Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 12:23:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Off-topic Islamic Quiz - Winner LoupGaroux !! :)  (Read 1800 times)
senbonzakura (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 19, 2011, 10:15:09 AM
Last edit: December 22, 2011, 11:26:51 PM by senbonzakura

Off-topic Islamic Quiz

Winner can choose 1 of the following prizes :-

* each correct answer = 1 point, person with most points wins, in case of a tie, there will be a draw, you can research/use google, but no links, just post the correct answer for each question. A1__xx__ , A2 __xxx___ etc... *minimum 5 participants, quiz ends in 12 hours (after 5 participants post their answers),correct answers given at the end of quiz, senbon decision final.

Q1

The Lost City of Iram is mentioned in which holy scripture and in which old excavated city (4300 years old) records?

A1: -The Quran,  Ebla

Q2

According to Islam, is Lucifer/Satan an angel ? (answer yes or no)

A2:- No

Q3

An Islamic 1 Silver Dirham coin weighs how much ?

A3:-  2.975 grams or 3.0 grams (both correct)

Q4

what is the name of the person who was the first to use catgut sutures which is still used in modern surgery & invented many surgical tools used today  ?

A4:- Abu al-Qasim Khalaf ibn al-Abbas Al-Zahrawi.
....... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZDe9DCx7Wk - 7:40 ....... http://www.cmaj.ca/content/176/10/1467.full ......."His use of catgut for internal stitching is still practised in modern surgery. The catgut appears to be the only natural substance capable of dissolving and is acceptable by the body. Abū al-Qāsim also invented the forceps for extracting a dead fetus, as illustrated in the Al-Tasrif.[6]"

Q5

Who founded the world's first University ? ( which is also the oldest university in the world )

A5:- Fatima al-Fihri

Q6

The singular form for 'day' in arabic is Yawm , how many times is Yawm mentiioned in the Quran ?

A6:- 365

Q7

What is the name of the famous french oceanographer who studied & researched water barriers/barriers separating the seas, which was mentioned in the Quran 1400 years ago ? He has let free the two seas meeting together. (55:19) Between them there is a barrier which they do not transgress. (55:20) He is the One who has set free the two seas; one is sweet and palatable, and the other is salty and bitter. And He made a barrier between them, a partition that is forbidden to be passed. (25:53)
[[ (hint: Modern Science has discovered that in the places where two different seas meet, there is a barrier between them. This barrier divides the two seas so that each sea has its own temperature, salinity, and density.
(Principles of Oceanography - Davis, pp. 92-93)
]]

A7:- Jacques Cousteau

Q8

Algebra comes from which famous islamic scholar/mathematician ? ( give name of scholar)

A8:- Abū ʿAbdallāh Muḥammad ibn Mūsā al-Khwārizmī

Q9

Who discovered kerosene ? (distill petroleum )

A9:- Muhammad ibn Zakariyā Rāzī

Q10

According to Islam God blamed who for eating the fruit from the tree ? [ A) Adam B) EVE C) Both ]

A:- C) Both

Q11

According to Islam , angels are made from light, demons/djinn are made from what?

A11:- Fire

Q12

Who was the first to isolate acetic acid from vinegar ?

A12:- Abu Mūsā Jābir ibn Hayyān

Q13

In which country was coffee beans were first roasted and brewed?

A13:- Yemen

Q14

In Islam, when can you eat pork ? (i.e what are the conditions [to be followed] for pork to be eaten in islam

A14:-  a) if starving and can only find pork to eat b) unknowingly/by mistake (posting 1 or both is correct you get 1 point )

Q15

Harut and Marut in (islam/quran) are two ...a)angels b) demons/djinn c) humans ?

A15:- A) angels

Q16

"The Byzantines have been defeated" 30:2 , "In the lowest part of the earth. But they, after their defeat, will overcome." 30:3
فِي أَدْنَى الْأَرْضِ وَهُم مِّن بَعْدِ غَلَبِهِمْ سَيَغْلِبُونَ   "In the lowest land, and they, after their defeat....." google translation

What does the "lowest part of earth OR Lowest Land" mean here , what does it signify ?

A16:- Dead Sea or Lowest elevation

End of Questions
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To make it more challenging , dont google on the easy questions Smiley enjoy and good luck

===========================================================================

Rejinx 14 points

LoupGaroux 15 points   -- 1

grue 15 points -- 2

NothinG 15 points -- 3

The Script 15 points -- 4

random generator used , and the winner is number 1 LoupGaroux ! Congratulations  Grin

=============================================================================

The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Rejinx

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 19, 2011, 06:06:09 PM
Last edit: December 19, 2011, 07:21:09 PM by Rejinx

Q1. The Quran,  Ebla
Q2. No
Q3. 2.97 grams
Q4. Galen
Q5. University of Al-Karaouine or Al-Qarawiyyin
Q6. 365
Q7. Jacques Cousteau
Q8. Muḥammad ibn Mūsā al-Khwārizmī
Q9. Muhammad ibn Zakariya al-Razi
Q10. C.
Q11. fire
Q12. Jābir ibn Hayyān
Q13.  Yemen
Q14. If a believer consumes pork unknowingly or by mistake, there is no sin of him or her.
Q15.  two angels
Q16. the Dead Sea
senbonzakura (OP)

View Profile
December 19, 2011, 07:09:55 PM

thanks rejinx Smiley

teflone fix your answer !
LoupGaroux

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 19, 2011, 08:33:08 PM

Q1. From the Qur'an, Ebla
Q2. No
Q3. Currently under dispute, either 3 grams or 2.975 grams, depending on which origin is used.
Q4. Galen of Pergamon (Aelius Galenus or Claudius Galenus)
Q5. University of Al-Karaouine or Al-Qarawiyyin oringinally founded as a mosque by Fatima al-Fihria
Q6. 365
Q7. Jacques Cousteau
Q8. Muḥammad ibn Mūsā al-Khwārizmī was considered such by Renaissance Europe, although he who was influenced by the teaching of Diophantus (considered the Father of Algebra)
Q9. Muhammad ibn Zakariya al-Razi first wrote about it, first distilled by Abraham Gesner
Q10. C. Both
Q11. Fire
Q12. Jabir Ibn Hayyan
Q13. Yemen
Q14. If a Believer unknowingly or in error, without intention, consumes pork, there is no sin in the act.
Q15. Two Angels from the second Surah of the Qur'an,
Q16. The Dead Sea
senbonzakura (OP)

View Profile
December 19, 2011, 09:38:00 PM

@loupgaroux

thanks for your answers

good luck Smiley
grue
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431

View Profile
December 20, 2011, 12:49:12 AM

random guess :p
Q2. No
Q3. Currently under dispute, either 3 grams or 2.975 grams, depending on which origin is used.
Q5. University of Al-Karaouine or Al-Qarawiyyin oringinally founded as a mosque by Fatima al-Fihria
Q6. 365
Q7. Jacques Cousteau
Q8. Muḥammad ibn Mūsā al-Khwārizmī was considered such by Renaissance Europe, although he who was influenced by the teaching of Diophantus (considered the Father of Algebra)
Q9. Muhammad ibn Zakariya al-Razi first wrote about it, first distilled by Abraham Gesner
Q10. C. Both
Q11. Fire
Q12. Jabir Ibn Hayyan
Q13. Yemen
Q14. If a Believer unknowingly or in error, without intention, consumes pork, there is no sin in the act.
Q16. The Dead Sea

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Adblock for annoying signature ads | Enhanced Merit UI
senbonzakura (OP)

View Profile
December 20, 2011, 11:44:39 AM

just 2 more , enter now quick !

thanks grue for your answer

advice :- copying other people's answer , you have to be careful with that  Wink
NothinG

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 20, 2011, 11:46:52 AM

Q2. No
Q6. 365
Q7. Jacques Cousteau
Q10. C. Both
Q11. Fire
Q12. Jabir Ibn Hayyan
Q13. Yemen
Q16. The Dead Sea

I'm not sure if I'm doing this right.

[Edit]: Just read the post above me's edit. Taking out my entry. Grin

senbonzakura (OP)

View Profile
December 20, 2011, 12:03:02 PM

I mean you can copy

its just that their answers may be right or wrong

dont follow the crowd but if you copy answers I have no problem

senbonzakura (OP)

View Profile
December 20, 2011, 04:10:20 PM

2 more enter now !
LoupGaroux

View Profile
December 20, 2011, 07:56:32 PM

Oh, go ahead and leave the copied entries... chances are we will all be right. Senbon will be able to see who gave the answers first, and you will be able to bask in gaining knowledge without even trying. Cribbing from a Certified Genius(TM) is a perfectly acceptable way to get an education.

As a tie breaker- let's have an essay question... Senbon should pick one of the answers and have the contestants provide a defense of why the answer is correct, citing historical references. Or make them distill kerosene.
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2011, 08:05:46 PM

Reading this makes me think "Oh how the mighty have fallen"  Tongue it's like conservative religious extremism ruins everything, or something.
senbonzakura (OP)

View Profile
December 20, 2011, 08:38:54 PM

"As a tie breaker- let's have an essay question... "

* each correct answer = 1 point, person with most points wins, in case of a tie, there will be a draw

I will try to make the next quiz/competition harder
senbonzakura (OP)

View Profile
December 21, 2011, 12:50:50 PM

1 more join now
The Script

Activity: 336

View Profile
December 22, 2011, 10:07:51 AM

1. The Quran talks about the Lost city of Iram and the Syrian city of Ebla has records of business done with Iram.

2. No.

3. The dirham weighs 2.975 grams of silver.

4. Galen of Pergamon

5. The University of  Al-Qarawiyyin was founded in 859 by some chick named  Fatima al-Fihria.  I don't think "Universities" back then were the same concept as Universities today, but this is the answer I think you are looking for. Smiley

6. The word "yawm" is mentioned 365 times in the Quran.  Wow, cool.

7. Jacques Cousteau.

8. Muḥammad ibn Mūsā al-Khwārizmī

9. "Who discovered kerosene" seems like it should be "who invented kerosene" and the answer isAbraham Gesner.  But Rockefeller saved the whales (bonus points for this answer, right?).  Also, you are asking questions about Islam and Gesner wasn't an Arab or even a Muslim as far as I know.  More google searching, stand by.  

Wait a second, now I find that Muhammad ibn Zakariyā Rāzī supposedly was the first to distill kerosene.  That means wikipedia LIED to me?!?!

10.  The Quran supports equal rights for men and women to be blamed for the Fall of mankind, apparently.  Both.

11.  Everyone else said "fire".  I'm not sure what the question was, but I'll go with that.

12.  Wikipedia says  Jabir Ibn Hayyan (Geber), but might be lying to me again.

13.  Yemen

14. You're not allowed to eat pork in Islam.  But there may be exceptions for accidental ingestion.

Check this out: The Quran 2:173 says  He hath only forbidden you dead meat, and blood, and the flesh of swine, and that on which any other name hath been invoked besides that of Allah. But if one is forced by necessity, without wilful disobedience, nor transgressing due limits,- then is he guiltless. For Allah is Oft-forgiving Most Merciful.

So if you are starving and that's all there is to eat, sounds like it's ok.  Or if you don't eat more than a certain amount ("due limits")?

15. Angels

16. Apparently there's some debate on this.  I found some Jews and Christians who dispute the translation and interpretation, blah blah blah Imma say out of that messy argument.  I think the answer you are looking for is "the Dead Sea", which apparently is the lowest point on earth.  I didn't know that before.  The more you know...

That took a lot of work I had to look up almost everything.

Edit:   يمكنني الحصول على نقاط المكافأة اذا كنت ترجمة جوجل كل ما عندي من الأجوبة إلى اللغة العربية؟
senbonzakura (OP)

View Profile
December 22, 2011, 11:40:41 AM

thank you for your entry 'the script', I enjoyed your comments on answers, when writing down the answers myself , some Wikipedia info is not true, so you got to do more research Smiley

we have now 5 participants , the quiz will now end in 12 Hours , so at 11pm 22/12/11 UTC forum time, after 11pm no more entries will be accepted.

Good luck

---------

@ the script

no , you dont get extra points for writing in arabic Smiley (in reply to your question in arabic )

senbonzakura (OP)

View Profile
December 22, 2011, 11:11:08 PM

Correct answer for Q4 is Abu al-Qasim Khalaf ibn al-Abbas Al-Zahrawi
===========================================================================

Rejinx 14 points (you did not answer Fatima on Q5, Q4 Wrong)

LoupGaroux 15 points   -- 1

grue 15 points -- 2                                            15 points = one question wrong Q4

NothinG 15 points -- 3

The Script 15 points -- 4

random generator used , and the winner is number 1 LoupGaroux ! Congratulations  Grin

Please choose your prize A, B or C ? Smiley
=============================================================================
LoupGaroux

View Profile
December 23, 2011, 01:25:09 AM

Well! Thank you very much. Clearly four years listening to the muezzin call the adhān as a child sunk in somewhere in the recesses of my brain.

Thanks for a fun contest.

I select "B". Please use GLBSE ID # 730e75d83043b8ce19832a09ae4a4fea9e709dd748fadbc3c3239d3b966afa70 to transfer the share.
The Script

Activity: 336

View Profile
December 23, 2011, 01:48:49 AM

Congratulations to LoupGaroux and thanks to senbonzakura for the diversion and entertaining contest!  Smiley
senbonzakura (OP)

View Profile
December 23, 2011, 10:25:29 AM

Well! Thank you very much. Clearly four years listening to the muezzin call the adhān as a child sunk in somewhere in the recesses of my brain.

Thanks for a fun contest.

I select "B". Please use GLBSE ID # 730e75d83043b8ce19832a09ae4a4fea9e709dd748fadbc3c3239d3b966afa70 to transfer the share.

transferred Smiley

Congrats

next time dont trust wiki ( for answer Question number 4 Tongue )

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: