Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 12:39:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Principles of BTC  (Read 26 times)
btc-1024mining (OP)

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 22, 2024, 04:47:31 PM

Today, while relaxing, I suddenly came across a video recommendation on TikTok. Filled with curiosity, I clicked to watch it. The video, shared by a friend from China, showcased agricultural labor in their country. At first, I couldn't understand what they were doing, which only piqued my interest. So, I turned to Google to search for "the mysterious craft of the Eastern country."

Specifically, the content was about the process of making fermented condiments in northern China.

You may not have seen this craft, and you might not understand the magical aspects of it. It involves fermenting soy products with salt to create a new condiment. However, this process is time-consuming. It requires pre-fermenting the soy products and then fermenting them again the following summer. The video I watched showed that the process wasn't just about mixing salt and soy products. It involved grinding the soy products for an entire month.

All of this requires manual labor, repeated daily. The final fermented product can be consumed or sold.

This inevitably reminded me of the BTC miners' work.

Just like preparing the machinery, network, and electricity for BTC mining, these workers repeat the same tasks every day, selling the fruits of their labor. Chinese netizens, like us, are also involved in BTC mining. While we may not consider China a technological powerhouse, many practices stem from ancient Chinese culture. Their condiment fermentation process has been around for hundreds of years, bearing a striking resemblance to BTC mining.

From this, I realized an intriguing idea: what our ancestors did thousands of years ago has evolved into what we have now. While the methods and technologies have undergone significant changes, the underlying principles remain unchanged. Isn't this what we mean by decentralization?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: