Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 01:02:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Raspberry PI + Stickminer : dmesg error report - WARN::dwc_otg_hcd_urb_dequeue..  (Read 46 times)
Nexus9090 (OP)

Activity: 136
Merit: 48

Beam me up Scotty

View Profile
June 22, 2024, 10:15:27 AM
Last edit: June 23, 2024, 09:15:29 AM by Nexus9090

This might help anyone else that is using a Raspberry PI for running a few stick miners, CompacF et'al

Using the stock Raspberry PI 64bit (Bullseye) OS

If you're seeing lots of warnings in dmesg like this :-

Code:
WARN::dwc_otg_hcd_urb_dequeue:639: Timed out waiting for FSM NP transfer to complete on 2

That eventually cripple USB performance, this is due to the 64bit driver not fully supporting FIQ (whatever the hell that is!)

See thread here:-

https://github.com/raspberrypi/firmware/issues/1804

By appending the following to the end of /boot/cmdline.txt command line parameters,

Code:
dwc_otg.fiq_enable=0 dwc_otg.fiq_fsm_enable=0

this disables fiq and after a reboot, no more error messages and no more crippled USB performance.

Hopefully it'll help you out too.

It certainly seems to have fixed the problems I was seeing.

Cheers

G.

Additional:-

This change seems to have removed all the sperious PT_NONONCE resets with the CompacF's I was also seeing with CGMiner

Code:
GSF 0 - plateau_type PT_NONONCE \[0] 7676 > 5113.06 (lock=0)

Stability of the rig using this set-up has improved massively since I made this change, average hash rate has marginally improved also.

So anyone using a Raspberry PI with the 64Bit Stock OS. Take a look at dmesg to see if you're suffering the same issue.

Donations greatfully received : 3MbtxahpbkC1fGhvcWR7Ja38u8cwN9wzY8
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 2604

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
June 26, 2024, 05:42:49 PM

Which Pi?
1, 2, or 3, 3B, 3B+? Orange Pi?

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome!  3NtFuzyWREGoDHWeMczeJzxFZpiLAFJXYr
 -Sole remaining active Primary developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
Nexus9090 (OP)

Activity: 136
Merit: 48

Beam me up Scotty

View Profile
June 26, 2024, 06:23:49 PM

Which Pi?
1, 2, or 3, 3B, 3B+? Orange Pi?

Only Raspberry PI series only when using the stock Raspberry PI 64bit OS, it doesn't seem to happen on the 32bit version of the OS.

I've tested on Raspberry PI 3B, 3B+, 4B and Zero 2W.

Each show the error when using the 64bit OS.

Orange PI is not related to Raspberry. Completely different vendor and OS build and no I've not tested an Orange PI as I dont have one.

I did try a Pine ROCK64, that worked without any issues also.

Donations greatfully received : 3MbtxahpbkC1fGhvcWR7Ja38u8cwN9wzY8
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: