Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 03:07:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Question to hodlers:How will you spend the money?  (Read 626 times)
Stalker22
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1359

View Profile
May 04, 2024, 09:40:47 PM

Preaching to the choir here - I think we are all on the same page about holding our Bitcoin long-term instead of chasing quick profits.  But you make a fair point, when do we eventually sell? That question keeps us strategizing for sure.

Personally, I dream about setting up different income streams so I can be free to pursue what I enjoy, travel more or even sleep in when I want!  Real estate, side businesses, rental properties - those can work.  Im just brainstorming ideas too, and always interested to hear other ideas people have in mind.

█████████████████████████
██
█████▀▀███████▀▀███████
█████▀░░▄███████▄░░▀█████
██▀░░██████▀░▀████░░▀██
██▀░░▀▀▀████████████░░▀██
██░░█▄████▀▀███▀█████░░██
██░░███▄▄███████▀▀███░░██
██░░█████████████████░░██
██▄░░████▄▄██████▄▄█░░▄██
██▄░░██████▄░░████░░▄██
█████▄░░▀███▌░░▐▀░░▄█████
███████▄▄███████▄▄███████
.ROOBET 2.0..██████.IIIIIFASTER & SLEEKER.██████.
|

█▄█
▀█▀
████▄▄██████▄▄████
█▄███▀█░░█████░░█▀███▄█
▀█▄▄░▐█████████▌▄▄█▀
██▄▄█████████▄▄████▌
██████▄▄████████
█▀▀████████████████
██████
█████████████
██
█▀▀██████████████
▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
    PLAY NOW    
lalabotax

Activity: 1540
Merit: 132

BK8 - Most Trusted Gambling Platform

View Profile
May 04, 2024, 09:57:51 PM

The question is addressed to hodlers who have been hodling bitcoin for years
Sooner or later there will come a moment when we will sell the bitcoins we hodl and have to invest this money in something else to create passive income
It can be real estate,any business,buying land and renting it out or something else
This will definitely depend on each person. There are times when someone has it all. Success in their business and business means they also have various investments, not only in the online world but also offline. We certainly know a lot about various parties who are also involved in the property, land, gold and other businesses. but also successful in long time holding Bitcoin or stocks. Yes, once again it will depend on what their financial management means. because sometimes this is also very closely related to their management mindset and finances.

And for now, my main focus is Bitcoin, which I have held for more than 4 years. and I believe that it will cause a Bitcoin bullrun. There are already several strategies for this project and hopefully it can really be fulfilled regarding gaining gains in the next bullrun. And related to other businesses, this is still quite difficult for me to do.

Marvelman

Activity: 1008
Merit: 137

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
May 04, 2024, 10:04:16 PM

Real estate and rentals can be a solid investment, I get it.  Dealing with tenants and leaky faucets though? That could turn into a full-time headache.  Maybe starting a little side business would be more your style instead.  But honestly, there's no one right path here.  You gotta think about what makes sense for your situation specifically.  Point is, you gotta be real with yourself.  Think about your skills and time before you decide which investment strategy is best.

bSpend

Activity: 410
Merit: 270

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
May 04, 2024, 10:18:25 PM
Merited by Ojima-ojo (1)

For me, I don't own so much bitcoin, but for the little I own, I've never really thought about a time coming when I will have to sell it all off and look esle where to invest the money, looking at my age, I have no such plans since bitcoin in itself has proven to be a very good and reliable asset to be constantly invested in, i planned to hold my bitcoin for a very long time, possibly selling along the line, and buying back again, selling and buying, that is, become more like a bitcoin trader by taking advantage of the market swings to increase my bitcoin holdings, and as well take profit from my holding from time to time, maybe from that profit, I can think of investing in a business, buying land and houses, investing in real estate and so on, but never will a time come when I will have to sell all my bitcoin and possibly quit crypto, for that is what it actually is, if I ever will have to sell all my bitcoins to look esle where to invest the money, it simply means I quit doing crypto, this is not gonna happen except something really bad happens to bitcoins and bitcoin is said to no longer going to exist, then, and only then, will I sell if I have the opportunity to.

B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T|
  BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
Kristiyana

Activity: 196
Merit: 36

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
May 04, 2024, 10:55:40 PM

Well I can't tell what's on my mind, not until I hit my target so in this case I will  keep holding, I know most investors has really make a lot of profit from bitcoin investment. I think those earlier investors must have met up to there target, and at this point they won't find it difficult to execute their plans, for  those of us who are still new In the system I think we  still have a very long way to go.

ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org     ElonCoin.org     ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org
●          Mars, here we come!          ●
██ ████ ███ ██ ████ ███ ██   Join Discord   ██ ███ ████ ██ ███ ████ ██
Rabata

Activity: 770
Merit: 200

View Profile
May 04, 2024, 11:12:30 PM

I don't see any investment platform that can pay more than Bitcoin. So I don't think I have to sell bitcoins and do any other business. Because I know it can give me more than my expectations in the long run. But even if I need money, I will never plan to sell my bitcoins until the specified time and my expected level, instead I will try to hold more bitcoins as much as I can. I will try to arrange my money in some other way. But if someone wants to profit from his bitcoins I would not do him but considering the possibilities I would definitely say hold bitcoins.

Assface16678

Activity: 1386
Merit: 134

View Profile
May 04, 2024, 11:29:10 PM

We know that at some point bitcoin will reach its limit, I'm talking about the maximum bitcoin that can be mined, and we still dont know what will happen after that, but for me as a bitcoin holder even though I sometimes sell some of my holdings because I need to buy something or for emergency, I will still continue to hold and hold until the time where we can see what will happen to bitcoin at the end, but even so if there is still a way or innovation from bitcoin and it will still be in the future then of course I will not sell all my holdings and keep on believing in bitcoin because that's how it is, that's how we bitcoin holders thinks, we will not let ourselves to sell all our holdings until the end. 

But meanwhile of course I will find more investment related to crypto currency and see new currency with the potential to give me passive income and good amount of profit, even now I do many crypto currency because I want tk maximize my capability in order to earn and not just stuck in bitcoin.

BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 1373

View Profile
May 04, 2024, 11:36:05 PM

I would use the money to set up an AI to do all the answering in the Bitcointalk forum for me... so I had time to go fishing on the beach.

Cool

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/.
davis196

Activity: 2982
Merit: 915

View Profile
May 05, 2024, 06:03:00 AM

Hello,friends
Sooner or later there will come a moment when we will sell the bitcoins we hodl and have to invest this money in something else to create passive income
It can be real estate,any business,buying land and renting it out or something else
Very few people will sell bitcoins just to spend this money in a few months,at least i don't know such people
Everyone here is a smart person and everyone here has thought about where to spend this money
That's my question

P.s. I'm a holder myself,i'm thinking about strategies and i'm interested in the opinion of other hodlers to put these ideas in my head and think about them

-Regards

There's no "one size fits all" type of answer to this question. Not all BTC HODLers are the same. Some people are HODLing small amounts of BTC, so they most likely wouldn't be able to buy a house/apartment, even if they sell at the next Bitcoin ATH price. Other people are HODLing big amounts of BTC, so they could invest in another business or buy a big real estate property after they sell. I'm a member of the first group of Bitcoin HODLers, so I can't afford a house or apartment with my BTC, even if the price hits 100K. To be honest, I really don't know how to spend the money after I sell and I hate making long term plans. Those BTC in my wallet are my financial "safety net".

CODE200

Activity: 1456
Merit: 310

View Profile
May 05, 2024, 06:26:29 AM

In my opinion, there is no point in selling your Bitcoins until Bitcoin finally becomes the world's reserve currency and an integral part of central banks' gold and foreign exchange reserves.  Moreover, when this event occurs, there will be no need to sell Bitcoin for fiat money.  Its cost will be so high that the hodlers will not sell it, but will only pawn it.  Bitcoin is the most valuable asset a person can own.  Real estate may seem like a very attractive investment, but in reality it has large associated costs and can easily be confiscated or destroyed as a result of military action.
That's a long time before it happens and I'm not really the kind of person that would pass up on the opportunity earn profits as a reward for hodling for the long-term, there's always a time that I can buy back the bitcoin that I've sold when I've sold it when the price peaks, I don't want to be bitter and regretful that I didn't sold when the price of bitcoin peaked, at the least there should be an opportunity for me to enjoy life, there's more to it than just bitcoin investing and hodling. Real estate is a good investment but I don't recommend investing in it right now, it's a bubble and I'd rather see another 2008 Housing crisis before I buy my own home, that way, it'll be much cheaper.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Questat

Activity: 2842
Merit: 604

View Profile
May 05, 2024, 06:56:06 AM

As a holder? Definitely, I won't spend my money.
Like if you are a trader, you are trading as well and if you are a gambler, you are also gambling. Or else, I couldn't tell myself I was a holder when in my mind is to spend it. I will just stop holding when I leave the crypto space because the mindset of a holder is to hold and grow their money, not by thinking about spending it.

The question OP won't point out what a holder is but this suits users.

kentrolla

Activity: 1568
Merit: 565

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2024, 07:07:05 AM

I have planned it really well as when I decide to sell it at peak then I would reinvest more than half of it into Bitcoin and other coins as well during bearish market, diversify my remaining return by investing it into things like real estate, equity and stocks. I would also invest some in local businesses which I have planned for a while now but the most important thing is we shouldn't use 100% into other investments , if you notice I haven't used it for luxury because I would use the income which I get through my job for those needs.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
AnonBitCoiner

Activity: 1400
Merit: 326

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2024, 07:12:58 AM

I don't see any investment platform that can pay more than Bitcoin. So I don't think I have to sell bitcoins and do any other business. Because I know it can give me more than my expectations in the long run. But even if I need money, I will never plan to sell my bitcoins until the specified time and my expected level, instead I will try to hold more bitcoins as much as I can. I will try to arrange my money in some other way. But if someone wants to profit from his bitcoins I would not do him but considering the possibilities I would definitely say hold bitcoins.

Bitcoin is a successful platform and it will give you huge profit if you have patience and knowledge but it is also not a bad idea to invest in other business with the profit of Bitcoin because sometimes we also need some physical business for which we work hard and get huge profit.

It is not necessary to sell your whole Bitcoin for another business but you can sell some of it to continue both Bitcoin investment and other business so you can take profit from both of them if you work in the right way.

Hold your Bitcoin until the price is affordable for you but when it reaches to the price higher than 100k$ then sell some of them to put into another business or investment because the bitcoin is very volatile and it can go down again very quickly therefore take your profit and leave the rest for getting the profit during another pump.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
Marvelman

Activity: 1008
Merit: 137

View Profile
May 05, 2024, 08:29:58 AM

All the other investment options you mentioned are relevant but I don’t think, a core bitcoin investor would want to  sell his coin simply to go invest in some  other things not even this bull run.

But why not? Diversifying makes good sense for investors.  Putting money across different assets like Bitcoin as well as more traditional ones can help manage overall risk.  No one knows for sure where Bitcoin or any other market will go long-term.  betting everything on one horse seems unwise, even for big Bitcoin bulls.

Mrbluntzy

Activity: 280
Merit: 39

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2024, 08:46:30 AM

Hello,friends
Very few people will sell bitcoins just to spend this money in a few months,at least i don't know such people
Everyone here is a smart person and everyone here has thought about where to spend this money
That's my question

P.s. I'm a holder myself,i'm thinking about strategies and i'm interested in the opinion of other hodlers to put these ideas in my head and think about them

-Regards

I am not an old investor and holder of Bitcoin but at least I have made a decision to only sell my Bitcoin when the price reach $500k. If am done with my university study, I  will seek a job and when I start earning I will save up and start my own company. If i got a government job, am assured it's a life earning opportunity because even after I have retired, I will still be receiving pension and there will be no need to touch my Bitcoin. I have plans to hold my Bitcoin for a very long time in the future unless any thing came up.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Essential10

Activity: 322
Merit: 107

View Profile
May 05, 2024, 10:21:57 AM

Since Bitcoin is valuable, it is possible to get huge profits by investing in it. I have an alternative source of income so I don't have to sell bitcoins. Having this non additional source of income allows me to continue my life and normal activities properly. Since I don't need the money right now, I'm holding on to my bitcoin despite its gains. I expect Bitcoin to go much further from here in the future. Since I have the money I plan to buy more bitcoins, I am prolonging my bitcoin holding plan for the time being, now is the time for me to Hold bitcoins.

m2017
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1328

keep walking, Johnnie

View Profile
May 05, 2024, 10:45:48 AM

"Question to hodlers:How will you spend the money?" - to buy an island, a lambo and a couple of mulattoes. Cheesy

Why sell bitcoin in order to invest the money received in something else, for the sake of receiving passive income, if bitcoin already brings passive profit? Moreover, not every method of making a profit can boast quite significant returns.

Some, for example, buy a yellow legal pad. Although I could call this the most senseless and stupid way to spend bitcoin (or there is something I don’t know and don’t understand in this story).

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
rodskee

Activity: 2380
Merit: 197

View Profile
May 05, 2024, 11:01:14 AM

I'm  planning it all for myt retirement , to have enough land to farm and near running water or beaches.

and also some part will be for my children to be left as my last will because we can never know the future .

but for a while I wanted to use some of my profit to enter small businesses so i can make more realistic profit.

Maus0728
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1577

Bitcoin Casino Est. 2013

View Profile
May 05, 2024, 11:05:25 AM

As any normal person would, spending it on stuff that matters, down payment for a car, for a house or even as a capital for business, it's not really a matter of how you do it, just don't be too wasteful of your profits and spend it first on things that matter. I've seen what bitcoin profits can do if you don't know how to spend it wisely, you will always end up spiraling into misery after you've spent all of it on the wrong things, that's why I've planned already how I would do it. Maybe I'd use the money that I'd get for hodling for retirement, it's not like I'm not working that I'm depending on my bitcoin to grow, I can wait for it.

███▄▀██▄▄
░░▄████▄▀████ ▄▄▄
░░████▄▄▄▄░░█▀▀
███ ██████▄▄▀█▌
░▄░░███▀████
░▐█░░███░██▄▄
░░▄▀░████▄▄▄▀█
░█░▄███▀████ ▐█
▀▄▄███▀▄██▄
░░▄██▌░░██▀
░▐█▀████ ▀██
░░█▌██████ ▀▀██▄
░░▀███
▄▄██▀▄███
▄▄▄████▀▄████▄░░
▀▀█░░▄▄▄▄████░░
▐█▀▄▄█████████
████▀███░░▄░
▄▄██░███░░█▌░
█▀▄▄▄████░▀▄░░
█▌████▀███▄░█░
▄██▄▀███▄▄▀
▀██░░▐██▄░░
██▀████▀█▌░
▄██▀▀██████▐█░░
███▀░░
salad daging

Activity: 1666
Merit: 810

Bitcoin To The Moon 📈📈📈

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2024, 12:56:33 PM

Actually this has a different opinion, it is clear that there are those who maintain their Bitcoin to any extent because they miss opportunities from other fields unlike bitcoin which is quite promising to say so.

There are people who want to diversify; Bitcoin + holders have real estate or other businesses, they want to get different sources but with the thought of ideas from other people then it will be very relevant, right? Ideas from anywhere should be taken that are good and profitable for you.

About massive income then Real Estate or other businesses because they will receive profits every month this is what we expect for the needs and savings that continue to be saved.
 I know that bitcoin is pretty good for the long term, but in search of massive income then for bitcoin not, especially for the long term we will feel the benefits when every cycle and where bullish comes again.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███