Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 11:49:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Closed TNTMining.com *Special Offer* 10% Bonus+5 BTC OFFER  (Read 4664 times)
Cory

Activity: 288
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 22, 2011, 03:40:05 AM
Last edit: December 22, 2011, 04:18:23 AM by Cory

Payout is: {your last valid shares during n shares}/({difficulty}/2) * {the number of bonus coins awarded}
Heh, do you not know the specifics of your own pool? Or do you not understand what PPLNS is? :P
That equation (I think) implies a value for n equal to half of the current difficulty, so 555899 right now.
What is n for your pool?
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mu50stang (OP)

Activity: 162
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 22, 2011, 04:12:50 AM

I guess I dont but come mine anyways and make some bitcoins. 
Eveofwar

Activity: 406

View Profile
December 22, 2011, 04:20:16 AM

I guess I dont but come mine anyways and make some bitcoins. 

LOL

That's promising.
mu50stang (OP)

View Profile
December 22, 2011, 06:18:22 AM

My stale right is real low,  come check it out.  You wont be dissapointed. 
Eveofwar

View Profile
December 22, 2011, 09:55:10 AM

My stale right is real low,  come check it out.  You wont be dissapointed. 

We won't be disappointed, until we ask you how your pool works...in which you can give no explanation.
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2011, 12:43:20 AM

Lord... and what happens when there's a problem with the pool?  Open source is great, but it doesn't mean everyone should use the code.  If you don't understand the code, you should not be running a pool.  There are going to be problems, and when it comes to peoples money, you do NOT want to be clueless when it comes time to fix things and fix them quickly.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
mu50stang (OP)

View Profile
December 23, 2011, 12:45:37 AM

I understand your concern but i do have someone who set it up for me who knows what they are doing. 
mu50stang (OP)

View Profile
December 23, 2011, 02:26:19 AM

The guys who set it up for me is CablePair.  He is on these forums alot and seems like a trustworthy guy.  He sure knows what he is doing.  So please come and join the pool. 
mu50stang (OP)

View Profile
December 23, 2011, 02:52:29 AM

Offering a 5 BTC BONUS TO WHOMEVER FINDS OUR FIRST BLOCK.  INCLUDING THE 10% TO ANYONE WHO MINES ON OUR POOL.
Cory

View Profile
December 23, 2011, 02:58:00 AM

It would be helpful if you could get CablePair in this thread to answer some questions about the pool.

I would also love it if you guaranteed the current terms and established a guaranteed period of time between announcing significant changes to the pool and going live with them.
cablepair

Activity: 896

Buy this account on March-2019. New Owner here!!

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2011, 03:23:27 AM

I am not sure why everyone is so apprehensive about this pool. Its really quite simple.

Mustang wanted his own pool - so this is what I setup for him:

We have a super fast dedicated server running debian 6 on quad core xeon cpus
and an extremely fast uplink

The pool it self is running PoolServerJ 0.4 RC7 - using the revolutionary - and incredibly fast java work-maker engine
for the front end I ported the latest version of Simplecoin (which is designed for pushpool) to work with poolserverj
the Bitcoin daemon on the pool is the latest 0.5.1

As far as payout we are using PPLNS which is by far the fairest and most cheat proof payout system out there. It is what is being used at Eligius and many other pools these days, we considered going proportional just to get some sweet pool hopper action - but the truth of the matter is proportional is broken and outdated and PPLNS is one of the best payout schemes available.

There is no fee at this pool at all, mustang wants to see his pool succeed and because of that he is willing to pay an extra 10% out of his pocket and frankly I would be surprised if you could find a better deal out there.

Mustang is the pool admin - I am just a lowly technician but he is dedicated to making this thing work and I am on retainer to help with the technical details if there is any problem at all - rest assured I am available around the clock to fix any problem that may arise .

Thank you for your interest in TNTMining.com and if you have any specific technical questions feel free to email me at tom@devocoin.org

thank you and happy mining!
Cory

View Profile
December 23, 2011, 03:37:01 AM

Thanks for the info Cablepair! So, uh, what is N in this pool's PPLNS?

Also, Eligius doesn't use PPLNS; they use SMPPS.
Eveofwar

View Profile
December 23, 2011, 03:37:45 AM

I am not sure why everyone is so apprehensive about this pool. Its really quite simple.

The pool it self is running PoolServerJ 0.4 RC7 - using the revolutionary - and incredibly fast java work-maker engine
for the front end I ported the latest version of Simplecoin (which is designed for pushpool) to work with poolserverj

As far as payout we are using PPLNS which is by far the fairest and most cheat proof payout system out there. It is what is being used at Eligius and many other pools these days, we considered going proportional just to get some sweet pool hopper action - but the truth of the matter is proportional is broken and outdated and PPLNS is one of the best payout schemes available.

There is no fee at this pool at all, mustang wants to see his pool succeed and because of that he is willing to pay an extra 10% out of his pocket and frankly I would be surprised if you could find a better deal out there.

Mustang is the pool admin - I am just a lowly technician but he is dedicated to making this thing work and I am on retainer to help with the technical details if there is any problem at all - rest assured I am available around the clock to fix any problem that may arise .

Thank you for your interest in TNTMining.com and if you have any specific technical questions feel free to email me at tom@devocoin.org

Oh boy...I hope you didn't set him up with the intentions of an "Eligius"-like pool.

"[353 GH] Eligius pool: ~0Fee SMPPS, no reg, RollNtime, hop OK, BTC+NMC merged!"

Also, you still haven't answered what N is defined as for PPLNS...it's assumed as 1/2 difficulty, but our wonderful pool operator doesn't even know the inner workings of his own pool Cry
cablepair

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2011, 03:59:14 AM
Last edit: December 23, 2011, 05:01:42 AM by cablepair

Oh boy...I hope you didn't set him up with the intentions of an "Eligius"-like pool.

"[353 GH] Eligius pool: ~0Fee SMPPS, no reg, RollNtime, hop OK, BTC+NMC merged!"

Also, you still haven't answered what N is defined as for PPLNS...it's assumed as 1/2 difficulty, but our wonderful pool operator doesn't even know the inner workings of his own pool Cry

Let me elaborate , first off I was mistaken when I said Eligius uses PPLNS, they are using SMPPS now - PPLNS is their old payout system

Also I am not sure what

is supposed to mean but Luke-Jr - the owner of Eligus is one of the Bitcoin core developers and also a very intelligent and skilled coder so I am not sure what you were trying to insinuate by that.

But let's put that aside because it really has nothing to do with TNTMining.com

Mustang tried to answer your question by telling you
Insert Quote
Payout is: {your last valid shares during n shares}/({difficulty}/2) * {the number of bonus coins awarded}

If you can't figure that out I apologize Payout is: {your last valid shares during n shares}/({difficulty}/2) * {the number of bonus coins awarded}
I am not trying to insult you or anyone else - but this is Mustang's pool he is not forcing you to mine at his pool, if you don't like his pool you are free to go anywhere you want, I have not seen you submit even one share but you already act like he owes you something. I am sorry sir but he owes you nothing - if his lack of experience - or his payout system makes you feel uncomfortable please go somewhere else - his purpose is not to give you a right to bitch its to give you a start-up pool choice that is both profitable and fair and if you make the decision to mine there and are disappointed it's no ones fault but your own - because you made the decision to mine there.

If this post seems aggressive I am sorry I have no bad feelings towards anyone here but please Mustang is going out on a limb and trying to offer something new to the mining community, give him positive constructive criticism and don't try tear him down, he has no bad intentions - I assure you. Smiley

good luck and happy mining!

Eveofwar

View Profile
December 23, 2011, 04:54:07 AM

Let me elaborate , first off I was mistaken when I said Eligius uses PPLNS, they are using SMPPS now - PPLNS is their old payout system

Also I am not sure what

is supposed to mean but Luke-Jr - the owner of Eligus is one of the Bitcoin core developers and also a very intelligent and skilled coder so I am not sure what you were trying to insinuate by that.

But let's put that aside because it really has nothing to do with TNTMining.com

Mustang tried to answer your question by telling you
Insert Quote

If you can't figure that out I apologize :[N = 2 ] its your valid shares / difficulty / 2

I am not trying to insult you or anyone else - but this is Mustang's pool he is not forcing you to mine at his pool, if you don't like his pool you are free to go anywhere you want, I have not seen you submit even one share but you already act like he owes you something. I am sorry sir but he owes you nothing - if his lack of experience - or his payout system makes you feel uncomfortable please go somewhere else - his purpose is not to give you a right to bitch its to give you a start-up pool choice that is both profitable and fair and if you make the decision to mine there and are disappointed it's no ones fault but your own - because you made the decision to mine there.

If this post seems aggressive I am sorry I have no bad feelings towards anyone here but please Mustang is going out on a limb and trying to offer something new to the mining community, give him positive constructive criticism and don't try tear him down, he has no bad intentions - I assure you. Smiley

good luck and happy mining!

I think you need to re-think that...as N != 2

So that makes two people, who both "run" the pool, who can't give a simple answer, correctly.  WHAT IS N ?

Is it 1/2 difficulty or 2 ?

I'm so fkn lost at this point..I think I will go mine at another pool, one that has competency Sad

Order of operations.... valid shares / difficulty / 2  is not the same as {your last valid shares during n shares}/({difficulty}/2)
cablepair

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2011, 05:00:46 AM

lol

bro are you serious you don't understand what PPLNS is? wow you f'n trolls have nothing better to do than to f'n nit pick this and that

LISTEN

PPLNS IS WELL F'N DOCUMENTED - IF YOU CANT UNDERSTAND THE CONCEPT PACKAGE UP ALL YOUR GPU's and mail them to F'n NIGERIA

i really dont have the time to explain simple concepts to simpletons

take your own damn advice and mine somewhere else and please stop wasting our time, if you thought we were going to kiss your ass to mine here you were sorely f'n mistakin - this man is paying a 10% BONUS to miners and for that - IMO he has the right not to take any f'n bullsh1t from f'n trolls

now move on b1tch

[im going back to my beer - leave me alone]

[cablepair does not speak for the management of TNTMining.com - he is just a out sourced subcontractor and his opinions do not necessarily reflect the opinions of TNTMining.com and its administration]

Eveofwar

View Profile
December 23, 2011, 05:10:05 AM

lol

bro are you serious you don't understand what PPLNS is? if the concept is that difficult for you to understand please go mine elsewhere - I really dont care, oh wait your not mining here to begin with ! your just a troll with nothing better to do

OK so move along - thank you!

Not your "bro".

I obviously understand what PPLNS is, or else I wouldn't be asking what N is...and then calling out your obvious faults.  If the concept of you providing clarification for EVERYONE here is so hard, maybe mu50stang picked the wrong "server guy".  I really don't care if I'm mining in your pool or not, I'm just a miner wanting clarification...like everyone else.

Can you not deliver to the questions that are being asked, correctly and accurately ?
mu50stang (OP)

View Profile
December 23, 2011, 07:03:04 AM

It would be helpful if you could get CablePair in this thread to answer some questions about the pool.

I would also love it if you guaranteed the current terms and established a guaranteed period of time between announcing significant changes to the pool and going live with them.

I will guarantee the current terms.  I had started the pool with a proportional pay system thinking I could get some quick speed and realized that It wasn't the best solution for a long term pool.  I'm not here to try and get over on anyone.  The only reason I did the change so quick is because it was only the 2nd day of running and it was probably the best time to change it(didn't affect to many people, me cablepair, and one other person).   I did offer to pay anyone with the old rate if a block was found sooner.  In the future if there is a significant change I will give enought notice to everyone.   Hopefully that will ease your mind. 
mu50stang (OP)

View Profile
December 25, 2011, 05:35:49 AM

Still a chance to grab that 5btc bonus + 10% more bitcoins.  We are still working on getting that first block.
cablepair

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2011, 02:55:28 AM

write what?
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: