Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 01:29:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help starting out with joinmarket  (Read 64 times)
mayornot (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 23, 2024, 01:05:55 AM

I have no BTC experience at all and I am playing around with joinmarket and trying to understand how to get up and running. I've already downloaded bitcoin-core and have a local node running. I also worked through the joinmarket docs and created a wallet. Everything seems to be running. Now I want to fund my accounts and have some questions:

I assume I can just go someplace like Coinbase and buy some btc and then send it to my local wallet.

When I run `bitcoin-cli getwalletinfo` I see the wallet I created by following the joinmarket instructions. Is this where I want to send my BTC to? If so, I got an address by running `bitcoin-cli getwalletinfo`, is that the right address to send it to?

When I run the joinmarket `wallet-tool.py` script it shows me six "new" address at mixdepth 0. Do I then send BTC from my bitcoin-core wallet to those? Or can/should I just send BTC directly to one of those addresses when I do the initial purchase.

Thanks for any help or redirecting me to a better place to ask!
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4368
Merit: 3276

View Profile
June 23, 2024, 03:53:10 AM

When I run the joinmarket `wallet-tool.py` script it shows me six "new" address at mixdepth 0. Do I then send BTC from my bitcoin-core wallet to those? Or can/should I just send BTC directly to one of those addresses when I do the initial purchase.

The addresses listed by wallet-tool.py are in your joinmarket wallet. bitcoin-cli might give you the same information, but I would use only wallet-tool.py. Obtain some bitcoins and send them directly to the first unused address listed in mixdepth 0.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
Cricktor
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1185

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
June 23, 2024, 09:47:17 PM

I assume OP wants to act as a market maker, but I could be wrong. So how about you clarify what you want to achieve, be a market maker or taker on Joinmarket?

What are your goals, what is your expectance?

You will likely get better help or advise when as much as possible details are known and guesswork be avoided.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████