Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 06:27:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why I Cannot buy these Altcoins off Binance?  (Read 91 times)
dim_mak5 (OP)

Activity: 51
Merit: 3

View Profile
June 17, 2024, 01:39:38 PM

I am from UK

These 2 coins I like to buy:

https://www.coingecko.com/en/coins/notcoin

https://www.coingecko.com/en/coins/book-of-meme

Whenever I go to these markets I get error 404 page cannot be found error message. However there's other altcoins on binance that I can buy with no probs. So why I cant buy the above 2 coins?

Is it because I am from UK and thus limited markets for UK users? If so I need a VPN to buy?
moneystery

Activity: 742
Merit: 168

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2024, 01:51:12 PM

as far as i know binance operations in the uk have been restricted and traders can no longer use their platform, you can check the binance uk website and it is clear. so you will probably need to use a vpn to trade on binance and that should not be a problem.

OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3528
Merit: 6178

View Profile
June 17, 2024, 01:57:39 PM
Merited by Apocollapse (1)

I believe Binance stopped accepting UK users at some point, so... that might be related for sure.

A VPN is obviously not going to help in any way because the exchange require KYC. They don't need to check your IP.

I would try and find another exchange or ask someone to buy them for you and send you the funds to your personal wallet.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Apocollapse

Activity: 1022
Merit: 764

View Profile
June 17, 2024, 02:40:02 PM

What OmegaStarScream said is correct.

q.   access, use, or attempted to access or use, Binance Services directly or indirectly with (1) jurisdictions Binance has deemed high risk, including but not limited to, Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Syria, Crimea region or (2) persons Binance has deemed high risk, including but not limited to, individuals or entities named as a restricted person or party on any list maintained by the United States of America., United Kingdom, European Union or United Nations, including the sanctions lists maintained by the U.S. Office of Foreign Assets Control or the Denied Persons List or Entity List maintained by the U.S. Department of Commerce.

20.5.   Access to Binance Services in other jurisdictions. Residents of some countries may only be able to access some, but not all, Binance Services. We may change the Binance Services that are available to you from time to time. If you travel to a location included on our List of Prohibited Countries, Binance Services may not be available and your access to the Binance Services may be blocked. You acknowledge that this may impact your ability to trade on the Platform and/or monitor any existing orders or open positions or otherwise use the Binance Services. You must not attempt in any way to circumvent any such restriction, including by use of any virtual private network to modify your internet protocol address.

You might able to buy those two tokens using VPN, but do you want to take risk all of your coins confiscated by Binance and you no longer able to use the site?

I'm not sure which other centralized exchange that allow United Kingdom, Bybit seems to be second reputable to Binance, MEXC seems to be the softest CEX when it comes to regulations.

dim_mak5 (OP)

View Profile
June 17, 2024, 02:41:39 PM

as far as i know binance operations in the uk have been restricted and traders can no longer use their platform, you can check the binance uk website and it is clear. so you will probably need to use a vpn to trade on binance and that should not be a problem.

So I cannot even buy Bitcoin off binance?

Which countries does Binance allow users are based from to trade?

Any alternatives to Binance for UK users? I ask because Binance is so popular and has the most liquidity for new altcoins you know what I mean. Which other exchanges that has the same 'New' altcoin listings like Binance has but for UK users to buy/sell?
dim_mak5 (OP)

View Profile
June 17, 2024, 02:45:19 PM

I believe Binance stopped accepting UK users at some point, so... that might be related for sure.

A VPN is obviously not going to help in any way because the exchange require KYC. They don't need to check your IP.

I would try and find another exchange or ask someone to buy them for you and send you the funds to your personal wallet.

We had this Prime Minister in UK called Rishi Sunak who claims to be Crypto friendly so Binance barred UK? When do you think Binance will resume UK users to use its services or this is permanent stoppage forever?

Asking someone to buy for me sounds kinda risky right?
dim_mak5 (OP)

View Profile
June 17, 2024, 02:51:02 PM

What OmegaStarScream said is correct.

q.   access, use, or attempted to access or use, Binance Services directly or indirectly with (1) jurisdictions Binance has deemed high risk, including but not limited to, Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Syria, Crimea region or (2) persons Binance has deemed high risk, including but not limited to, individuals or entities named as a restricted person or party on any list maintained by the United States of America., United Kingdom, European Union or United Nations, including the sanctions lists maintained by the U.S. Office of Foreign Assets Control or the Denied Persons List or Entity List maintained by the U.S. Department of Commerce.

20.5.   Access to Binance Services in other jurisdictions. Residents of some countries may only be able to access some, but not all, Binance Services. We may change the Binance Services that are available to you from time to time. If you travel to a location included on our List of Prohibited Countries, Binance Services may not be available and your access to the Binance Services may be blocked. You acknowledge that this may impact your ability to trade on the Platform and/or monitor any existing orders or open positions or otherwise use the Binance Services. You must not attempt in any way to circumvent any such restriction, including by use of any virtual private network to modify your internet protocol address.

You might able to buy those two tokens using VPN, but do you want to take risk all of your coins confiscated by Binance and you no longer able to use the site?

I'm not sure which other centralized exchange that allow United Kingdom, Bybit seems to be second reputable to Binance, MEXC seems to be the softest CEX when it comes to regulations.

Using a VPN risk getting your account frozen at binance? How Binance know you using VPN? What about OKX exchange, what you think of them, open to UK customers?

So as a UK customer I am no longer able to buy/sell on Binance? I can still withdraw right?

Why did Binance got me to fill in all those risk assessment forms yesterday stating that they are required to do this by UK regulations for all UK customers because I am from UK then at the end of all that tell me to f*** off because I am from the UK Huh
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3528
Merit: 6178

View Profile
June 17, 2024, 02:56:28 PM

We had this Prime Minister in UK called Rishi Sunak who claims to be Crypto friendly so Binance barred UK? When do you think Binance will resume UK users to use its services or this is permanent stoppage forever?

Asking someone to buy for me sounds kinda risky right?

Asking someone you don't know is definitely risky, yes but maybe someone you can trust who lives outside the UK and have an account in Binance?

I'm not very familiar with the current situation in the UK, but there were some new rules and regulations that were introduced at the start of the current year, and multiple exchanges[1][2] had to leave because of them. So I would imagine they'll have to first comply with these rules, or wait until new (crypto friendly) rules are introduced.

For OKX, I believe they managed to comply with the new rules before the deadline. And you can find more informations here[3][4].

[1] https://www.reuters.com/technology/crypto-exchange-binance-stop-accepting-new-users-uk-2023-10-16/
[2] https://www.coindesk.com/policy/2023/10/04/why-some-crypto-firms-are-suspending-services-in-the-uk/
[3] https://www.okx.com/learn/new-fca-rules
[4] https://www.financemagnates.com/cryptocurrency/okx-achieves-compliance-just-days-before-uk-crypto-rule-deadline/

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Findingnemo

Activity: 2380
Merit: 795

Bitcoin = Financial freedom

View Profile
June 17, 2024, 03:35:18 PM

For OKX, I believe they managed to comply with the new rules before the deadline. And you can find more informations here

If I am not wrong there are reputed exchanges that allow UK customers too like Kraken, and Kucoin where the coin OP is looking to buy is available, and if he wants to buy BTC then Coinbase and etoro are available too.

12 Best Crypto Exchanges UK in 2024

Binance is still trying to comply and is expecting to launch a dedicated platform for UK customers, similar to Binance.US, but for now, they have failed to comply with the new regulations.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
View ArchiveReport to moderator
dim_mak5 (OP)

View Profile
June 17, 2024, 10:04:58 PM

For OKX, I believe they managed to comply with the new rules before the deadline. And you can find more informations here

If I am not wrong there are reputed exchanges that allow UK customers too like Kraken, and Kucoin where the coin OP is looking to buy is available, and if he wants to buy BTC then Coinbase and etoro are available too.

12 Best Crypto Exchanges UK in 2024

Binance is still trying to comply and is expecting to launch a dedicated platform for UK customers, similar to Binance.US, but for now, they have failed to comply with the new regulations.

The new UK regulation is to get UK users to fill a risk assessment forms and take a risk assessment test in which I already did and passed on Binance so if Binance did not comply with these new regs then how did binance get me to fill in these forms then  Huh
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3304
Merit: 3032

BTC price road to $80k

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2024, 12:03:47 AM

The new UK regulation is to get UK users to fill a risk assessment forms and take a risk assessment test in which I already did and passed on Binance so if Binance did not comply with these new regs then how did binance get me to fill in these forms then  Huh

Well, maybe your issue is just a browser-related issue have you tried to access it with different browsers and devices?
If not try it first but if it doesn't still work instead of using a VPN(VPN is not safe) to bypass some blocked things from the internet you can change your device's DNS to Cloudflare DNS and try to buy these coins again update here if it didn't work.

And since you already have access to Coingecko have you checked the list of exchanges under that coins?

If you can buy other crypto on Binance why not buy USDT and withdraw it from Binance to non-custodial wallets and buy Notcoin or Bookofmeme from DEX those exchanges don't require KYC.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
dim_mak5 (OP)

View Profile
June 18, 2024, 12:09:31 PM

The new UK regulation is to get UK users to fill a risk assessment forms and take a risk assessment test in which I already did and passed on Binance so if Binance did not comply with these new regs then how did binance get me to fill in these forms then  Huh

Well, maybe your issue is just a browser-related issue have you tried to access it with different browsers and devices?
If not try it first but if it doesn't still work instead of using a VPN(VPN is not safe) to bypass some blocked things from the internet you can change your device's DNS to Cloudflare DNS and try to buy these coins again update here if it didn't work.

And since you already have access to Coingecko have you checked the list of exchanges under that coins?

If you can buy other crypto on Binance why not buy USDT and withdraw it from Binance to non-custodial wallets and buy Notcoin or Bookofmeme from DEX those exchanges don't require KYC.

Can I rule out browser issue if I can access other altcoin trading pairs on binance but not these 2 coins I mentioned?

The DNS trick is separate to the VPN or VPN must be on while changing DNS also?

Yes I see the other exchanges that list the same coins but its the hassle of registering with them and completing KYC with them otherwise if I deposit cash into these new exchanges that I signed up for then there's a risk of these exchanges freezing my account. Also these exchanges I see on CoinGecko I never heard of them before and it doesn't say on CoinGecko whether they will accept UK customers? Or please kindly share who is the biggest most popular exchanges that have the most trading pairs & listings for UK customers?

Which non-custodial wallet you recommend because I have lost nearly $1000 in a non-custodial wallet in the past because I withdraw from exchange to my own wallet. How this happened? I withdrew an crypto altcoin from exchange to my own wallet that I planned to Hodl for the next bull market, it sat in my wallet safe, I wasn't hacked or anything. Then when the bull market came the altcoin dropped to $0 because there was 1:1 swap for a newer version of the coin that had to be swapped by a certain deadline otherwise if you don't swap the coin the old version becomes worthless. I missed this. By hodling it in my own wallet, my own wallet didn't notify me of this upcoming swap or deadline so basically I was hodling a worthless coin in my own wallet that I didn't knew about. Had I left this coin on a exchange like Binance then Binance would have notified me by email of this upcoming swap or Binance would do the swap for me automatically because I have no time to manually check the latest news of a altcoin that I bought via google search everyday. This risk does not happen with bitcoin because with bitcoin you can sleep at nigh easily but with altcoins you need to be constantly updated on the latest news to avoid losing money this way. From this which multi-crypto non-custodial wallet do you recommend that keeps the wallet owner updated on the latest news & notifications within the wallet app of the altcoins that are in that wallet?

It is only worth Hodling Bitcoin in your own wallet. Other altcoins best held on exchanges not in your own wallet. Even with for example Ethereum, when Eth moved to POS from POW there could have been a coin swap by a certain deadline for the newer POS coins. If for example I kept $1million worth of Ethereum on my own hardware wallet, my hardware wallet didn't notify me of this swap for a newer version then I would have lost $1 Million Shocked So from this I ask again which multi crypto hardware wallet or software wallet notifies the wallet owner via its app of upcoming altcoin changes or swaps and which wallets that you control automatically does the swap for you

With DEXs, the fees are higher right because they have lower liquidity?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: