Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 12:56:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Wheres the option to delete my account  (Read 83 times)
ineedhelpplease (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 19

View Profile
April 29, 2024, 08:55:34 AM

Going to be doing so soon, not "immediately" but maybe in a week at most. I'm sorry but I can't just have my account here under an email I used for a while as well. Hopefully its not in your past history because I had to change it like 20 mins ago. I used my main IP when signing up for this website and I do not want it saved just incase you people are ever breached again. Most of y'all are genuinely great people but I dont wanna stay and I haven't. I quit a month ago and I was semi inactive prior.

So like, wheres the button to delete my account?

P.S; I was logged out when I clicked "post" I forgot to click that checkmark where it said to stay signed in. Shocked me due to how unexpected that was and thought a staff member listened to me and deleted my account already for me for a moment.

I hope everyone here lives a great life.
EL MOHA

Activity: 420
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 29, 2024, 09:00:00 AM

You cannot delete your account yourself, I think you need to actually PM the admin/moderator to help with that. Since your reason seems tangible (privacy related), I think you might stand a chance but it’s hard though.

If also your problem is the email, you can easily change that to a throwaway email address that isn’t related to you. You can go to the account related settings Under your profile to do that.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBITCRYPTO
FUTURES
[
1,000x
LEVERAGE
][
COMPETITIVE
FEES
][
INSTANT
EXECUTION
]██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
TRADE NOW
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Apocollapse

Activity: 980
Merit: 757

View Profile
April 29, 2024, 09:03:11 AM

Unfortunately there's no way to delete your account.

Full IP address is stored for 6 months, to completely undetected you need to not login for at least 6 years. https://bitcointalk.org/privacy.php

I'm not sure how important is your reason want to get rid from this forum due to email and IP address you leave here, there's a chance if you can convince theymos.

ineedhelpplease (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 19

View Profile
April 29, 2024, 09:15:30 AM

You cannot delete your account yourself, I think you need to actually PM the admin/moderator to help with that. Since your reason seems tangible (privacy related), I think you might stand a chance but it’s hard though.

If also your problem is the email, you can easily change that to a throwaway email address that isn’t related to you. You can go to the account related settings Under your profile to do that.

I've changed it to a throwaway email address. I'll see if I can PM a staff member in the following days about my request. Thank you.

Unfortunately there's no way to delete your account.

Full IP address is stored for 6 months, to completely undetected you need to not login for at least 6 years. https://bitcointalk.org/privacy.php

I'm not sure how important is your reason want to get rid from this forum due to email and IP address you leave here, there's a chance if you can convince theymos.

Six years is a very long time. I am aware that theymos has definitely improved security by alot here and knowing that there hasn't been a breach in like a decade it's good to know at least. I would just rather not take the risks though. I've been deleting some of my online accounts and I have stopped using emails that have been in at least one breach and I'm still trying my best here.

To both; welp that sucks thank you for informing me that there is no delete button and the helpful information as well. Somehow I've either forgotten about this or missed entirely until now.

I hope everyone here lives a great life.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: