Bitcoin Forum
September 30, 2024, 09:24:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Coinbase 2FA Login Issue?  (Read 267 times)
jerry0 (OP)

Activity: 1792
Merit: 186

View Profile
August 31, 2024, 04:09:25 PM

If you check coinbase, it says they don't use Authy.  They use duo or authenticator I believe.

I have to check what I wrote down for raivo.  But I believe I wrote something down, whether it was a master password or secret code or something else.  I recall I wrote it down because it said if something happens to your raivo, then you could enter that code into it?  I am pretty sure that is the backup code for raivo but where do I enter it?  I just want to log into my coinbase account and then use another 2FA.
nc50lc
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 6186

Self-proclaimed Genius

View Profile
September 01, 2024, 04:27:33 AM
Merited by ABCbits (2)

If you check coinbase, it says they don't use Authy.  They use duo or authenticator I believe.
That's a recommendation, authenticator apps have standards that they follow which if of the same standard, should be compatible with each other if implemented correctly.
e.g.: "Aegis Authenticator" can be used in place of "Google Authenticator" because both uses "RFC-6238" standard (Wikipedia link)

You must re-read Coinbase's article about it: https://help.coinbase.com/en/coinbase/getting-started/getting-started-with-coinbase/2-step-verification
Alternatively, any app that supports the TOTP protocol should work,

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
jerry0 (OP)

View Profile
September 20, 2024, 09:16:22 PM

What do I have to check for that I wrote down for raivo with coinbase?  If I wrote down something with raivo, can I get into coinbase or not?  I only used raivo with coinbase. 

nc50lc
Legendary

Self-proclaimed Genius

View Profile
September 21, 2024, 03:51:18 AM

What do I have to check for that I wrote down for raivo with coinbase?  If I wrote down something with raivo, can I get into coinbase or not?  I only used raivo with coinbase. 
It's the "Secret Code" that I've mentioned multiple times in pages 1.
It's something like a 16-character random letters and numbers (usually written in all caps).
But chances that you don't have a copy of it if you've used the QR code to setup the 2fa authenticator.

Why don't you ask Coinbase to issue another authenticator secret code instead, like what's been suggested for when a backup isn't available?

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
jerry0 (OP)

View Profile
September 21, 2024, 04:15:54 AM

I'm going to check if I have the secret code.  If I do, then what do I do afterwards?  I enter that into raivo?  But since they got bought, i can't use it unless I pay?

I just want to log into coinbase with raivo and then switch my 2FA to google authenticator.

I recall I wrote down a code for Raivo.  I did not use a QR code for the Raivo backup. I recall I did write a code for it and it does sound like what you are talking about.

Isn't the only other method would be tell them I don't have my 2FA anymore?  The thing is if I do this, how do I get verified and change my 2FA? 

Raivo I recall was very popular and recommended for 2FA back then and I recall switching to that for that reason.  So anyone here used Raivo for 2FA with coinbase and then later found out when you log into coinbase much later later, you are signed out of raivo on your phone?

nc50lc
Legendary

Self-proclaimed Genius

View Profile
September 21, 2024, 04:34:54 AM

I'm going to check if I have the secret code.  If I do, then what do I do afterwards?  I enter that into raivo?  But since they got bought, i can't use it unless I pay?
The authenticator app's brand doesn't matter, just make sure that it supports TOTP protocol.
Then, the rest is a repeat of page 1, just do a through re-read of what's already posted :/

For the request to reset it in Coinbase, the linked article by logfiles in page1 already has the necessary information on what to tell them.
Coinbase is custodial so they are in control, you use it so you don't have much of a choice.
Perhaps it's hard to find in that webpage? Here's some screenshots;

Click the "Plus" sign to expand it:

Then follow their instructions:

More lines below the actual page.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
jerry0 (OP)

View Profile
September 21, 2024, 04:57:21 AM

Yes I notice that.  But the thing is can I use that Raivo code to just log into coinbase then so I could avoid all this?  Thus after logging into coinbase, then switch my 2FA to like google authenticator. 
jerry0 (OP)

View Profile
September 21, 2024, 07:36:06 PM

I checked and I wrote down 2 things for Raivo OTP.

One seems to be a password that I created for Raivo.  I believe this is the raivo master password?

The other thing is a secret/seed that is 32 characters long. 

When I open the Raivo app on my iphone, the only option is continue and then choose a storage provider either none (offline) or apple icloud?  So I can't restore it then?

Do you or anyone know how to fix this issue?

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: