Bitcoin Forum
August 29, 2024, 10:18:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can the world be a better place without religion?  (Read 660 times)
asarfiar

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 10, 2024, 06:44:54 AM

The world is encapsulated with so many religion embedded with different doctrines, teaching and belief which have affected our sense of reasoning in different ways. Religion has raised serious concern to mankind especially in terms of sociopolitical and economic coexistence. The major cause of insecurity in most part of the world today is the problem of economic and religion supremacy where everyone seen to uphold their religion with virtue and in a high esteem and even considered it to be the only true region and the only way to salvation and internity thereby condemning or seeing other religion as fake. So therefore, considering the problem associated with religion differences in world today, I think the world would have be a better place without religion.
Religious discipline has been evident since the beginning of the world, but it divides people into different tribes. Religious system encourages people as a background for building a just and harmonious life and a harmonious religious discipline. However, religion and politics are regulated by different laws and practices in different countries. As it can be said that in some countries the influence of religion on politics is severe, for example, in countries like France, religious discipline is strictly suppressed in politics, and in Canada, politicians are free to express their religious thoughts and identity. So I think that religion and politics are two social phenomena, just as religion shapes the value system of people and determines moral rules and regulations, politics shapes the rights and systems of individuals. So I think not religion but some political abuse is creating unrest in the world.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3892
Merit: 1373

View Profile
August 10, 2024, 06:54:53 PM

The world is encapsulated with so many religion embedded with different doctrines, teaching and belief which have affected our sense of reasoning in different ways. Religion has raised serious concern to mankind especially in terms of sociopolitical and economic coexistence. The major cause of insecurity in most part of the world today is the problem of economic and religion supremacy where everyone seen to uphold their religion with virtue and in a high esteem and even considered it to be the only true region and the only way to salvation and internity thereby condemning or seeing other religion as fake. So therefore, considering the problem associated with religion differences in world today, I think the world would have be a better place without religion.
Religious discipline has been evident since the beginning of the world, but it divides people into different tribes. Religious system encourages people as a background for building a just and harmonious life and a harmonious religious discipline. However, religion and politics are regulated by different laws and practices in different countries. As it can be said that in some countries the influence of religion on politics is severe, for example, in countries like France, religious discipline is strictly suppressed in politics, and in Canada, politicians are free to express their religious thoughts and identity. So I think that religion and politics are two social phenomena, just as religion shapes the value system of people and determines moral rules and regulations, politics shapes the rights and systems of individuals. So I think not religion but some political abuse is creating unrest in the world.

The one main point of religion is to focus on God... at least on His existence. The reason why God split the languages at Tower of Babel times was to break down the strength that mankind had to subvert God into mans' corrupt ways.

Mankind still have this strength ability. However, God has placed safeguards into the world to protect mankind and Himself from mans' corruption. When the safeguards are close to being breached by man - and Satan and his crew - Jesus will return and straighten things out permanently.

Note the thing that Jesus said that shows that we might be getting very close to the return-time of Jesus. Matthew 24:36-41:
36“But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, f but only the Father. 37As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. 38For in the days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, up to the day Noah entered the ark; 39and they knew nothing about what would happen until the flood came and took them all away. That is how it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. 40Two men will be in the field; one will be taken and the other left. 41Two women will be grinding with a hand mill; one will be taken and the other left.

Go to the Bible and look at the area around the above quote. Stuff is happening like it did in the days of Noah. The question is, how bad will God let things get before He sends His Son, Jesus, back?

Cool

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/, https://thedrardisshow.com/, https://thehighwire.com/.
MissNonFall9

Activity: 196
Merit: 15

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
August 13, 2024, 04:00:44 PM

Your point of view is very correct and reasonable that to date no religious teaching appears to be harmful to anyone and politics is not a bad thing politics is also a very important thing due to which people can live in an orderly manner in the world and manage all their activities properly. But because of some privileged groups or people many have a negative perception of politics. So I think if religious discipline is practiced in politics then the world will become really beautiful.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
tomos81

Activity: 980
Merit: 504

PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market

View Profile
August 13, 2024, 11:12:59 PM

So therefore, considering the problem associated with religion differences in world today, I think the world would have be a better place without religion.

How can people live without religion, like you can never live outside of family. Although people were not anti-religion in the past many Arabs and pagan Christian nations were mainly involved in the most evil practices.  Where female children were killed and buried fresh. All these immoral and bad actions were most common in the period of Jahiliyyah.

Without religion, people could never live in the right position, so people are able to live their lives rightly because of the presence of religion.  Religion is the only place of peace there is no other place where there is peace and therefore without religion it is never possible to live.

Hewlet

Activity: 392
Merit: 169

View Profile
August 14, 2024, 06:54:55 AM

So therefore, considering the problem associated with religion differences in world today, I think the world would have be a better place without religion.

How can people live without religion, like you can never live outside of family. Although people were not anti-religion in the past many Arabs and pagan Christian nations were mainly involved in the most evil practices.  Where female children were killed and buried fresh. All these immoral and bad actions were most common in the period of Jahiliyyah.
the society has witnessed a whole lot of improvement in different aspect of life most expecially as regards living a more modest life than when religion was a thing in the society. Thier are several practices apart from the killing of twin that was predominant in the past most expecially in the typical African setting that the introduction of religion into the region has helped to solve. But then, total obidient to certain religious believes to it entirety has also brought with it the notion that you must abide by the believe to it entirety and if by the believe of your religion you're to kill your child to prove that you have given total submission to what you worship, a lot of people will happily do it and we can see an example in almost all the religion. For the Christian we know of the story of Abraham and Isaac on the test fir Abraham to sacrifice Issac as a burnt offering and how he obeyed explicitly, the Moslem also carry out same practice of total obedience and the traditional worshipers even do worse. What makes religious beautiful is that it's a bit moderate and civilized with her conduct which makes it understandable on why they go extreme at the instances like those I outlined.

Without religion, people could never live in the right position, so people are able to live their lives rightly because of the presence of religion.  Religion is the only place of peace there is no other place where there is peace and therefore without religion it is never possible to live.
as much we understand that the kind of peace we experience in a religious setting far surpasses what you experience at other social gatherings, there are those that will argue that in other social gatherings, they experience the highest level of piece.for me, it's the assurance that after one exits this world, thier is hope for him in the life after that makes being part of a religious movement worth it. Though it could be too strict on certain religious believes, religious teaching is what has gone to shape the society from the negative societal vices that's now a problem globally.

aoluain
Legendary

Activity: 2366
Merit: 1343

View Profile
August 14, 2024, 08:57:03 AM

Paganism is/was just another Religion, a belief system. By sacrificing plants,
animals and in some cases other human beings the belief and hopes were that the
gods would bring a favourable year of growing and harvest and would guarantee
survival for another year.

"modern" religions like Christianity have taken the concept one step further, they
GUARANTEE life after death! whats not to like about that? of course there is no proof
(besides what the Bible teaches) but people blindly believe in a "one God" and a
life after death.

The thing is the belief is that there isnt just one God, there are several, with different
names.....made up by humans!

I 100% disagree with you, It is very easy to live without Religion, I do it every day!
I lead a very simple peaceful life, I respect others who reciprocate and I havent killed anyone.

You should try breaking free of the chains which organised religion have placed on
you. Dont be afraid of not reaching a fantasy realm, we all return to nature just as the
big wheel has intended.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
▄▄████▄▄
▀█▀
▄▀▀▄▀█▀
▄░░▄█░██░█▄░░▄
█░▄█░▀█▄▄█▀░█▄░█
▀▄░███▄▄▄▄███░▄▀
▀▀█░░░▄▄▄▄░░░█▀▀
░░██████░░█
█░░░░▀▀░░░░█
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
▄░█████▀▀█████░▄
▄███████░██░███████▄
▀▀██████▄▄██████▀▀
▀▀████████▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▀▄███░░░▀████░███▄▀██▄
███░████░░░░░▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄░░░░▀░████░███
███░████░███▄░░░░████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄░░███▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
SOUTHAMPTON FC
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2024, 05:45:15 PM

Paganism is/was just another Religion, a belief system. By sacrificing plants,
animals and in some cases other human beings the belief and hopes were that the
gods would bring a favourable year of growing and harvest and would guarantee
survival for another year.

"modern" religions like Christianity have taken the concept one step further, they
GUARANTEE life after death! whats not to like about that? of course there is no proof
(besides what the Bible teaches) but people blindly believe in a "one God" and a
life after death.

The thing is the belief is that there isnt just one God, there are several, with different
names.....made up by humans!

I 100% disagree with you, It is very easy to live without Religion, I do it every day!
I lead a very simple peaceful life, I respect others who reciprocate and I havent killed anyone.

You should try breaking free of the chains which organised religion have placed on
you. Dont be afraid of not reaching a fantasy realm, we all return to nature just as the
big wheel has intended.

Hey, that's an interesting religion you have there.      Cool

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/, https://thedrardisshow.com/, https://thehighwire.com/.
Ndabagi01

Activity: 686
Merit: 301

View Profile
August 14, 2024, 11:53:22 PM

I don’t think the world would have been a better place today without religion, long before the existence of any religion, there’s are always wars and disunity amongs people and the causes of it cannot be attached to religion because at of those days, they were fewer religions being practiced or none at all. The only thing that can bring peace and harmony to a particular region is humanity amongst ourselves, any other thing comes secondary to it and if humanity is been disrupted, every other thing will have severe impact on the people living in the region.

All religion and culture preaches peace and harmony but why isn’t any of those teachings making them not to stop or avoid all those religious wars, it is because they’re inhuman and a person with humanity and irrespective of their religion will not harm another person even when given the chance to do so. Let love lead, let humanity be embedded in us and the world will live for centuries more as a better place to live in. Religion and culture are being used by the perpetrators, sponsors of war in other to cover their own crimes and find a way to justify where the war is headed where it’s practically being headed by them.

███████████████████████████████▀▀▀▀
███████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀█▀█▀▀▀▀▀█████████
███▄▀▀▀   ▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄   ▀▀▀▄███
███████▀▀▀████▌ ▐████▀▀▀███████
█████▀███▀█▀██▌ ▐██▀█▀███▀█████
███████▀▄▀▄███▌ ▐███▄▀▄▀███████
█████▄██▄██▄██   ██▄██▄██▄█████
███████▄▄▄████   ████▄▄▄███████
██████████▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀██████████
██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████
███████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
TRUST DICE
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
#1 RATED CRYPTO
CASINO IN THE WORLD
██ ██ ██ ██ █Trustpilot
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄█████████████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀█████▀▀████
█████████████████▀█████████▀███
██████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████▄███
█████████████████████████▄▄████
█████████████░░░███████████████
███████████░░░█████████████████
█████████░░████████████████████
█████░░░██████████████████████
███░░█████████████████████████
▀░░░█████████████████████████▀
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
August 15, 2024, 07:34:28 PM

What about the first two people, with whom we all have common ancestry?

(I mean, were there multiple simultaneous evolutions of man and woman, and several times, so that all the races have different original ancestors? How would that even be possible since one evolution of one man and a woman at the same time is difficult enough to make work.)

So, what religion did the original two people have? I mean, when we look at the ancient buildings of the nations from around the world - going back for multiple thousands of years - it's evident that they all held religion in high honor. So, what was the religion of the first family?

Everybody has his own religion. Even the first two people had different religions. Why? Because no two people can think the same way to hold the same religion in their hearts and minds.

The point? Each person has his own religion. There are exactly as many religions in the world as there are people. The uniting of people in a formal religion is really a political unification. And the people can't really unite in depth, but they can only express that they are united in certain major points.

There is ONE religion that is universal in this world. Everybody has it in varying degrees. It's the religion of lies. Everybody is a liar. Every church that suggests that its people are the people of their religion is a church of lies.

There is one exception to this. It's the Church that lets Jesus run it... working through the Holy Spirit to make sure that all the people are united in spirit/Spirit. This church has people in all the Christian denominations in the world, and outside of them, too. But not all the people who say that the Holy Spirit is really working in them... not all these people really have the Holy Spirit.

Cool

SmartCharpa

Activity: 546
Merit: 301

View Profile
August 20, 2024, 08:00:45 PM

I do not believe that a world without religion would be a better place to live. I believe that there would be a lot more crimes committed in this world. Don't you think that some people would have killed each other if it weren't for religion? Even with religion, some people still wish they could kill those who have offended them, I'm wondering what some people think of the world without religion, I don't think it would look much better, people would fornicate anywhere they wanted, and everyone would steal each other's belongings because there is no religion to teach what is right.

However, I believe that a world without religion is similar to a world without any details to teach us the right things in the world, we surely will have a parent who will teach us how to behave around our elders and how to be successful in our work without stealing or killing someone, but how do you think our parents will learn the right things to teach us if there is no religion? The world would look terrible without religion mate.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|||
▄▄████▄▄
▀█▀
▄▀▀▄▀█▀
▄░░▄█░██░█▄░░▄
█░▄█░▀█▄▄█▀░█▄░█
▀▄░███▄▄▄▄███░▄▀
▀▀█░░░▄▄▄▄░░░█▀▀
░░██████░░█
█░░░░▀▀░░░░█
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
▄░█████▀▀█████░▄
▄███████░██░███████▄
▀▀██████▄▄██████▀▀
▀▀████████▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▀▄███░░░▀████░███▄▀██▄
███░████░░░░░▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄░░░░▀░████░███
███░████░███▄░░░░████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄░░███▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
SOUTHAMPTON FC
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
Xril2024

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 22, 2024, 05:37:35 AM

I agree with you that economics and religious dominance are the main causes of insecurity in most parts of the world today.  But at the same time, I will also say that no matter what religion he is, if he observes the customs of his own religion properly, then he cannot show such an aggressive attitude towards other religions.  Because I don't think that any religious book contains anything harmful to others.
laijsica

Activity: 196
Merit: 136

PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2024, 09:51:55 AM

I agree with you that economics and religious dominance are the main causes of insecurity in most parts of the world today.  But at the same time, I will also say that no matter what religion he is, if he observes the customs of his own religion properly, then he cannot show such an aggressive attitude towards other religions.  Because I don't think that any religious book contains anything harmful to others.
Religion is important in every aspect of life. Whichever religion you belong to study your scriptures in detail and you will get solution for every subject also if you ask religious guru you will get solution. There is no place for hatred in religion and every religion preaches mutual harmony and bridging the gap between rich and poor and helps the society economically. It also talks about the imposition of a right of the poor class on the wealth of the rich, which if the basis of justice is applied in the society as well as in the country, the number of poverty class in the country will decrease.

Iranus

Activity: 1918
Merit: 558

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
August 22, 2024, 03:27:57 PM

I do not believe that a world without religion would be a better place to live. I believe that there would be a lot more crimes committed in this world. Don't you think that some people would have killed each other if it weren't for religion? Even with religion, some people still wish they could kill those who have offended them, I'm wondering what some people think of the world without religion, I don't think it would look much better, people would fornicate anywhere they wanted, and everyone would steal each other's belongings because there is no religion to teach what is right.

However, I believe that a world without religion is similar to a world without any details to teach us the right things in the world, we surely will have a parent who will teach us how to behave around our elders and how to be successful in our work without stealing or killing someone, but how do you think our parents will learn the right things to teach us if there is no religion? The world would look terrible without religion mate.

I agree with you that most religions aim to educate and nurture people to be more honest and good. But do you realize that there is still conflict between religions? Every religion wants to have many followers and grow stronger, every religion wants people who follow other religions to abandon their faith to follow their religion. There have even been many wars in the world just because of disagreements between religions or just because they wanted their religion to become the strongest, they even tried to destroy other religions...This shows that as long as religion is jealous, selfish, and greedy, evils and crimes will still exist.

So whether the world would be better without religion is still a question mark. In my opinion, there is no answer to this question.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
passwordnow

Activity: 3052
Merit: 577

View Profile
August 22, 2024, 11:11:08 PM

I agree with you that economics and religious dominance are the main causes of insecurity in most parts of the world today.  But at the same time, I will also say that no matter what religion he is, if he observes the customs of his own religion properly, then he cannot show such an aggressive attitude towards other religions. 
It's all about respect. When someone is proclaiming that he is in the right religion, he shouldn't say bad things about the others. Although criticisms are there, it's better to keep that principle to himself if he has seen the signs that doesn't go with his standards or his principles then he has to move forward and find a better one. What you've said is right and I agree about not being aggressive towards other religions. You keep those things that you are accustomed to with your religion and if that's helping you becoming a better person, that's a good religion you've got there.

Because I don't think that any religious book contains anything harmful to others.
This is where the debate starts although it's true that most of the religions want to help people to become a better person and get closer to God. The term "harm" has a broad meaning if it's about the belief of each religion.

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Obim34

Activity: 350
Merit: 274

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2024, 02:07:17 PM

I agree with you that most religions aim to educate and nurture people to be more honest and good. But do you realize that there is still conflict between religions? Every religion wants to have many followers and grow stronger, every religion wants people who follow other religions to abandon their faith to follow their religion. There have even been many wars in the world just because of disagreements between religions or just because they wanted their religion to become the strongest, they even tried to destroy other religions...This shows that as long as religion is jealous, selfish, and greedy, evils and crimes will still exist.

So whether the world would be better without religion is still a question mark. In my opinion, there is no answer to this question.
I get your points, Religion has done both good and bad, it has separated humans from fellow human, also leaded to favouring one and opposing the other but same religion has also limited ones unjustful behaviour in other to abide with the principles of their religion. I feel religion suits our existence, one good thing about religion is the way they spread and teaches about love both in and outside their religion but then there are also those who are into a religion by words but also don't practice accordingly and that is the sole reason why we get to see disputes and high level of oppositions, i believe all religion should be respected, if anyone wants to live his/her own religion to another then it should be based on personal convictions and not by force.

Duelbits
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
///  PLAY FOR FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
PLAY NOW
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
Iranus

Activity: 1918
Merit: 558

View Profile
August 24, 2024, 08:18:54 AM

~snip
I get your points, Religion has done both good and bad, it has separated humans from fellow human, also leaded to favouring one and opposing the other but same religion has also limited ones unjustful behaviour in other to abide with the principles of their religion. I feel religion suits our existence, one good thing about religion is the way they spread and teaches about love both in and outside their religion but then there are also those who are into a religion by words but also don't practice accordingly and that is the sole reason why we get to see disputes and high level of oppositions, i believe all religion should be respected, if anyone wants to live his/her own religion to another then it should be based on personal convictions and not by force.

I am also a religious person and as I said, I do not deny the role of religion in educating people to become better people. Also, I spend time learning about the history of some religions, reading their bibles...and most of the content is geared towards helping people become better. But religion is run by humans and human nature is jealous, selfish, envious, greedy...so it will be very difficult to prevent evil things from happening.

Not to mention that today religion is being politicized, many politicians take advantage of religion to attract followers to their side, taking advantage of people's trust...Overall, our world is becoming very chaotic and humans are the cause of it.

Religious philosophies have failed to transform humanity, instead, humanity has used religion as a weapon to destroy each other.

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Obim34

Activity: 350
Merit: 274

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2024, 03:44:33 PM

~snip
Not to mention that today religion is being politicized, many politicians take advantage of religion to attract followers to their side, taking advantage of people's trust...Overall, our world is becoming very chaotic and humans are the cause of it.

Religious philosophies have failed to transform humanity, instead, humanity has used religion as a weapon to destroy each other.
So sad we get to see something like this happening, the religion we know then isn't what we are experiencing today, religion has been mocked beginning from the leaders and I would completely blame all the followers because they also failed to get deeper understanding of what they believe in. Truth be told, Religion has turned into doctrines according to how the leader wants it meanwhile the rules to every religion isn't something that could be amended but now it all ends on politics, debates and criticism.

Duelbits
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
///  PLAY FOR FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
PLAY NOW
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
Odusko

Activity: 1008
Merit: 520

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2024, 11:42:43 PM

In some places around the world where the religion were adopted such as in Africa, there have been alot of misconception and confusion about the true nature of those religions, and that is why some of the leaders have chosen religion as a tool to deceive and oppressed the poor and the needy, now religion is more of business and the leader have turn their members into money making scheme, and this have been the issue for a while now, and that also have affected the relate and level of development in those countries, religious war have been on the increased lately and that have affected the entire security structure of the nations, much more also the politicians have chosen religious house's as a tool to winning election lately also this have been noted as one of the major issues lately with religion and it role in the society today.

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 3118

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2024, 12:21:34 AM

Think about how life will be in 900 years.  We'll be living on the moons of Jupiter and have started construction of our Dyson swarm.  Energy will be free and poverty non existent.  Now consider how religion paused all technical advancement for almost a millennium in the dark ages.  :/

The world would have been much better without religion, and will be much better without religion.  Their outdated ideas are not made for such population numbers.  When you see hundreds of thousands of people all doing these rituals, people die.

https://nastyscam.com - featuring 13 years of OGNasty bitcoin scams     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming sooner than you think!
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2024, 01:53:19 AM

Think about how life will be in 900 years.  We'll be living on the moons of Jupiter and have started construction of our Dyson swarm.  Energy will be free and poverty non existent.  Now consider how religion paused all technical advancement for almost a millennium in the dark ages.  :/

The world would have been much better without religion, and will be much better without religion.  Their outdated ideas are not made for such population numbers.  When you see hundreds of thousands of people all doing these rituals, people die.

Living on the moons of Jupiter. Lol.

The only reason why we went to the moon back in the late '60's was competition for Russia. For decades scientists and NASA have propagandized us with the idea of setting up moon bases and living there. But it hasn't happened in 70 years.

Some new Orion videos talk like NASA doesn't have the radiation problem conquered. Didn't they do that in the late '60's when they went to the moon and back? Is somebody finally telling the truth - that we didn't really go?

Besides, by the looks of things, we might have an Armageddon war that will wipe out everything, including enough of technology that we won't have any idea when we will reach out for space again.

Fun ideas, though. But there are a lot of science fiction books and movies out there. For example, Youtube search on 'The Quiet Earth'.

Here is the big point. If we get rid of religion, we will have to get rid of what is called science. Why? Because much of it is just religion.

Cool

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: