Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 09:01:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Gameover for a few coins this week it seems.  (Read 4555 times)
suttcoin894

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 02:51:02 AM

This time the various coin prices fell sharply, do not know this time is a point, or to sell.
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
rockstar888

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 11:03:52 AM

XPM is DEAD.

ibfragalot

Activity: 98

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 11:32:43 AM

Aurora -88.0%      (whoa, gameover man)

Except it's now up 76.58%   Roll Eyes

Dervie

Activity: 42

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 11:43:55 AM

Is it normal that a coin has daily > 50% dump or pump?

Just a trap!
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 12:24:31 PM

[

AUR  down  80.50%  <-- I agree, this is the end for Ethnocoins.
Spain down  53.89%  <-- yup, confirming Ethnocoins doesn't work.

Actually this doesn't confirming anything. AUR been dumped heavily, there are a couple of suspicious stuff around this coin, and it having issues with its blockchain. So the last week confirmed that the dev isn't the most competent, may not the most honest but proved nothing about the ethno stuff.
rockstar888

Activity: 70

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 12:29:05 PM

u r retarded.

100 down 90% gives u 10
then up 70% is 17.

MisO69
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

My mule don't like people laughing

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 12:35:06 PM

This is great all these crap coins are dying.

Are these all crap coins?
If so, it's time to leave.

Yes don't listen to the sock puppets and look at the 24 volume .

That is all I look at, the volume. Without it the coin is dead. Just look how many are dead based on low volume. Yet people are still mining them. Price is not a good indication and neither is market cap.

primeGPU

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 04:05:18 PM

Though I am not thrilled that so few have so much to gain with NXT, I highly doubt it is "game over" for this protocal. Also, Primecoin has lost demand as has many of the older alts, but it is one of the few alts that exist that actually serves a function beyond speculation and dice playing and buying alligator meat off the internet. If you have not looked into primecoin you should. It is not easy to mine and I am not saying that you should invest in it, but it is no crapcoin and will not die. It will be CPU mined by enthusiasts at a loss if need be.
Enthusiast may mine primecoin on GPUs as well Smiley
Testers of our miner are doing it right now.
omahapoker

Activity: 868

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 05:38:58 PM

what happened to XMP?

didnt peercoin make XMP?

i'm interested in peercoin
HysonCorp

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 01:59:27 AM

That is all I look at, the volume. Without it the coin is dead. Just look how many are dead based on low volume. Yet people are still mining them. Price is not a good indication and neither is market cap.

finally a dude with some sense.

in fact, marketcap doesn't really mean as much as volume to me.
SURE, marketcap is an increasing value to compare between coins, however, THE TRUE value of a coin is trading volume.

which many of the coins on the list from the OP here lacks trading volume. (except Vert on that list, Vert has very healthy volume this moment, but it is also much newer, so let's see if the volume holds for another 6 months before I will consider.)
sudukkk

Activity: 159

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 02:32:50 AM

I think Vertcoin is not game over! and will never!
HysonCorp

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 03:00:38 AM

finally a dude with some sense.

in fact, marketcap doesn't really mean as much as volume to me.
SURE, marketcap is an increasing value to compare between coins, however, THE TRUE value of a coin is trading volume.

which many of the coins on the list from the OP here lacks trading volume. (except Vert on that list, Vert has very healthy volume this moment, but it is also much newer, so let's see if the volume holds for another 6 months before I will consider.)

Hmm you mean you weren't impressed with AUR's $200,000,000 USD market cap combined with the fact that simply selling as few as 25 coins could drastically alter the market on the exchanges?

~BCX~

Whatever is not Liquid in volume, is a fake Marketcap, that's what I mean.

Marketcap simply means 'you can theoretically get USD value of X', but the truth is FAR from it. Let's take NXT for example, it says it has an impressive Marketcap, but to be honest, if suddenly the market force it to cash, the real value is MUCH MUCH less, as the liquidity it quite pathetic there. and they are MERELY sustaining that marketcap cause there are not enough coins to sell...

that's in a way, forging data.

a coin will need liquidity to actually be a 'coin', whatever has not enough trading volume, is not in use, and when it is not in use, it is just a sorry excuse.
I might as well Say I have 100billion of a coin, where i got my neighbour to buy 1 coin at 10$ (causes he's stupid enough to do so) , so I have 1 Trillion market cap. :p
skizzneena

Activity: 95

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2014, 03:06:24 AM

Good!

We need more consolidation.

AMERICA CANT SURVIVE ON $7.25!  TIPS greatly appreciated: Ea1gywevNkV8YFiZbpxAAHqxAZByyFEnGS
HysonCorp

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 03:20:49 AM

Hmm you mean you weren't impressed with AUR's $200,000,000 USD market cap combined with the fact that simply selling as few as 25 coins could drastically alter the market on the exchanges?

~BCX~

Whatever is not Liquid in volume, is a fake Marketcap, that's what I mean.

Marketcap simply means 'you can theoretically get USD value of X', but the truth is FAR from it. Let's take NXT for example, it says it has an impressive Marketcap, but to be honest, if suddenly the market force it to cash, the real value is MUCH MUCH less, as the liquidity it quite pathetic there. and they are MERELY sustaining that marketcap cause there are not enough coins to sell...

that's in a way, forging data.

a coin will need liquidity to actually be a 'coin', whatever has not enough trading volume, is not in use, and when it is not in use, it is just a sorry excuse.
I might as well Say I have 100billion of a coin, where i got my neighbour to buy 1 coin at 10$ (causes he's stupid enough to do so) , so I have 1 Trillion market cap. :p

That's exactly what happened with Auroracoin. The devs premined 50% of the coin supply, then artificially pumped up the price of a few coins on the exchange to over $100 each. They then counted the out of circulation premine as part of the market cap valued at $300,000,000 USD at peak. The truth of the matter is less than $50K USD were actually available.

~BCX~

exactly. I was in agreement with you. Smiley

the same goes to most ethnocoins... and apparently none of them fooled anyone anyway. Smiley
troy112

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 03:23:13 AM

Its just bad... That an innovative coin like quark have to go thorough this because of all the new pump and dump coins.
hopefully we find some good coins to compete among them.
snortex

Activity: 814
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 04:46:22 AM

XPM is DEAD.
XPM is back again. +40% on btc-e
What was it?

I never lose. Either I win or I learn.
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2014, 08:36:39 AM

Looks like people here are discovering the difference between value at the margin and total value. Yes, "total market cap" is a problematic metric especially for a low-volume and illiquid coin. Old news for a penny-stock hound like me  Wink

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

coin-ninja

Activity: 9

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 09:25:48 AM

New coins should be finding and hitting their niche market at the right time, but it seems all these coins are targeting this feedback loop for bag holders and that's unsustainable. Nobody needed doge or Bitcoin when they first came out, they got through on allure alone. I think the desire for instant widespread distribution from hungry hashers is dooming the alt-coin market making anything we touch turn to shit before the would-be real market has a chance to experience it. The coins laying low waiting to pounce are the ones to watch.
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2014, 10:15:16 AM

New coins should be finding and hitting their niche market at the right time, but it seems all these coins are targeting this feedback loop for bag holders and that's unsustainable. Nobody needed doge or Bitcoin when they first came out, they got through on allure alone. I think the desire for instant widespread distribution from hungry hashers is dooming the alt-coin market making anything we touch turn to shit before the would-be real market has a chance to experience it. The coins laying low waiting to pounce are the ones to watch.

For miners though the trick is to mine them before they pounce, because once they pounce their difficulty will skyrocket massively.

Look at I0Coin and GRouPcoin for example, they laid low a long time giving miners plenty of time to mine as many as they wished at low difficulty, then POW, suddenly I0Coin is back on Bitparking's merged mining pool and is thus difficult to mine again for small miners, and mmpool also picked up GRouPcoin for the first time at the same time so now GRouPcoin also skyrocketed in difficulty.

Plus since of course responsible exchanges do not list coins that do not have huge difficulty now that their difficulty and thus their security has skyrocketed I0Coin is already back on at least one exchange and GRouPcoin is on the "vote for it if you want us to list it" queue of at least one exchange.

Meanwhile CoiLedCoin and GeistGeld continue to lay low, for any miner who wishes to mine a nice hoard at low difficulty before they too "pounce".

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
primeGPU

Activity: 196

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 11:26:21 PM

XPM is back again. +40% on btc-e
What was it?
GPU miner is out for XPM.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: