Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:28:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Universal client  (Read 1401 times)
PrintCoins (OP)

Activity: 533
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 18, 2011, 04:07:09 PM

If the basic technology between litecoin, bitcoin, and namecoin are all basically the same, has anyone come up with a universal gui client that would work with all of them. I am looking for one that runs on mac.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
grue
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431

View Profile
December 18, 2011, 04:51:49 PM

just run the daemon for each one and use a json-rpc client?

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Adblock for annoying signature ads | Enhanced Merit UI
ThiagoCMC
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000

฿itcoin: Currency of Resistance!

View Profile
December 19, 2011, 08:02:27 PM

I'm working at the mock-up for this.
But is still in the early days... Need to spent a lot of work on it...
It will be based in HTML5 + CSS3.
grue
Legendary

View Profile
December 19, 2011, 09:14:01 PM

i was planning to make a c# client Sad

ThiagoCMC
Legendary

View Profile
December 21, 2011, 02:02:31 AM

i was planning to make a c# client Sad

Really?!   Undecided

Think about that... If we build a web client, the backend of each client will be Virtual Machine within a Cloud Computing powered by Eucalyptus and Ubuntu!

Please, take a look here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=33854.msg425733#msg425733

Let's work together?!

I can provide and maintain the entire Cloud Computing Environment dedicated to Bitcoin / Litecoin / Namecoin wallets.

Best!
Thiago
grue
Legendary

View Profile
December 21, 2011, 02:16:09 AM

Really?!   Undecided

Think about that... If we build a web client, the backend of each client will be Virtual Machine within a Cloud Computing powered by Eucalyptus and Ubuntu!

Please, take a look here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=33854.msg425733#msg425733

Let's work together?!

I can provide and maintain the entire Cloud Computing Environment dedicated to Bitcoin / Litecoin / Namecoin wallets.

Best!
Thiago
i don't like cloud computing Undecided less control, more centralized. but great project though. would be great for beginners  Wink

ThiagoCMC
Legendary

View Profile
December 21, 2011, 04:47:09 AM
Last edit: December 21, 2011, 07:20:47 PM by ThiagoCMC

Yes... I should be great for beginners...
I'll put a lot of effort to not have access to any wallet.dat file.
But I don't get you when you say "less control in cloud computing"... Because I'll have full control of it.
Thanks for the feedback!
Thiago
RaggedMonk

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 21, 2011, 07:08:17 AM

I'd like a client like this.  I'll pay 1btc to whoever releasing a client up to my expectations with all these features.  (I use windows, don't want to have to do any command line or install any libraries.  Browser based could be good.).
ThiagoCMC
Legendary

View Profile
December 21, 2011, 07:02:51 PM

grue,

I would like to help / invest on this C# development ONLY IF it can run on Linux using mono. I do not have any interest in Windows environment.

I prefer the development in pure C, using the Enlightenment Foundation Libraries but, C# can be fine too...

This interface will have support for Bitcoin, Litecoin and Namecoin, with option to "register your domain" with one button, using your own Namecoins.

A future version can be integrated with Dark Exchange or, a complete rewrite of it...

I'm planing to fit this entire system in a 4G flashdrive.

Best!
Thiago
grue
Legendary

View Profile
December 22, 2011, 12:57:23 AM

grue,

I would like to help / invest on this C# development ONLY IF it can run on Linux using mono. I do not have any interest in Windows environment.
how do i know if it will run in mono? what .net framework should i use?

Qoheleth
Legendary

Activity: 960
Merit: 1028

Spurn wild goose chases. Seek that which endures.

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2011, 02:06:15 AM

But I don't get you when you say "less control in cloud computing"... Because I'll have full control of it.
Exactly. You'd have full control of it... and could run off with the coins of all your users whenever you wish Wink

If there is something that will make Bitcoin succeed, it is growth of utility - greater quantity and variety of goods and services offered for BTC. If there is something that will make Bitcoin fail, it is the prevalence of users convinced that BTC is a magic box that will turn them into millionaires, and of the con-artists who have followed them here to devour them.
ThiagoCMC
Legendary

View Profile
December 23, 2011, 03:25:00 AM

grue,

how do i know if it will run in mono? what .net framework should i use?

Mmm..  I have no idea but, the following site maybe can help:

http://www.mono-project.com/

Also, I have a friend that knows how to do it... I'll ask him...

Best,
Thiago
ThiagoCMC
Legendary

View Profile
December 23, 2011, 03:43:00 AM

Exactly. You'd have full control of it... and could run off with the coins of all your users whenever you wish Wink

At my cloud, your wallet will be hosted in your own Virtual Machine Instance, entirely encrypted with your password, which I don't know.

Yes, I can scan the RAM memory of my physical server, to try to find your key but, this is hard to do (I'll not do) and, if you are logged out, I'll never be able to try to take your coins.

BTW, trust is something you (me) earn.

I'll never run off with any coins, never.

People change but, I'm not a thief and I'll never be.

I'm thinking in two versions for the Universal Client, one for web and another in C/C++/C# for desktops/mining rigs... But those two versions can/should share common functions/code. And have a similar GUI / user experience.
Red Emerald

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2011, 06:51:22 AM

At my cloud, your wallet will be hosted in your own Virtual Machine Instance, entirely encrypted with your password, which I don't know.
I think a cloud hosted system is interseting, but having each VM with a full client would get heavy and waste a lot of disk space since each one would need the full blockchain.

You need a light client like Electrum if you want to be able to scale https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=50936.0.

ThiagoCMC
Legendary

View Profile
December 23, 2011, 05:11:50 PM

I think a cloud hosted system is interseting, but having each VM with a full client would get heavy and waste a lot of disk space since each one would need the full blockchain.

You need a light client like Electrum if you want to be able to scale https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=50936.0.

Not if I use some kind of deduplication file system.

Also, I'm planning to create a feature called "download wallet", so you'll be able to open it in your own regular Bitcoin client.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: