Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 03:44:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Art Gallery and Art professionals are underestimating the cryptocurrency sector?  (Read 146 times)
bitbollo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3290
Merit: 3558

Nec Recisa Recedit

View Profile
May 20, 2024, 09:31:33 AM
Merited by krogothmanhattan (3), 1Dq (1)

Dear collectors and makers...
in recent days I have visited some art galleries and smaller "auction houses" here in Italy.

What surprised me is to see how the sector linked to bitcoin physical objects is "snubbed" and undervalued.

Let me explain... every merchant was happy to discuss about NFTs... Roll Eyes but they have literally no idea/option for "artists" that make physical items.
if you propose to sell or exhibit an object linked to this world (by artists of proven fame, I won't list them but you know a lot of them too), a defense mechanism is triggered as if to say: there is no market, no he's quite famous, etc etc
Meanwhile they are all interested in exhibiting the "emerging artist" who sells his works for "just 1000 euros"... artists that have literally 0 value since they have no market etc etc....

Is there a problem in the art sector?
Artists who practically produce wallpaper today are super sponsored because they allow the "galleries" to make huge profits?

Opinions about it?
Do we need a specific art gallery or sooner or later they notice this sector?

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Eclipse33
Copper Member

Activity: 982
Merit: 421

Eclipse™ Experimental Cryptographic Technology

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2024, 06:54:07 PM

If art curators don't want to accept physical bitcoin as of now, it's nothing but their loss.

They will see the dollar signs soon enough and change their tune.

I feel that we don't need a gallery to be successful, although one aligned with our interests would be a huge benefit.  

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███

███

███

███

███
Eclipse
)███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███

███

███

███

███
   MARKETPLACE
▀   TELEGRAM
   TWITTER
▀   INSTAGRAM
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███

███

███

███

███
███▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
███████████▀█████▄▄
██████████████████████▄
▀████████████████████▀██
██████▄█▄██████████▀█████
███▀▀████████▀█▀███████
██████████████▄███▄██████
████████████████▄███████
██████████▀███████████▀
████████████▀▀█████▀▀
| BTC |
| XMR |
ACCEPTED
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███

███

███

███

███
[/quote]
1Dq
Copper Member

Activity: 353
Merit: 1046

Crypto Artist

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2024, 07:04:44 PM

I talked to a gallery or two myself and got a somewhat similar response, mostly around: "we're not really ready for that yet".

I think we need to just be patient and as more people turn towards Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies, they'll turn to us.

Or not and they'll go the same way fiat will go...  Cool

I love Painting and I love Bitcoin.
Imperial_Hash

Activity: 266
Merit: 72

cryptoenthusiast, artist, BTC propagandist!

View Profile
May 23, 2024, 11:19:40 AM

Hey, it is an interesting topic.

In my experience, most galleries are not interested because the audience is simply “still” too small. Some galleries are of course open and delighted when more “traditionally known” artists work with NFTs and other digital layers and have a target audience for it, but in my perception “CryptoArt” is simply not established enough yet.... And even less if we want to talk about “Bitcoin Art” in particular.

“Crypto Art” / “Bitcoin Art” is still more by and for crypto people at the moment, isn't it? Most collectors have a strong affinity to cryptos, but this group of collectors is generally still small and not very relevant in the art scene.

We don't even need to discuss the fact that blockchain has changed “digital art” forever. NFTs, Ordinals, everything around WEB3 is revolutionary and, in my opinion, still unrecognized. The legendary Beeple Drop in 2021 has certainly changed awareness, but unfortunately, in combination with the strong setback or bear market, it also left a stale taste that NFTs are a scam.

There are always well-known artists like Hirst and others who do something with NFTs, but the big breakthrough has yet to happen. This would require an alliance of galleries such as the Königsgallerie in New York and other large established galleries that are firmly committed to “art on the blockchain”. It's probably all a big process.

It's also important to remember that gallery and museum curators live in their bubble and have a particular view of art.... Not all physicals centered around Bitcoin and its ideology, history, characters, memes and so on will be considered here, although they will be considered worthy of attention from our perspective.

For sure CryptoArt has its spot in the history of art.... the process is ongoing and in the end an artwork is only that much worth, how much a buyer is ready to pay.

TWITTER::: https://twitter.com/primal_cypher
NFTs of my art available on: https://makersplace.com/primalcypher/ (MakersPlace) OR on https://superrare.co/primal_cypher (SuperRare)
vizique
Legendary

Activity: 2419
Merit: 1638

View Profile
May 26, 2024, 08:34:03 AM
Last edit: May 26, 2024, 09:09:41 AM by vizique

Their ignorance will cost them and their collectors dearly in the future as the wealthier ones seek out the early grails and works by iconic artists.
They can only ignore the scene for so long before it catches up with them.

How do I know?
Simple ... Art history is littered with regrets... From Van Gogh, Vermeer, Modigliani, Blake, Gaugin and more. Now all worth millions.

We have Cryptografffiti, Trevor Jones, Pascal Boyart, Chiefmonkey, RYR and so so many more  ...
Want to get ahead of the game for you and your inheritors? Become a patron NOW. You know it makes sense.

Viz

Add: visit vizique.com and pick up something for the future  Wink

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: