Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 07:49:50 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I don’t like the term “crypto”  (Read 718 times)
Awak Bambi

Activity: 266
Merit: 24

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
May 02, 2024, 05:59:29 AM

Many people hate the term crypto, but many communities hope to get rich from cryptocurrency, right or not? Many potential cryptos can provide huge profits in the upcoming bull run. The only sad thing is that other cryptos are used by scammers for bad things.

But overall, not all cryptos are bad; rather, it helps if we do some research before investing in any cryptocurrencies. Because if we don't do any research about it, we might fall into crypto hype only.
This is a personal matter, some like it, some don't, why some of us don't like crypto because we have our own views, some see this as a loss and some see this as an advantage, it cannot be denied that there are good and bad things.
Crypto is not wrong in my opinion, it's just that some of us who are involved in the crypto world, many of them don't understand and don't want to find out first before starting, many people misunderstand crypto price movements which makes them frustrated and don't like crypto.

▀███████▄            enterapp.io       |       CRYPTO WEB3 NEOBANK            ▄███████▀
                            PRE-SALE IS LIVE                           
▀█▄ ▀█▄ ▀█▄        D E C E N T R A L I Z E D   B A N K I N G        ▄█▀ ▄█▀ ▄█▀
moneystery

Activity: 728
Merit: 168

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2024, 06:45:10 AM

even though most of us here don't like this terminology, we can't forbid other people from saying crypto when referring to cryptocurrencies, of which bitcoin is included. it's just a matter of mentioning it, so i don't think it should be exaggerated, what matters is how people understand what 'crypto' is when referring to cryptocurrency. and because of this we also need to correct someone when he says 'crypto' to refer to bitcoin, because the more actively we educate people about errors in this terminology, the more people will be educated in that matter.

dominipater

Activity: 9
Merit: 4

View Profile
May 02, 2024, 07:36:53 AM

If Satoshi would've named it CryptoCoin instead of bitcoin, we wouldn't be having this discussion.  Satoshi is wise in so many ways.
Outhue

Activity: 854
Merit: 449

Instant cryptocurrency exchange with own reserves!

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2024, 09:26:53 AM

Many people hate the term crypto, but many communities hope to get rich from cryptocurrency, right or not? Many potential cryptos can provide huge profits in the upcoming bull run. The only sad thing is that other cryptos are used by scammers for bad things.

But overall, not all cryptos are bad; rather, it helps if we do some research before investing in any cryptocurrencies. Because if we don't do any research about it, we might fall into crypto hype only.
This is a personal matter, some like it, some don't, why some of us don't like crypto because we have our own views, some see this as a loss and some see this as an advantage, it cannot be denied that there are good and bad things.
Crypto is not wrong in my opinion, it's just that some of us who are involved in the crypto world, many of them don't understand and don't want to find out first before starting, many people misunderstand crypto price movements which makes them frustrated and don't like crypto.

Sorry to say but to me it feels like people are hurt when it comes to alternative coins, they must have made terrible mistakes with altcoins and they ended up focusing on Bitcoin only, yet the hate lives in them till date, I read some comments in this thread and that is the vibe that I am getting, even from high ranking members on the forum, it's just sad.

I can't imagine myself saying that Bitcoin isn't a cryptocurrency, and the word crypto is just a short word for cryptocurrency, why are they trying to say otherwise then ? They all sound hurt, this is my believe.

Funny thing is, since I knew crypto I have made more money from alternative coins than Bitcoin, this doesn't make me hate any, even few altcoins scammed me but I learnt that i was the one lacking, so I got better at picking the right altcoins, so far I am doing well with all coins, including Bitcoin itself.

This is how it should be.

▄▄███████
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████▄██████████▄
▄██████████▄████████████▄
█████████████████████████
████████▄████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀████████▐████████████▀
▀██████▐████████████▀