000000   Reference   Was bribed to leave fake feedback
BadBear, you(and other people do the same) are the reason why trust rating is broken.
Bicknellski

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 09:27:37 AM
Last edit: March 31, 2014, 09:51:58 AM by Bicknellski

He asked me whether he could demonstrate that the Trust system is broken. I said that he could, though I didn't know exactly what he was planning, and I don't like what he's doing here. Trust isn't the right way to respond to people whose posts you dislike. If I'd have known that he was going to do this, I would have warned him that it would probably result in significant backlash...

I'm happy with the performance of the Trust system here so far. I have a few more default-untrusted negative ratings, but Inaba's default trust score went from ~5 to -261 overnight. (I did not change anything about how the Trust system works for this.)
But that happens all the time on here with no way to challenge it.  Trust system isn't broken, default trust is.  I mean FFS I'm red to myself.   Cool
EDIT Also consider that in your own words Inaba's default trust score went from ~5 to -261 overnight.  Mind you his company and probably he by extension deserves every single red possible but what could he have done OVERNIGHT to any of these people that left him that trust?  If that isn't a sign of a broken system what is?  This isn't a trust system it's a popularity system.
Yes. Trust rating is broken. It should have only trade deals! But everyone leaves only their comments, although they did not make real trades.
BadBear 2: -0 / +2(2)   2014-03-30   0.00000000   Reference   Was bribed to leave fake feedback
BadBear, you(and other people do the same) are the reason why trust rating is broken.

So leaving negative trust for a new miners is trade deal?

You sir have no ethics and clearly deserving of a NEGATIVE 600+. You leave me negative feedback that makes absolutely 0 sense given you are saying I am posting negative feed about Big Picture Mining Cooperative members. Obviously as a former member of BPMC I would definitely like to see where I have done that? You misread what trust ratings were posted copy and pasted then expecting to get a free miner out of it from BFL for the that effort? Really. At least learn the players and do a better job than cutting and pasting your bought testimony.

Finally if you were really concerned about FRAUD then you would be posted negative feedback against BFL and Josh for the BS they have pulled here in the community. There are countless threads and 1000's posts about this with evidence to support what BFL has done and continues to do. You are a paid shill now enjoy the label and the free Monarch. Getting paid to lie is one thing. Getting paid to copy and paste whatever they tell you is simply ignorance especially when you copy my negative feedback for josh and then posted to me. Cripes. Idiotic.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 09:29:02 AM

The problem with not allowing people to post feedback unless they have traded, is that in order to give someone negative feedback, you would have to be scammed first. The goal is to prevent the scams in the first place not to just stop it from happening again. If I see someone trying to pull off a scam, should I have to let myself get scammed first so I can warn everyone else? No. I should responsibly disclose why I think they are scamming, and allow people to judge for themselves the validity of my claim based on the evidence I provide.

If you did something that makes you look untrustworthy, such as selling your trust to another, anyone is more than entitled to give you negative trust and to point that out.
BFLrCONmen

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 09:30:21 AM

Thermalflask! You been told about this cockroach a million times but you still took money for advertising, run the worst forum going in a way that someone as remade it (bitcointa.lk) because you are so useless and only care about the $$$$

For what other reason would you agree in ANYWAY to this! Your just as much to blame for people been tippednoff by these cockroaches because you happily took there money and advertised them even with a pleather of reports because your just as bad as bfl in the end!

You don't give a shit about the community! Admit it! Actions speak louder than words anyways, and we all know your history!

Cockroaches, EVERYWHERE!

Why are they still members on the site now? WHY are you still arbouring professional con men? He as basically pued you into this bullshit so explain yourself better!

See people, say what you want about me, I've always warned you off from con men and helped where I could. I'm up front in your face and honest, I won't change and I will protect my sources so sorry I can't go into more detail but that's just how it as to be in this sick twisted world ATM. We are trying to change it but with people like these about and people with so high opinions of themselves its unreal!

Cognitive disadence at its finest!
fsb4000
Legendary

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 09:33:44 AM

You sir have no ethics.
I'm just pointing out that the trust system is not working. At least this issue is already noticed, and maybe it makes theymos reforms trust rating. In any case, I'll remove my trust feedbacks(which are not a description real trades) when this contest is over.
Bicknellski

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 09:36:18 AM
Last edit: March 31, 2014, 09:54:01 AM by Bicknellski

You sir have no ethics.
I'm just pointing out that the trust system is not working. At least this issue is already noticed, and maybe it makes theymos reforms trust rating. In any case, I'll remove my trust feedbacks(which are not a description real trades) when this contest is over.

You are posting negative feedback that has NOTHING absolutely nothing to do with me. You copy and pasted the wrong trust information. If you are going to lie at least be consistent with Inaba please. You copied what I posted about him. Foolish and lazy. You are deserving of the free Monarch and a 600+ Negative rating. Enjoy it you are now on my ignore list I have no time for people that sell their ethics for mining hardware and then try to make about the trust system. We read what you posted in the butterflylabs forum fool admitting you did it to "win" a Monarch. You lost any moral high ground admitting that you are looking for a pay out.

fsb4000
Legendary

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 09:38:19 AM

The problem with not allowing people to post feedback unless they have traded, is that in order to give someone negative feedback, you would have to be scammed first. The goal is to prevent the scams in the first place not to just stop it from happening again. If I see someone trying to pull off a scam, should I have to let myself get scammed first so I can warn everyone else? No. I should responsibly disclose why I think they are scamming, and allow people to judge for themselves the validity of my claim based on the evidence I provide.

If you did something that makes you look untrustworthy, such as selling your trust to another, anyone is more than entitled to give you negative trust and to point that out.
Prevent??
TradeFortes had +500 trust rating and he scammed many people!
Every scammer has positive trust before he deceives people. You can not prevent it!
BFLrCONmen

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 09:49:49 AM

Fsb dude... How much havebyou ordered from bfl? I understand you don't want all this negativity to be true but your acting like a complete ass against a wave of truth! Please don't take offense but josh uses phyops and your being used as a sheep by him!

As I've always said, these people are not stupid as many believe, there professional con men and are well into there phyops to play with peoples heads. And it works, society as a whole runs on a lie in the western world and these people know this. They know how the system works and use the ropey skills to deceive people.

I just can't believe people are STILL falling for it 3 years on!

Sad sheeple

P.S - but this may be the best lol train to come out of bfl for a while and as some have said, very well could lead to court proceedings from some for declamation amount other more serious things.

But they will shut shop soon, and disappear into the wilderness, with all your moneys and equipment you paid for... And you all know it! I gavebthem to July, a friend said may! Hell, could even be April! Haha
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2014, 09:51:59 AM

Prevent??
TradeFortes had +500 trust rating and he scammed many people!
Every scammer has positive trust before he deceives people. You can not prevent it!

Nothing will stop long cons short of 100% bonding insurance or something. Doesn't mean we can't try.

You sir have no ethics.

Sure pal, whatever lets you sleep at night knowing you sold out. Kind of odd you didn't care about it "not working" until you got a chance at a free miner though.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
fsb4000
Legendary

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 09:58:23 AM

Fsb dude... How much havebyou ordered from bfl? I understand you don't want all this negativity to be true but your acting like a complete ass against a wave of truth! Please don't take offense but josh uses phyops and your being used as a sheep by him!

As I've always said, these people are not stupid as many believe, there professional con men and are well into there phyops to play with peoples heads. And it works, society as a whole runs on a lie in the western world and these people know this. They know how the system works and use the ropey skills to deceive people.

Sad sheeple
I ordered 1 Little Single (September 2012 year)( I paid via Paypal, I did not spend any Bitcoins). I received 1 Little Single(August 2013 year). Little Single earned me $3000. So, my ROI is really positive.
Besides I like Bitsafe
http://www.butterflylabs.com/bitcoin-hardware-wallet/
Keeping these things it's not a crime for me  to leave positive feedback to Josh...
BFLrCONmen

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 10:07:40 AM

Sad sheeple
I ordered 1 Little Single (September 2012 year)( I paid via Paypal, I did not spend any Bitcoins). I received 1 Little Single(August 2013 year). Little Single earned me $3000. So, my ROI is really positive.
Besides I like Bitsafe
Keeping these things it's not a crime for me  to leave positive feedback to Josh...

O wow! You been around since then and still back these con men! Please say your a shill and paid to do this otherwise you are a lost spirit with just as much cognitive disadence as josh! To the point of been so disconnected you are phycopathic if anyone questions the fictional representation of yourself! You see, this whole test the trust system by josh is his cognitive disadence lashing out because he's been challenged, and rightly so!

As for bit safe dude! Trezor, nymi and many others. I've ordered both. Bitsafe is a joke, it probably be loaded with a backdoor so they can take a your moneys when they want Hana.

You sir, are a fraud, whichever way you look at it. You either know you are or you are so fucked in the head there's no hope for you (like  josh) and just shoot yourself and do everyone a favour.

I look deeper than the surface of people and see them for what they are. J saw josh in London 2012 and saw straight through him! I can spot 'sick' people a mile off. Most of the world is sic so its not uncommon!

Fucking sheep!
fsb4000
Legendary

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 10:16:54 AM

As for bit safe dude! Trezor, nymi and many others. I've ordered both. Bitsafe is a joke, it probably be loaded with a backdoor so they can take a your moneys when they want Hana.
It shows your ignorance.
Bitsafe will be OpenSource. I think I have enough knowledge to check for a backdoor  Wink
cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 10:20:03 AM

It shows your ignorance.
Bitsafe will be OpenSource. I think I have enough knowledge to check for a backdoor  Wink
Lol at opensource, lol at you finding a backdoor in the rng.
Posted from Bitcointa.lk - #HZ4O7EoyLJwrLPpE

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
BFLrCONmen

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 10:26:18 AM

It shows your ignorance.

Yes, some people can't see the wood for the trees....

Fsb4000 & bcp19 are obviously paid (before/still are, who knows) and can not entrusted. They go around with hero members as does josh and bfl  even though its been shown 1000 times they are useless. Thermal flask is obviously in on all this too because if he cared he would have stopped this shit 18 months ago before any of this latest piece of scummy tactics had chance to take place.

Thermal flask obviously doesn't care about this site either as he allows his name get dragged down with all this too!

Come on people, wake the fuck up and stop sniffing the glue from joshs and thermal flasks ass!
squall1066 (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1032

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 10:41:44 AM

Sorry but I think this is realy poor work, I would not say anything unless I knew the in's and out's or what was being proposed
...Also, I have never heard of a "default trust list" lol where is it? can I see it?

Huh  If you don't know what default trust is how can you understand how it works?

For some reason you have melded two different statements together, Let me explain, I always thought the trust rating was between members, I understood this and that is what I like, I did not, However, Knew that the forum had it's own trust based settings, I did not know that if you delete all the members you personally add, you will obtain a trust rating based on the forum.

Sometimes I write here what I would say to someone who knows me, Sorry for the confusion.  Embarrassed
Bicknellski

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 10:44:42 AM

It shows your ignorance.

Alten's work.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=152517.40

All the Bitmit listings regarding the Bitsafe and Bitsafe development are now live!
https://www.bitmit.net/en/q/?q=bitsafe

BFLrCONmen

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 10:57:52 AM

It shows your ignorance.

Alten's work.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=152517.40

All the Bitmit listings regarding the Bitsafe and Bitsafe development are now live!
https://www.bitmit.net/en/q/?q=bitsafe

Can someone quote this for me as bick is an asumptious prick and blocked me!

YOUR LAST LINK IS DEAD!
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2014, 11:04:07 AM

Sorry but I think this is realy poor work, I would not say anything unless I knew the in's and out's or what was being proposed
...Also, I have never heard of a "default trust list" lol where is it? can I see it?

Huh  If you don't know what default trust is how can you understand how it works?

For some reason you have melded two different statements together, Let me explain, I always thought the trust rating was between members, I understood this and that is what I like, I did not, However, Knew that the forum had it's own trust based settings, I did not know that if you delete all the members you personally add, you will obtain a trust rating based on the forum.

Sometimes I write here what I would say to someone who knows me, Sorry for the confusion.  Embarrassed

I wasn't trying to meld them together, just highlighting what I was questioning specifically and put the ellipses there to denote removed content.

nutjob ramblings

Would you go away, this thread is about BFL and their attempts at gaming the trust system, all you're gonna do is derail it and kill the thread.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2014, 11:07:13 AM

Sad sheeple
Besides I like Bitsafe

So why does that lead to negative feedback for me, with "troll"? What interactions have we EVER had before you decided I was a troll? None.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: