Bitcoin Forum
August 02, 2024, 04:21:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will ICO's make a comeback?  (Read 180 times)
royalfestus

Activity: 2436
Merit: 516

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
June 21, 2024, 10:15:51 PM

I miss the excitement of ICOs; I long for their return. However, it seems unlikely that they will make a comeback because the market is now dominated by early investors who still have substantial funds. While the cryptocurrency market does need regulation, especially after the dramatic collapse of many ICOs, the market surge during that time was thrilling and money was more evenly distributed. Unfortunately, the subsequent bear market was so severe that almost 70% of the projects never recovered.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
KryptoKash (OP)

Activity: 518
Merit: 275

If you fail...just dont fail again

View Profile
July 22, 2024, 07:48:20 PM

Hard no.  Has anyone learned from the 2017 market.  It just brings in the scammiest of the scammy people.  Why would anyone inntueor right mind want to buy coins from some sketchy project.  Nobody seems to learn from history.  Back in the day when there wasn't tokens any coin that released with a premise was absolutely hammered.  ICOs shoukd be the same.
Thats true, not ICOs like in 2017, a lot of $ was made, but a lot was burned  Angry

What do you guys think? Im thinking theyll come back strong in 2025.  Cool

Have you ever done any small research before? ICO has not died, and many projects continue to use it to raise funds, but they are going through different approaches. It's totally wrong if you call them dead. 

Well, I'll show you the proof in the picture below.

Source: Cryptorank

ICOs will not return because they are not dead yet, but they have evolved into various categories, and majority of projects are not raising funds on their own, they are now using secondary services to raise funds like centralized exchange launchpad/ decentralized exchange launchpad. And last, only fewer projects decided to raise the funds through their own mechanism like selling node. 

FYI, the retail investors do like to participate in the ICO through the secondary party, which can ensure that retail investors invested in a legitimate project.

Very true, I just did some research and found lots, thats good. Have you participated an any recently? Did you experience any significant gains recently from joining an ICO?

KryptoKash (OP)

Activity: 518
Merit: 275

If you fail...just dont fail again

View Profile
July 22, 2024, 07:49:53 PM

I miss the excitement of ICOs; I long for their return. However, it seems unlikely that they will make a comeback because the market is now dominated by early investors who still have substantial funds. While the cryptocurrency market does need regulation, especially after the dramatic collapse of many ICOs, the market surge during that time was thrilling and money was more evenly distributed. Unfortunately, the subsequent bear market was so severe that almost 70% of the projects never recovered.

I'm working on something to help bring some of them back, but I agree with a lot people say on here, it can't and shouldn't be exactly the same as before. Im a fan of launchpads.

goldkingcoiner
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1867

Verified Bitcoin Hodler

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2024, 05:05:00 PM

What do you guys think? Im thinking theyll come back strong in 2025.  Cool

They never left. But unlike when they started as a new thing, now the scammers are getting de-platformed. And more people can tell the difference between a scam and a real project, so the scammers don't really bother anymore.

So instead of 1000 scam ICO projects we have a few real ones. Although I admit the scammers did inflate the hype back then.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
d3nz

Activity: 1372
Merit: 264

View Profile
July 23, 2024, 06:21:32 PM

What do you guys think? Im thinking theyll come back strong in 2025.  Cool

They never left. But unlike when they started as a new thing, now the scammers are getting de-platformed. And more people can tell the difference between a scam and a real project, so the scammers don't really bother anymore.

So instead of 1000 scam ICO projects we have a few real ones. Although I admit the scammers did inflate the hype back then.

I agree, and most of the ICOs are just scams and just to gain money from investors then they will do an exit scam. And I think that they switch to an airdrop scheme and " pay more to gain more airdrop" and to bait people into gaining more tokens but apparently they are just getting scammed and developers are gaining money.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: