Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 02:38:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Difficulty sending encrypted message to specific wallet address  (Read 68 times)
deatrice (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 29, 2024, 05:40:57 PM

Hi everyone,
What's a good wallet for sending encrypted messages to people's Bitcoin address, especially PGP encrypted messages? I've tried the Green Bitcoin Wallet and it doesn't have the ability to send encrypted messages. Then I tried to use Coinbase wallet and it won't send to who I need to. I have a few friends who's wallet addresses I tried and they don't show up because they're not in the Coinbase network. Then I tried popular wallet addresses from Bitcoin Talk, such as hilariousandco, achow101, and gmaxwell and they don't work either.

In fact, I want to send PGP encrypted messages. What is the solution?

Thank you.
Mia Chloe

Activity: 392
Merit: 519

Math + Code = Blockchain 😁

View Profile
June 29, 2024, 06:11:11 PM

Basically it's known as signing a message. I personally haven't tried signing a message with a pgp encryption, however it think it should be possible. All you would have to do is look for a PGP encryption app for you device there are a variety of them out there for both Linux and windows. However I more familiar with open key chain app on android. All you have to do is type in your message there and hit the encrypt button.

After that you can proceed to signing a message containing the PGP encrypted message. Mins you , for the receiver to be able to read the message you also have to send the encryption key.

Personally I think the whole process is kinda bulky why not just encrypt the message and send it to the user via probably any social media platform or any forum like this then if that user is a member here you could also simply send him the decryption keys for the PGP message via a pm
Stalker22
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1372

View Profile
June 29, 2024, 07:48:29 PM
Merited by vapourminer (1)

Unfortunately, Bitcoin's protocol dont actually let you send encrypted messages directly to addresses.  Thats not something Bitcoin wallets can do.  Maybe youre thinking about that XMTP messaging protocol idea for web3 and  i heard Coinbase and some other wallets support XMTP, but it got nothing to with Bitcoin itself. 

Basically it's known as signing a message.

Thats not the same thing.

█████████████████████████
██
█████▀▀███████▀▀███████
█████▀░░▄███████▄░░▀█████
██▀░░██████▀░▀████░░▀██
██▀░░▀▀▀████████████░░▀██
██░░█▄████▀▀███▀█████░░██
██░░███▄▄███████▀▀███░░██
██░░█████████████████░░██
██▄░░████▄▄██████▄▄█░░▄██
██▄░░██████▄░░████░░▄██
█████▄░░▀███▌░░▐▀░░▄█████
███████▄▄███████▄▄███████
█████████████████████████
.ROOBET 2.0..██████.IIIIIFASTER & SLEEKER.██████.
|

█▄█
▀█▀
████▄▄██████▄▄████
█▄███▀█░░█████░░█▀███▄█
▀█▄▄░▐█████████▌▄▄█▀
██▄▄█████████▄▄████▌
██████▄▄████████
█▀▀████████████████
██████
█████████████
██
█▀▀██████████████
▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
    PLAY NOW    
dkbit98
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 7293

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2024, 09:32:09 PM

With bitcoin you can only sign a message using wallets like Electrum, Sparrow wallet, etc.
Why don't you simply send a PGP encrypted email to someone else for free, or use messenger apps like Simplex chat, without paying any bitcoin transaction fee?

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
deatrice (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
Today at 06:15:00 AM

why not just encrypt the message and send it to the user via probably any social media platform or any forum like this

How do I encrypt a message and send it to a user on this forum?

if that user is a member here you could also simply send him the decryption keys for the PGP message via a pm

I'm not sure if I have the decryption keys? All I have is:
https://web.archive.org/web/20110228054007/http://www.bitcoin.org/Satoshi_Nakamoto.asc
SilverCryptoBullet

Activity: 106
Merit: 54

View Profile
Today at 06:39:11 AM

Hi everyone,
What's a good wallet for sending encrypted messages to people's Bitcoin address, especially PGP encrypted messages?
With Bitcoin non custodial wallets, you can sign a Bitcoin message because you own a private key and send the signed message to other people.

You can not sign encrypted message with PGP key with any Bitcoin wallet.
[Eng: Tutorial] PGP Signature - Encrypt/Decrypt message - Fingerprint
[Eng: Tutorial] PGP Signature - Encrypt/Decrypt message (Linux Only)
[Android Tutorial] PGP Signature - Encrypt/Decrypt message
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: