Bitcoin Forum
August 14, 2024, 12:43:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think free-to-play games can generate revenue for players?  (Read 92 times)
shanhaigamefi (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 5

View Profile
June 05, 2024, 09:26:30 AM

I think it is possible. Game companies make money from enough players. In order to attract new players and retain existing players, they will definitely share a small portion of the profits and let the players make some money.
PhillipDe78

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 05, 2024, 12:35:35 PM

Yes, gaming companies make money from a large number of players, and they can share some of their profits to keep the excitement going.
GideonGono

Activity: 2086
Merit: 501

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2024, 12:45:47 PM

This is why games would have some freebies or special events to keep their players excited, and to attract potential players.
They would also give out discounts in their game so that some players would spend real money on it, this is how they keep the game running.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
moneystery

Activity: 784
Merit: 178

PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2024, 04:59:46 PM

from most p2e games that i know, it seems that the majority of them ended up bankrupt and the rest changed their system to make it harder for free players to earn money from the game. because to operate a game server is not a cheap thing, and its development also requires a lot of money, but when there are more free players in the game it will disrupt income because the burden is too big, and eventually it will cause bankruptcy for the platform. so maybe free to play games give rewards to their players, but they need to consider a system that benefits them to maintain the sustainability of the platform.

boyptc

Activity: 3094
Merit: 681

View Profile
June 05, 2024, 06:42:53 PM

I think it is possible. Game companies make money from enough players. In order to attract new players and retain existing players, they will definitely share a small portion of the profits and let the players make some money.
There are a lot of free to play games that has in game economy, no tokens involved but real world money has been involved.

It's based on the players demand and they need not to have any tokens at all. If game developers are like that and they're going to be part of the in game community, they sure are also going to make a lot of money.

And that's through trading of in game items into real world money.
btc78

Activity: 2590
Merit: 217

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
June 16, 2024, 12:16:46 PM

There’s a lot of ways to earn from games even if it is not directly from the company itself.

One example I can think of is by streaming their gameplay and monetizing these streams. I know so many people who do streaming for a living and they get so much profit. Just from the videos posted alone, they get ads sponsorship and etc which makes them earn + some tips from viewers.

peter0425

Activity: 2744
Merit: 449

CryptopreneurBrainboss managerial service

View Profile
June 16, 2024, 03:22:38 PM

from most p2e games that i know, it seems that the majority of them ended up bankrupt and the rest changed their system to make it harder for free players to earn money from the game. because to operate a game server is not a cheap thing, and its development also requires a lot of money, but when there are more free players in the game it will disrupt income because the burden is too big, and eventually it will cause bankruptcy for the platform. so maybe free to play games give rewards to their players, but they need to consider a system that benefits them to maintain the sustainability of the platform.
Free to play games usually have some purchases to be made (optionally of course) i side the game. It is up to the players whether they would want to acquire certain items or upgrades and it requires some money.

This is how I imagine these gaming companies make some money off of their players even if the game is free itself.
Calmerway

Activity: 10

View Profile
June 17, 2024, 01:49:10 PM

Ofcourse, but it would likely have to features to purchase, there has to be a cashflow coming from somewhere in order for these more dedicated players to make buck.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 3107

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2024, 08:17:53 PM

They already share with their most active players.   They give them special items that allows them to attract followers on their streaming, which is where they make their money.

If there was going to be a coin/token based on activity in video games, GameStop would have launched it a couple years ago.

https://nastyscam.com - featuring 13 years of OGNasty bitcoin scams     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming sooner than you think!
bitterguy28

Activity: 2100
Merit: 181

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2024, 02:38:00 AM

for new players ? yeah there is a room but for long term, sorry but the design of each Free to Play is for short term.

rodskee

Activity: 2464
Merit: 204

View Profile
June 18, 2024, 03:43:30 AM

Yes, gaming companies make money from a large number of players, and they can share some of their profits to keep the excitement going.
the word SOME is the best part here lol.

of course there is revenue but the question is ? do the amount is enough to feed us?

But of course if you are doing nothing in life and just hanging to your mobile every single minute then this
is enough for that person .

But if you have work and important things to face in life? Im afraid this is even enough.

HMb1996

Activity: 4

View Profile
June 19, 2024, 12:57:47 PM

Yes, gaming company are designed to make profit, and without these profit, there won't be funds to keep the these gaming company alive
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: