Bitcoin Forum
July 31, 2024, 08:20:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I setup a new bitcoin signet, welcome to use it  (Read 97 times)
Hunter.Liu (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 21

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2024, 06:45:10 AM
Merited by LFC_Bitcoin (10), LoyceV (4), ABCbits (2), Husna QA (2), Pandorak (1), Anwar151 (1)

Obviously, the testnet's block production is unstable, and the old signet is not easy to get sBTC. In order to facilitate developers, I recently launched a new signet network, including:

1. Three block-mining nodes;
2. A browser based on mempool open source software; website is:  https://signet.sathub.io
3. An electrumx service;
4. An rpc and synchronization node;
5. signet faucet(will be open in the future);

How they are connected can be seen in the documentation,https://docs.sathub.io/sathub-docs/connect

The main portal for the service is: https://sathub.io

Everyone is welcome to use it, it is free; it is currently in the trial operation stage, if you want to participate, please contact me via message box on twitter(https://x.com/0xNullor) and I will give you some sBTC;
ABCbits
Legendary

Activity: 2954
Merit: 7727

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
July 02, 2024, 09:18:11 AM

Hi there, welcome to bitcointalk.

Looking at your block explorer, it's clear it's different from Signet network (by Bitcoin Core dev) where both network only have same genesis block. I haven't tried it, but did you create this as additional option for software developer or do you happen to offer feature which isn't exist on other Signet network (by Bitcoin Core dev)?

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Hunter.Liu (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2024, 09:51:30 AM
Merited by ABCbits (1)

Hi there, welcome to bitcointalk.

Looking at your block explorer, it's clear it's different from Signet network (by Bitcoin Core dev) where both network only have same genesis block. I haven't tried it, but did you create this as additional option for software developer or do you happen to offer feature which isn't exist on other Signet network (by Bitcoin Core dev)?

This is a brand-new Bitcoin network in signet mode; its features are completely consistent with the mainnet, and no new features have been added for the time being; some new features may be added in the future with reference to BIPs;

This signet network only speeds up the block generation speed, which is currently about 3 minutes. I don’t think it is necessary to wait for 10 minutes. For development, what developers need is to be able to quickly see the execution results of transactions.
ABCbits
Legendary

Activity: 2954
Merit: 7727

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
July 02, 2024, 09:55:55 AM

This signet network only speeds up the block generation speed, which is currently about 3 minutes. I don’t think it is necessary to wait for 10 minutes. For development, what developers need is to be able to quickly see the execution results of transactions.

That makes sense, people would rather not wait 10 minutes (multiplied by total required confirmation) if possible. Did you have any specific consideration when choosing 3 minutes or is it arbitrary number?

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Hunter.Liu (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2024, 10:32:36 AM

That makes sense, people would rather not wait 10 minutes (multiplied by total required confirmation) if possible. Did you have any specific consideration when choosing 3 minutes or is it arbitrary number?

Good question.

In my past development experience, the largest P2P network transmission delay I have ever encountered was about 3 minutes. One machine was on Alibaba Cloud and one machine was on Microsoft Cloud. That was in 2020; therefore, I choose 3 minutes.
ebbe52e5

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 07, 2024, 02:04:52 PM

hi ethan, thanks for your great job. will you please send me a little sBTC? I want to try.

MY SIGNET ADDRESS: tb1qudr5u98mx4k04x6xudeh0xgmulx3uy4gd86289

Thanks again.
Hunter.Liu (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2024, 01:11:12 AM

hi ethan, thanks for your great job. will you please send me a little sBTC? I want to try.

MY SIGNET ADDRESS: tb1qudr5u98mx4k04x6xudeh0xgmulx3uy4gd86289

Thanks again.

Hi, sBTC has been sent with amount 0.1. If you meet some question, feel free to contact me.

https://signet.sathub.io/tx/12e0c063429a853b19bea4baba4f044887539028decea1ab97c4912a7e181d21
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: