Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 11:59:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: a true defi based crypto payment gateway  (Read 62 times)
jacinex397 (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 07, 2024, 05:17:01 PM

Hey everyone! I just came across a new project that I thought I'd share with someone. It's being touted as a "true DeFi-based cryptocurrency payment gateway". Huh Roll Eyes
The project promises to revolutionize how we handle crypto transactions by providing a fully decentralized payment solution. This could be a game-changer for both merchants and consumers looking for a more secure and efficient way to transact using cryptocurrencies. Huh
I'm really curious about what anybody thinks about this. Do you believe this project can deliver on its promises? How do you usually test or verify if a DeFi project is truly decentralized and effective?
Also, are there any other projects or competitors out there with a similar concept? I'd love to hear your thoughts and any comparisons you might have.
jacafbiz

Activity: 2114
Merit: 530

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
June 07, 2024, 05:55:06 PM

Hey everyone! I just came across a new project that I thought I'd share with someone. It's being touted as a "true DeFi-based cryptocurrency payment gateway". Huh Roll Eyes
The project promises to revolutionize how we handle crypto transactions by providing a fully decentralized payment solution. This could be a game-changer for both merchants and consumers looking for a more secure and efficient way to transact using cryptocurrencies. Huh
I'm really curious about what anybody thinks about this. Do you believe this project can deliver on its promises? How do you usually test or verify if a DeFi project is truly decentralized and effective?
Also, are there any other projects or competitors out there with a similar concept? I'd love to hear your thoughts and any comparisons you might have.

You find a project and you can't even share the name or link to the websites and social media site. This is just a payment network from what you describe and I doubt this is going to change anything, most of the payment network in the space can't stand alone they still rely  on the traditional big names like Mastercard and Visa for their operations to be robust. I will you well but I doubt this is for me

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3290
Merit: 3021

BTC price road to $80k

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2024, 06:44:28 PM

I never heard that there is a DeFi-based cryptocurrency payment gateway why not tell us the any of defi project that you know have this feature?

For me, I don't we need this as we already have a crypto payment gateway that is open-source, free, and decentralized so why would I need to use their defi project if sample using BTCpayserver as a payment gateway it is decentralized and all of the invoices are generated from your own wallet that you fully control and it does not have 3rd party unlike you said defi based payment gateway I think it still needs to bridge meaning it will still use a middleman or a 3rd party unlike when you use BTCpayserver.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 3010
Merit: 600

View Profile
June 07, 2024, 10:24:06 PM

I was expecting that you'd mention the name of the project because that's what most of the newbies are doing. They are coming to the forum to shill their project and will go like how you did it.

On a general opinion, most of these projects that have a grandstanding introduce aren't likely to deliver their promises. They're all doing the launching on the bull run because they know that this is a cyclical market and their success rate is higher than the other seasons of the market. I'm speaking in general about the situation of the market and when they're releasing it. So, any kind of project that have these descriptions about themselves, might caught some investor. But yeah, a defi payment gateway? how's that? we've got already a lot of payment solutions here and there.
Reatim

Activity: 2870
Merit: 363

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
June 07, 2024, 10:30:21 PM

I'm really curious about what anybody thinks about this.
Thinks about what, mate? Please tell us the name of the project so we can look for the details ourselves. We can’t simply deduce whether a project is no good considering its concept alone.
Do you believe this project can deliver on its promises? How do you usually test or verify if a DeFi project is truly decentralized and effective?
There’s only one way to find out and that is by using it.
I’m gonna be honest to me this seems like a very basic concept and not at all unique. I’m pretty sure there’s lots of projects who promised this but maybe they didn’t succeed.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
Ben Barubal

Activity: 532
Merit: 17

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
June 07, 2024, 11:00:26 PM

What is the name of the new crypto project you are talking about, OP? Why didn't you even mention it in your post here? Do you hesitate to say this in this section? It's true that there are many other cryptocurrencies that were before that, and others have been doing that concept for years, like SHIB, which had that kind of development implemented in Taiwan before, if I'm not mistaken.

Then also with other cryptos like XMR, Ethereum, and others, so that kind of gimmick that a cryptocurrency does in the business industry that we live in is actually not new.

ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org     ElonCoin.org     ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org
●          Mars, here we come!          ●
██ ████ ███ ██ ████ ███ ██   Join Discord   ██ ███ ████ ██ ███ ████ ██
jacinex397 (OP)

View Profile
June 16, 2024, 09:40:10 PM

I never heard that there is a DeFi-based cryptocurrency payment gateway why not tell us the any of defi project that you know have this feature?

For me, I don't we need this as we already have a crypto payment gateway that is open-source, free, and decentralized so why would I need to use their defi project if sample using BTCpayserver as a payment gateway it is decentralized and all of the invoices are generated from your own wallet that you fully control and it does not have 3rd party unlike you said defi based payment gateway I think it still needs to bridge meaning it will still use a middleman or a 3rd party unlike when you use BTCpayserver.

Sorry, I thought I mentioned the project, my bad. It's name is Paymento (paymento.io), I found them on LinkedIn. I don't know if they're open-source but yeah it says that it does the way you described here. I think Paymento has a Buy Now Pay Later feature? either that or they're working on it for the future. here's the post on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/posts/paymento_paymento-cryptobnpl-innovationinfinance-activity-7202320584066691072-3kZV?utm_source=li_share&utm_content=feedcontent&utm_medium=g_dt_web&utm_campaign=copy

I've done some research in the meantime, and apparently crypto payment gateways are custodial. I'm looking for a non-custodial options and wanted to know if even it is possible or not (I'm not very into the technicality of crypto, I just HODLed some in the recent years and now I want to integrate some gateways with my website, so I'm asking around)
jacinex397 (OP)

View Profile
June 16, 2024, 09:47:40 PM

Thinks about what, mate? Please tell us the name of the project so we can look for the details ourselves. We can’t simply deduce whether a project is no good considering its concept alone.

Yeah sorry I thought I named it in the original post. It's Paymento (paymento.io is their website)

I’m gonna be honest to me this seems like a very basic concept and not at all unique. I’m pretty sure there’s lots of projects who promised this but maybe they didn’t succeed.

their unique thing is the BNPL feature that they're focused on. There's a lot of payment gateways and plugins but this feature is in non of them. I'll probably use it but I'm not sure about the BNPL thing right now. it seem a bit too real to believe for me. What about the volatility of the market? :/
I'll be honest, my readings are a bit not enough about this project and subject, so I'll be looking into it in near future
jacinex397 (OP)

View Profile
June 16, 2024, 09:56:33 PM

What is the name of the new crypto project you are talking about, OP? Why didn't you even mention it in your post here? Do you hesitate to say this in this section? It's true that there are many other cryptocurrencies that were before that, and others have been doing that concept for years, like SHIB, which had that kind of development implemented in Taiwan before, if I'm not mistaken.

Then also with other cryptos like XMR, Ethereum, and others, so that kind of gimmick that a cryptocurrency does in the business industry that we live in is actually not new.

Sorry, I thought I mentioned it. here's the website (paymento.io).
yeah I was looking for payment gateways and I'm not sure if these projects provided that in the sense I'm looking for (like an actual plugin for websites) but it seems that it's not a new idea. I have to wait for their developments to see where are they heading, right?
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3290
Merit: 3021

BTC price road to $80k

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2024, 10:20:21 PM

Sorry, I thought I mentioned the project, my bad. It's name is Paymento (paymento.io), I found them on LinkedIn. I don't know if they're open-source but yeah it says that it does the way you described here. I think Paymento has a Buy Now Pay Later feature? either that or they're working on it for the future. here's the post on
LinkedIn: ~link snip~

I've done some research in the meantime, and apparently crypto payment gateways are custodial. I'm looking for a non-custodial options and wanted to know if even it is possible or not (I'm not very into the technicality of crypto, I just HODLed some in the recent years and now I want to integrate some gateways with my website, so I'm asking around)

After I checked on their documentation no, they don't have any open-source code. About the feature buy now and pay later feature you can also apply it in other crypto payment gateways as likely the same as subscriptions or if you are using woocommerce you can add this feature buy now pay later.

There's a list of hosted, non-hosted, custodian, and non-custodial payment gateway you can't find it easily on Google but if you search them here on the forum you should be able to find them.
Anyway, here's the list of payment gateway below.

- https://github.com/alexk111/awesome-bitcoin-payment-processors

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀