Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:47:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone using BTC to buy Silver/Gold on Coinabul?  (Read 14580 times)
Coinabul

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Coinabul - Gold Unbarred

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2012, 07:35:58 PM

Thanks for the info Coinabul. I can't find this information on your website. Although when i submited my order there was 2 options to choose. First was the  insured express delivery the other is without insurance delivery. This is what is on your website:

Coinabul Insured Express service makes it easy for you to get your bullion. We automatically determine the fastest insured shipping method for your items and destination. This is the kind of shipping you will get:

Next Day Express
on domestic orders $1,000 or more

3 day Standard
transit on domestic orders $1,000 or less

2 day Express service
on international orders $1,000 or more

5 day Standard
on international orders $1,000 or less!

Maybe i am checking a wrong link..

Anyways, I am happy with your service. And i am happy to hear you improved on the delivery time too. I am measuring it now Smiley More than happy to give good news on the forum once i got my 2nd package.
Those are the shipping times; processing time equals the time it takes to get from our secure warehouse to our shipping facility.

Hope that helps! Glad you're happy with the service!

Thank you so much for being a Coinabul customer!

-Jon

Coinabul.com - Gold Unbarred
Website owners, let me put my ads on your site! PM me!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tonto

Activity: 609

View Profile
April 27, 2012, 08:06:40 PM

I've used coinabul with no problems.  I probably had a question or two about shipping, but I got it in a reasonable time-frame.  I plan on using him again once I can afford more. Smiley

I had ordered two 1-troy oz bars, and they came sealed up and I was happy. Smiley
fulepp

Activity: 256
Merit: 100

Risk-hedging platform for cryptocurrency investors

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2012, 10:30:38 PM

Coinabul,

Thanks for the explanation. Somehow I missed this secure warehouse transport.

yodog

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 04, 2012, 11:14:21 PM

I finally got my order today.... took 2 weeks..

I was thinking that a 5 gram bar would be bigger but damn! am I ever happy... kinda crappy that I lost almost 2 BTC in value over those 2 weeks... but w/e I GOT GOLD BAR!!!

my only gold before this was a 24 kt 'indian' gold 7 gram ring..

ShireSilver

Activity: 382
Merit: 253

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2012, 12:36:56 AM

I was thinking that a 5 gram bar would be bigger but damn! am I ever happy... kinda crappy that I lost almost 2 BTC in value over those 2 weeks... but w/e I GOT GOLD BAR!!!

If you think that's small, you should check out my gold cards. I sell half gram, tenth gram, and twentieth gram gold pieces.
http://shiresilver.com/catalog/card_products
Here's a pic of a half gram gold card:
http://shiresilver.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/product_full/screenshot.png
(The design has been updated since then.)

Shire Silver, a better bullion that fits in your wallet. Get some, now accepting bitcoin!
Coinabul

Coinabul - Gold Unbarred

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2012, 04:23:13 AM

I'm glad you're so happy! Smiley

dirtycat

Activity: 456
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 05, 2012, 05:12:21 AM

nice.. I know what Im ordering next

poop!
fourd00rgtz

Activity: 151

View Profile
May 08, 2012, 03:17:38 AM

Got my third coinabul order in the mail today, great product and packaging.
Unfortunately slow service, ordered April 3rd. Perhaps my choice of product was unusual or harder to get but a 2.5wk processing time is getting too long. I would think the whole idea behind a "secure warehouse" would be to house some product, why it takes more then two weeks to get out of storage is beyond me.

Perhaps the site needs to be updated to show available inventory, people won't place orders for items out of stock. Thus they could choose to either get what they want And maybe wait or get whatever is in stock.

Trying my hand at a local seller for my next purchase, in person transactions means the item is present when I send coins instead of a one month wait.
ccliu

Activity: 420

View Profile
May 10, 2012, 03:07:24 AM

Got my third coinabul order in the mail today, great product and packaging.
Unfortunately slow service, ordered April 3rd. Perhaps my choice of product was unusual or harder to get but a 2.5wk processing time is getting too long. I would think the whole idea behind a "secure warehouse" would be to house some product, why it takes more then two weeks to get out of storage is beyond me.

Perhaps the site needs to be updated to show available inventory, people won't place orders for items out of stock. Thus they could choose to either get what they want And maybe wait or get whatever is in stock.

Trying my hand at a local seller for my next purchase, in person transactions means the item is present when I send coins instead of a one month wait.

that was me Cheesy
BTCHero

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 10, 2012, 02:30:21 PM

Why does everyone need their silver and gold so quickly?  Aren't you guys going to just sit on them forever anyhow?

I have ordered 6 times now from coinabul. 

The only thing I don't like is I don't seem to get their emails most of the time, but coingenuity is always in -otc.  He keeps some products on hand also, so I'm sure you could pm him and ask what to order for fast shipping (For instance American Silver Eagles and Canadian Maples).

Anyway, this guy is legit and you know your metals are going to come eventually.
The site is super clean and easy to use (seriously kudos on the checkout)
You can use bitcoins without exchanging them.

What's not to like besides a shipping delay for a commodity you plan on hanging onto for years?
dave00

Activity: 353

View Profile
July 16, 2012, 10:40:36 PM

I'm interested in buying some gold
I live in italy and i want to know uf you have made successful international orders
Gold doesn't pays vat so no customs taxes i'm right?
Coinabul you can PM me answers?
thanks

To the moon!!! ┗(°0°)┛
Coinabul

Coinabul - Gold Unbarred

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2012, 10:46:44 PM

I'm interested in buying some gold
I live in italy and i want to know uf you have made successful international orders
Gold doesn't pays vat so no customs taxes i'm right?
Coinabul you can PM me answers?
thanks

Howdy Dave!

We have had many successful international orders.

European transactions tend to be very smooth. We've shipped to Italy specifically before.

Our gold is VAT-exempt because of the purity.

I'll send you a PM with this information as well.

Thanks,
-Jon

Coinabul

Coinabul - Gold Unbarred

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2012, 04:01:35 AM

We've squashed the delays. Orders are now going through smoothly. Thanks for sticking with us through it!

Blackhawke

Activity: 22

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2012, 12:25:51 AM

Why does everyone need their silver and gold so quickly?  Aren't you guys going to just sit on them forever anyhow?

(... =snip=...)

What's not to like besides a shipping delay for a commodity you plan on hanging onto for years?
=heh=

No, not everybody who buys bullion is going to sit on it for years. Here in the U.S. you can convert American bullion (Eagles) into cash without the restrictions that are on Krugerrands or other foreign bullion. So if you're of a mind, it's a good way to get some extra spending cash that you don't have to report to the IRS. Though of course you're supposed to, and no good little lemming -- err.. I mean citizen -- who "plays by the rules" would ever dream of not reporting all their income to the IR of S, now would they?  Grin
Blackhawke

Activity: 22

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2012, 12:27:43 AM

We've squashed the delays. Orders are now going through smoothly. Thanks for sticking with us through it!

Glad to hear it! Ordered my bullion 5 days ago and the order is still "processing."

Still, you guys are offering a unique and badly needed service to the bitcoin community. Good to see the kinks are getting worked out.
Coinabul

Coinabul - Gold Unbarred

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2012, 09:22:47 PM

Glad to hear it! Ordered my bullion 5 days ago and the order is still "processing."

Still, you guys are offering a unique and badly needed service to the bitcoin community. Good to see the kinks are getting worked out.

Thank you for being patient! Smiley

And thank you for the kind words.

Cheers,
-Jon

davidspitzer

Activity: 630

View Profile
August 22, 2012, 02:00:58 PM

They are working on the ship times. I have purchased some gold and silver from them and they are as advertised. I measured and weighed each one for authenticity and have not had a problem yet. One suggestion is that it seems their gold and silver run on different baskets so you cannot buy both in one transaction, a minor detail. Overall a friendly site and well executed
Thralen

Activity: 123

View Profile
August 24, 2012, 02:35:50 AM

Looks like it might be. The order I placed on 08-08-12 finally shifted over to 'completed' today, although tracking doesn't show it yet. Hoping you are right and the deliveries are as speedy as some of my earlier orders were (first order I placed with Coinabul I had the coins in my hand one week later).

Thralen

Supporting bitcoin as best I can with 1. mining, 2. buying with bitcoin, 3. selling (or trying to) for bitcoin. If you make a donation to:  1MahzUUEYJrZ4VbPRm2h5itGZKEguGVZK1  I'll get it into circulation.
Thralen

Activity: 123

View Profile
August 26, 2012, 01:07:43 AM

If I'm not missing something buying here would be a horrible investment.

Go check your other precious metals people selling for BTC online. You'll find massive minimum orders or no variety whatsoever. Then look through Coinabul's site and see the numerous different coins and/or bars for multiple sizes in both gold and silver. Sure maybe you could save a dollar or two per ounce by 1. cashing out through Mtgox (of course they take their cut) and then 2. ordering through Apmex (of course their normal markup on 1 ounce silver is around $2.49/ounce unless you buy in one of their sales).

Coinabul has a good setup and even if their recent delivery times are long, I'm willing to pay a little extra to not have to mess with a Mtgox account (which of course now needs registration) and transferring funds, placing order elsewhere, and giving them financial data, etc... makes the $9/ounce premium... oh wait $6.50/ounce premium over Apmex prices... oh wait less of a markup still when you remove Mtgox fees... seem well worth it. Especially when it is easier to maintain anonymity this way. Some people like that and are willing to pay for it.

So yes, I think you were missing something, several things actually.

Incidentally, despite the tracking info still not being available last night, I received my order from 08-08-12 today.

Thanks again...
Thralen

Supporting bitcoin as best I can with 1. mining, 2. buying with bitcoin, 3. selling (or trying to) for bitcoin. If you make a donation to:  1MahzUUEYJrZ4VbPRm2h5itGZKEguGVZK1  I'll get it into circulation.
Coinabul

Coinabul - Gold Unbarred

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2012, 01:13:08 AM

If I'm not missing something buying here would be a horrible investment.
Incidentally, despite the tracking info still not being available last night, I received my order from 08-08-12 today.

Thanks again...
Thralen
Weird! Probably an issue on the shipper's end. If you think it was an issue on our end, send me an email, jon [at] coinabul.com.

Also, @AnonX: Yes, we have a slight premium. You do have to keep in mind that the premium is much lower for our bigger items. It's hard to fight the big boys for smaller items since they have a bigger operation and therefore less overhead. Luckily, thanks to Bitcoin, we ARE competitive if you look at 1oz gold bars.

We're getting bigger everyday which means everything runs smoother and cheaper.

Thanks,
-Jon

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: