Bitcoin Forum
July 06, 2024, 03:17:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: We all know the rules  (Read 500 times)
Coyster
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1275

Life's but a walking shadow!

View Profile
June 25, 2024, 01:23:28 PM

Why some of una no want make non-Nigerians understand wetin una dey talk for this local board, this place isn't a secret cult, and anything you post on the internet is already public, and can be interpreted in one way or another by persons who don't even understand your language. You fit easily understand wetin users dey talk for their own local board if you use translation tools. That being said, translation tools have not added pidgin yet, but who knows, some people can find ways to still understand it through their African friends or some other means. Thus my message here is that anything you want to keep a scecret should be said only in PM's or in direct messages to the person on Telegram or Whatsapp, if you have their phone numbers.

The accepted languages na Pidgin and English, me i dey use the two of dem, i dey even mix the two of them for one post, i no get wahala with am, neither do i have a problem with people who want to communicate only in English Language.
Princess Leah

Activity: 109
Merit: 27

View Profile
July 01, 2024, 06:17:18 PM

Mr Igebotz I no sure if I understand your English as no be pigin you take post am. But the thing be say make we no hide from the truth.
Background matters
I support your statement Mr Igebotz, not everyone is able to write in Pidgin some people understand perfectly but writing becomes a big issue for them and @Sexylizzy2813, you can't expect them to skip the Naija local board when posting cause they can't write in Pidgin, you should've put that into consideration and that's what Mr Igebotz is trying to say.

For instance I have a younger one that finds it very difficult to communicate in Pidgin talk more of writing with it, in my family he's the only one that finds it very difficult due to his educational background and he grew up that way, imagine if he was in this forum and Pidgin was the only means of communication in our Local Board, how do you expect him to cope.

This is a general forum, and I believe the moderators have taken their time to put lots of things in general into consideration before stating that both English and Pidgin should be our official language for communicate, those who could communicate with any should use it and it shouldn't call for confusion or much arguments.
DubemIfedigbo001

Activity: 350
Merit: 262

Let love lead

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2024, 10:01:22 AM

I get your point because Obari was acting like a dictator there, but there are better ways to make your point obvious without pointing fingers to anybody. Of course, you could reference his topic as an example of your subject matter, but consistently calling out Obari in your thread is no better than the social media dragging we see every day which results from misunderstandings between two celebrities or activists.

You sound as though you're beefing Obari and not correcting him and I'll advice you mince your words and handle such matters in a less personal way next time. I know this might not be your intent, but that is clearly its significance.

I do not have any problem with English nor pidgin as I understand and speak both perfectly, Obari must have been advocating for more use of pidgin English which is not bad, although he might have gone extreme with his advocacy, but creating a thread just to call out Obari makes no sense honestly.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBITCRYPTO
FUTURES
[
1,000x