Bitcoin Forum
July 07, 2024, 05:29:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Logistical nightmare!  (Read 78 times)
Ticdeneb (OP)

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 27, 2024, 03:16:19 PM

I didn't want to talk about this before but seeing how often this has been going on I can't help but address It.

Why can't business owners particularly those who utilizes logistics company find efficient ones ? Most times you can't even track your shipment in real time and when your shipment arrives you get notified days after, warranting you to pay extra charges!!!

Nothing seems transparent anymore! Even worse that this is happening in the era where blockchain is being integrated into everything!
I bet nobody is going to proffer any lasting solutions to these issues.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4270
Merit: 4539

View Profile
June 27, 2024, 08:52:47 PM

blockchains are about logging data long term in a method that makes older data harder to edit the more new data is added.
blockchains cant sort out logistics issues. it can only sort out data integrity/immutability issues

to sort out logistics issues you need to have different businesses partner their distribution hubs, so that instead of 10 trucks going down a highway where 10% of their haul is designated for one town. meaning 10 trucks go to the same town to offload once each
they instead all offload at a distribution hub. organise their loads per town and one truck 100% filled for the one town and it just goes to that town, thus less trucks ripping up the asphalt in the town nor causing congestion via not having 10 trucks visiting on town

its the same game as car sharing. where certain employees agree to meet up at some carpark and then share a car to commute to work thus overall costs of each passenger are cheaper.. this is not something blockchain can solve, its instead a real world organisation of staff, vehicle capacity, location and such.

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
peter0425

Activity: 2702
Merit: 447

CryptopreneurBrainboss managerial service

View Profile
June 28, 2024, 01:46:16 AM

Nothing seems transparent anymore! Even worse that this is happening in the era where blockchain is being integrated into everything!
Well it really depends a lot on which platforms you are using as they are all different and not all platforms is as inefficient as the other

One thing to consider though is how complex and multitier logistics are. There are way too many things involved that the blockchain they are using might not have the capacity to store all these information in real time with no delays or errors It will also be very expensive to keep operating so I am sure many companies are looking to cut some expenses even it meant a few inconsistencies here and there
AntonietteK

Activity: 13

View Profile
June 28, 2024, 12:47:14 PM

I didn't want to talk about this before but seeing how often this has been going on I can't help but address It.

Why can't business owners particularly those who utilizes logistics company find efficient ones ? Most times you can't even track your shipment in real time and when your shipment arrives you get notified days after, warranting you to pay extra charges!!!

It is disappointing not to get real-time updates and transparency from the logistics companies. Even then, the use of blockchain technology is solving such issues as projects like SWGT enhances supply chain visibility and a streamline process. It recently got recognized as Bitget listed the native token. I have a good feeling this is going to deliver an eco-friendly blockchain.
PhillipDe78

Activity: 60

View Profile
June 28, 2024, 12:48:25 PM

Responsible competition is essential. If at the moment, the owners of logistics companies are content with everything and do not see any danger to their business, they may not take action.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 3100

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2024, 07:20:03 PM

Why can't business owners particularly those who utilizes logistics company find efficient ones ?

A:   Cost.   They can hire Fedex or UPS and get guaranteed tracking, but it's not going to be free.  The trend right now is free shipping, just like economy air travel - push to the bottom.

https://nastyscam.com - featuring 13 years of OGNasty bitcoin scams     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming sooner than you think!
Iamcrypticguy

Activity: 350
Merit: 5

Navigating the Crypto world & Holding BGB Along..

View Profile
July 01, 2024, 08:33:06 PM

It is disappointing not to get real-time updates and transparency from the logistics companies. Even then, the use of blockchain technology is solving such issues as projects like SWGT enhances supply chain visibility and a streamline process. It recently got recognized as Bitget listed the native token. I have a good feeling this is going to deliver an eco-friendly blockchain.

Did some research on swgt. I'll say they've got decent plans using Blockchain to solve logistical problems like you opined, let's see if they can implement. I also noticed it's on PoolX. I might consider farming it..
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: