Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 08:50:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Avoid using public wifi for private activities  (Read 198 times)
Knight Hider

Activity: 310
Merit: 64

a young loner on a crusade

View Profile
June 11, 2024, 09:32:14 AM

Using free wifi networks can lead to lots of privacy leaks such as bank account compromising when you log in with your details over such networks, seed phrases and private keys interception
Normal people do not share seed phrases and private keys online, with or without free WiFi. I am currently in a hotel on public WiFi. My private keys are not leaving my laptop.

in a world of criminals who operate above the law
one man can make a difference and you are going to be that man
rodskee

Activity: 2408
Merit: 202

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
June 11, 2024, 11:06:59 AM

Using free wifi networks can lead to lots of privacy leaks such as bank account compromising when you log in with your details over such networks, seed phrases and private keys interception
Normal people do not share seed phrases and private keys online, with or without free WiFi. I am currently in a hotel on public WiFi. My private keys are not leaving my laptop.
Hoping that you will not encounter any bad experience of using public or free wifi since there are also some
issues happened in the past and many of our intelligent members here knows how bad and non secure using free
wifi but good luck mate.
Well I do not ever use public wifi for private things. If I am going to be on the public wifi it is for me to only send some text messages. This or to make a phone call but not for anything that has something to do with crypto.
that is the good way of using public wifi mate and its good for you that keeping your account
being safe in that using.

boyptc

Activity: 3038
Merit: 681

View Profile
June 11, 2024, 11:12:54 PM

I think it is better not to use wifi in public places because your privacy is not maintained there most of the time. There are many places where if you connect to wifi they steal your personal data. And they try to use them later. So I think that it is better not to use wifi in public places.
I agree, it's better not to use them at all even you're going to use a VPN, I wouldn't dare to do that even if I've got a paid subscription with any of them or with the most trusted one.

We are normal people but you'll never know how a newbie can do such. Leaving their keys on their laptops and available on their desktop interface with a note on it as their "private key".

You'll never believe what a newbie can do because I've been there and done that.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
..FAST DEPOSITS .........
..AND WITHDRAWALS..
    ▄▄████████▄▄                        ▄██████▄
  ▄███████▀██████▄                    ▄██████████▄
 ██████ ▀▀ ▄ █████       ██          ▄████████████▄
████████  ▄▀▄ ▀██▀      ▄███       ▄███          ███▄
███████▄  ▀▀▀ ▄██      ▄█████▄    ████████    ███████
███████  ██▀  ▄██     ████████▄   ███▀ ▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▀██
█████▄▄  ▀▀▄   ██▄    ▀▀█████▀▀   █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
 ██████ █ ▄ ▄█████    ▀▄▄▀▀▀▄▄▀   ████████    ██████▀
  ▀███████████████     ▀█████      ▀██████▄▄▄▄████▀▀
    ▀▀█████████▀         ███         ▀▀████████▀▀
..WHEEL OF..
..FORTUNE...
.WELCOME OFFER .
......200% + 50FS.....
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀██████
████████████▀▀▀    ██████
███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
████▄     ▄█▀     ███████
███████▄ █▀      ████████
████████▌▐       ████████
█████████ ▄██▄  █████████
███████████████▄█████████
▀███████████████████████▀

.PLAY NOW.
[/ta
theferry109

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2024, 01:17:54 AM

I would suggest you always use a vpn. This way you can also stay private and anonymous. On top of that as you mentioned I would also recommend a good anti-virus software.
bitterguy28

Activity: 2044
Merit: 181

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2024, 10:29:15 AM

I would suggest you always use a vpn. This way you can also stay private and anonymous. On top of that as you mentioned I would also recommend a good anti-virus software.
good idea , yeah using VPN will at least save us from being victims of those abusers and bad people in internet . but about anti virus?  not sure if we are just that safe with all the hackers way nowadays.

this is why when saving a private key , i add some characters in the front and the back at least each have 5 letters and numbers combined  so the hackers might find it hard to check what is the combination .

bullkk

Activity: 28
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 12, 2024, 11:34:17 PM

Of course, public networks are fraught with the danger of personal information leakage, but everything is not as scary as it seems.
rodskee

Activity: 2408
Merit: 202

View Profile
June 13, 2024, 07:56:36 AM

Of course, public networks are fraught with the danger of personal information leakage, but everything is not as scary as it seems.
that is if you have no much  funds or connection to your mobile and gadgets.

It has been told many times here and actually there are threads created for time now about
not to use Free Wifi because possibilities that your accounts and gadgets to be compromised
because that has been proven over the years ,but not for me as I have back up phones to enjoy
free wife but just to browse and watch movies and sometimes to play games , but never
that I use my Personal mobile in connecting to this free wife because I Know I can be
hacked or scammed .

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: