Bitcoin Forum
May 18, 2024, 01:58:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Children's Edtech Startup Looking for a Few Good Men (or Women) to Join Our Team  (Read 158 times)
plasmid (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2024, 02:38:36 PM
Last edit: May 04, 2024, 02:31:05 PM by plasmid

Hey people,

I'm the founder of Little Brain Boosters®, a bootstrapped children's Edtech startup based out of Amsterdam. Our platform is called Dopalearn® - the world's first nano-learning platform for children. It's a free app available on iOS and Android (there is also a pro version for $2.99 a month). It's hybrid between an LMS (Learning Management System) and a video platform; think YouTube Shorts or TikTok, but instead of ads, we show "nano-lessons" lasting between 3-15 seconds. It was designed for children with learning disabilities (i.e. autism, ADHD, speech delay, etc). We been working on this project for about 5 years (8 years personally), unveiled recently.

Here are some videos:

Explainer: https://youtube.com/shorts/1gcMx_IDOZY
Promo: https://youtube.com/shorts/WGY0082PQZo
"Got kids?" campaign video: https://youtu.be/359pDMpTMIw

Website www.dopalearn.com

We're now gearing up to unveil a content creator program with a blockchain based reward system (coins for views) followed by a marketplace for the educational component (possibly NFT based). I'm looking for a few wise men (or women) with expertise in the field to join the team. You'll be offered a stake + profits and a salary (once we are profitable).

Anyone interested in a chat?

Regards,
Adam
robelneo
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 1204

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2024, 04:14:40 PM

It is an interesting project and one that is worth pursuing, I believe your platform has huge potential it has a market, you need to market your platform, on Google Play alone it only has 1k plus downloads, and by the way you forgot to mention the channel for communication like a telegram channel, where they can chat you.
I hope you find the right people for your project.

█████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀█▀▀█▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
████████▄▄█▄▄█▄▄██████████▀██████
█████░░█░░█░░█░░████████████▀████
██▀▀█▀▀█▀▀█▀▀█▀▀██████████████▀██
██▄▄█▄▄█▄▄█▄▄█▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████
██░░█░░█░░███████████████████████
██▀▀█▀▀█▀▀███████████████████████
██▄▄█▄▄█▄▄███████████████████████
██▀▀█▀▀█▀▀██████████▄▄▄██████████
████████████████████████
██
██████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀████
██████████████▀▀░░░░████
██████████▀▀░░░▄▀░░▐████
██████▀▀░░░░▄█▀░░░░█████
████▄▄░░░▄██▀░░░░░▐█████
████████░█▀░░░░░░░██████
████████▌▐░░▄░░░░▐██████
█████████░▄███▄░░███████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██
███████████████████████
█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄█████
██████████████▄██████████
████████████████▄████████
█████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀█▀▀█▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
████████▄▄█▄▄█▄▄██████████▀██████
█████░░█░░█░░█░░████████████▀████
██▀▀█▀▀█▀▀█▀▀█▀▀██████████████▀██
██▄▄█▄▄█▄▄█▄▄█▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████
██▀▀█▀▀█▀▀███████████████████████
██▀▀█▀▀█▀▀██████████▄▄▄██████████
plasmid (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2024, 05:58:41 PM

It is an interesting project and one that is worth pursuing, I believe your platform has huge potential it has a market, you need to market your platform, on Google Play alone it only has 1k plus downloads, and by the way you forgot to mention the channel for communication like a telegram channel, where they can chat you.
I hope you find the right people for your project.

Thank you very much for the kind words, Bons!

You're right. We did a small 100 dollar test campaign on Meta after the Android release recently, but paused it after a few days to make some changes to the UX (release coming in about 2 weeks). Those 1k downloads were from that. The plan is to proof the concept with the autism/speech delay community first before doing any significant investments in social media campaigning (a bit expensive).

Here is my telegram: https://t.me/dopalearn
plasmid (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2024, 10:38:24 AM
Last edit: May 03, 2024, 11:21:29 AM by plasmid

Here is a technical overview of the concept, we're calling it the "Pop-up Training System" or PTS.

In a nutshell, it's an edutainment platform (educational entertainment). It uses the same principle as video ads to deliver both passive & interactive learning experiences while the child is being entertained. Instead of ads, it plays nano sized lessons (combination of Lottie animation + mp3) lasting seconds that pop-up over the video and range between 3-15 seconds, depending on the lesson type. There are 2 training modes available: Lessons only (freemium) and Practice mode (premium). The Lessons only mode is passive where the child simply watches and listens (behaves like an ad that cannot be skipped). On the other hand, Practice mode is interactive requiring the child to interact in order to get back to the video (aka "reel"). Both depicted in the video linked below.

The UI/UX is designed in a way so the parent can quickly select a lessons package from a library, define a few training parameters, and press START before handing the device over to the child (there are over a 100 ranging from alphabet, tracing, spelling, vocabulary building, math). The configuration process takes only a few seconds. Each package houses 1 or more “nano-lessons” (i.e. English alphabet has 26). The parent has the choice to focus the training on 1 or more nano-lessons (i.e. A, B, C) or the whole package (i.e. A - Z). Upon selection of a lesson package, the parent is then taken to a view called “Launch Pad” that houses a number of parameters which is essentially the LMS component (the heart of Dopalearn).

Here is an overview of the core parameters:

1. Pop-up Frequency: The duration between the pop-ups - It’s a slider that dictates the duration between the lessons ranging which can be set from 15 to 300 seconds.
2. Lesson Count: The number of times a lesson is shown before progression - Also a slider which lets the parent define the number of nano-lessons (1 - 30) presented before progression to the next nano-lesson (i.e. from A to B to C and so on).
3. Practice Mode: A toggle button that enables Practice mode, the interactive component of the application.
4. Challenge Count: The number of times the learner is challenged between the lessons - Also a slider (1-30) which dictates the number of times the child is challenged after the lessons set.

Here is a demonstration of the training process starting with lesson selection and including both training modes (Lessons and Practice): https://youtu.be/6yATpr4N-DY
348Judah

Activity: 728
Merit: 521

View Profile
May 03, 2024, 01:28:12 PM

Good development, this will help have target on the physically challenged or disabled ones among the children, this will also help in having a plan for them to get the right and required information's concerning the developments going on around the world, i will also like to get interest on such, most importantly, when we are concentrated on teaching the children who were found in this category to have opportunity to participate in bitcoin and other technology innovations around the world.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
plasmid (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2024, 03:13:27 PM
Last edit: May 03, 2024, 03:45:15 PM by plasmid

Good development, this will help have target on the physically challenged or disabled ones among the children, this will also help in having a plan for them to get the right and required information's concerning the developments going on around the world, i will also like to get interest on such, most importantly, when we are concentrated on teaching the children who were found in this category to have opportunity to participate in bitcoin and other technology innovations around the world.

Thanks, Judah! And right on. That's the big idea, to create vocation-based learning paths (coding for example) that will train the child from infancy to adulthood. We will eventually enable machine learning so the learning process can be fully autonomous with zero involvement from the parent, aside from pressing start and handing them the tablet. Some of these kids are gifted and posses superhuman abilities too (i.e. human calculators) and we're pretty excited to see them realize their full potential with Dopalearn.

Here is our first ever test with a 15 year old with level 3 autism (most severe). We were able to teach him more math and english in 2 days than his whole 15 years of life (Russian native from Belgium): https://youtu.be/gBZUCWVDbAY
CODE200

Activity: 1456
Merit: 309

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
May 04, 2024, 04:43:18 AM

You might want to get in contact with some people that are working in the daycare or libraries because I think that it's going to help you in some way to spread the vision that your application/project is trying to pursue, that's how the The Asia Foundation's Let's Read program has been doing it in a local library in my country, they donated some books and promoted their reading application. And it seems that it's been a success for them because kids that are visiting the library are learning the joy of reading. I'm interested with the work but I want to know the details of what those people that you're looking for have to do to qualify and what would be their tasks if they get accepted.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Joel_Jantsen
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1308

Get your game girl

View Profile
May 04, 2024, 11:59:55 AM

Hey Adam! You have a great idea with the microlearning app! Would like to get in touch with you as I've worked with the EdTech ecosystem for kids before! Telegram @Joel_Jantsen
plasmid (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2024, 02:23:56 PM

You might want to get in contact with some people that are working in the daycare or libraries because I think that it's going to help you in some way to spread the vision that your application/project is trying to pursue, that's how the The Asia Foundation's Let's Read program has been doing it in a local library in my country, they donated some books and promoted their reading application. And it seems that it's been a success for them because kids that are visiting the library are learning the joy of reading. I'm interested with the work but I want to know the details of what those people that you're looking for have to do to qualify and what would be their tasks if they get accepted.

Hey CODE200, thank you very much for the great tip! I been thinking along those lines as well, give away licenses to institutions all over the world (especially the autism centers) both for the staff to conduct in class training and the kids for home training. There is also a plan for a "Teacher's Portal" concept that would allow staff/teachers to push training to the children's devices at home and track progress. "Learning never stops" is the slogan Smiley

Are you a coder?
plasmid (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2024, 02:31:53 PM

Hey Adam! You have a great idea with the microlearning app! Would like to get in touch with you as I've worked with the EdTech ecosystem for kids before! Telegram @Joel_Jantsen

Thank you, Joel! I'll ping you tonight!

Btw, it's nanolearning Smiley
qzl9199

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 10, 2024, 02:09:48 AM

This is a good project, but I would like to raise a few questions prudently:

First, what is the origin of the concept of "nano learning platform"? Did you create it yourself? What does it mean? Where is the advancement?

Second, there are 5 language options on your website, but your language teaching courses are based on English teaching, right? So what is the user market you are targeting? According to my understanding, there are many projects on children’s English teaching on the Internet. What are your advantages?

Third, it seems that you are trying to graft blockchain onto your project, which will create an incentive system. Have you considered whether you will encounter legal risks in this process?

Apart from these problems, I still think this is a good project. If you use the language of today's encryption world, what you are trying to try should be "learn to earn". Parents download the program, guide their children's learning, and obtain incentive tokens, forming a positive cycle of material and spiritual win-win. In fact, too many projects in the current encryption world are castles in the air, and it is difficult to produce positive effects based on the real world.

I am from China, a country with a huge demand for children to learn English. I have two children. They are using an English teaching platform called "Jili Guala". The average class period is about 10 minutes. I am very happy. Share with you the specific details of a project like this.

At the same time, my wife is a university teacher, specializing in child care and maternal and infant care. She has profound attainments in related majors. So I have a strong desire to participate in your project, and I will contact you on TG.

I wish you success.
plasmid (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2024, 05:03:17 AM

This is a good project, but I would like to raise a few questions prudently:

Howdy, qzl. Great questions.

First, what is the origin of the concept of "nano learning platform"? Did you create it yourself? What does it mean? Where is the advancement?

Yes. It's based on the same concept as video advertising which has been around since 1941: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsjc2uDi1OI. I'm just the first person to ask the question "What would happen if we replaced ads with education?". You have likely heard of microlearning, this is the next (and final) stage of learning, imho.

Second, there are 5 language options on your website, but your language teaching courses are based on English teaching, right? So what is the user market you are targeting? According to my understanding, there are many projects on children’s English teaching on the Internet. What are your advantages?

Currently, we have English with Arabic in "Preview" category (the 2nd language coming) with another 13 languages in development and plans to introduce every world language at some point. We decided to translate the website into those 5 languages only because we have members on the team that spoke those languages. But aside from English and Arabic, you won't find the other languages, yet. In terms of advantages, learning is guaranteed with Dopalearn (it boils down to repetition). Here is a 1 minute explainer in Chinese: https://youtube.com/shorts/TeZfHND6pNc?feature=share

Third, it seems that you are trying to graft blockchain onto your project, which will create an incentive system. Have you considered whether you will encounter legal risks in this process?

Here is another thread I started that dives deep into those plans: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5495373.msg64035306#msg64035306

Apart from these problems, I still think this is a good project. If you use the language of today's encryption world, what you are trying to try should be "learn to earn". Parents download the program, guide their children's learning, and obtain incentive tokens, forming a positive cycle of material and spiritual win-win. In fact, too many projects in the current encryption world are castles in the air, and it is difficult to produce positive effects based on the real world. 100%

I am from China, a country with a huge demand for children to learn English. I have two children. They are using an English teaching platform called "Jili Guala". The average class period is about 10 minutes. I am very happy. Share with you the specific details of a project like this. Very interesting! Sounds like microlearning, let me Google it.

At the same time, my wife is a university teacher, specializing in child care and maternal and infant care. She has profound attainments in related majors. So I have a strong desire to participate in your project, and I will contact you on TG. Awesome. Are you a developer? What is your background?

I wish you success. Thanks, brotha.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: