Bitcoin Forum
July 27, 2024, 12:32:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Protest won't save Nigeria from bad governance  (Read 91 times)
Princess Leah (OP)

Activity: 125
Merit: 42

View Profile
July 06, 2024, 03:34:28 AM
Merited by CryptopreneurBrainboss (2)

When I go online and see people talking about protesting against bad governance and hardship, it makes me wonder if those people are actually from Nigeria, maybe they got their motivations from the ongoing protest in Kenya but they fail to realize that this is Nigeria where the government is two steps ahead of it's citizens and would do anything to crumble plots of kicking against their governance.

It's so shameful that Nigeria has turned into a lawless country, whereby the law only favours certain caliber of people, they disobey the law, take away citizens right and go scot-free without giving account of their actions, take for example what happened in the past major protest which was the ENDSARS protest where innocent citizens carrying out peaceful protest where killed by some military personnels or is the previous election‽

Even if we embark on another protest by emulating what Kenya is doing, there would be some saboteurs that would go behind to take bribe and ruin the whole process or the government would come up with anti protesters to cause a clash and then they'll declare state of emergency just to ruin the process, that's why I earlier stated that the government is two steps ahead of it's citizen, it's obvious we need a messiah but who would be that messiah? What i think is good for this country is the military regime cause democracy currently is a scam in Nigeria. Well, do you think embarking on a protest would stop bad governance in Nigeria?
Promocodeudo

Activity: 476
Merit: 274

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2024, 05:32:52 AM

When I go online and see people talking about protesting against bad governance and hardship, it makes me wonder if those people are actually from Nigeria, maybe they got their motivations from the ongoing protest in Kenya but they fail to realize that this is Nigeria where the government is two steps ahead of it's citizens and would do anything to crumble plots of kicking against their governance.

It's so shameful that Nigeria has turned into a lawless country, whereby the law only favours certain caliber of people, they disobey the law, take away citizens right and go scot-free without giving account of their actions, take for example what happened in the past major protest which was the ENDSARS protest where innocent citizens carrying out peaceful protest where killed by some military personnels or is the previous election‽

Even if we embark on another protest by emulating what Kenya is doing, there would be some saboteurs that would go behind to take bribe and ruin the whole process or the government would come up with anti protesters to cause a clash and then they'll declare state of emergency just to ruin the process, that's why I earlier stated that the government is two steps ahead of it's citizen, it's obvious we need a messiah but who would be that messiah? What i think is good for this country is the military regime cause democracy currently is a scam in Nigeria. Well, do you think embarking on a protest would stop bad governance in Nigeria?

OP you made a very good point here but I want you to also understand that despite how irrelevant the citizens are to  the government, the government also understand the mayhem that may occur during any protest, do you also know that the then government was afraid of the possible outcome of that endsars protest because the youths hijacked it and it was very serious to the extent that the entire government of the federation was afraid of the next line of action, is just that we are in country where the youths have decided to dance to the tune of their pay Masters and thats the problem, in every country, the youth are the major tools to get the attention of the government and it is by protest, since i was born i have been hearing that youths are the leaders of tomorrow but it aint becoming reality may be because they youths fails to do the needful.

I think the best thing that will stop some kind of looting in this country is military taking over for some period of time, the developmental strategy and the frame work Nigeria is using today was all the idea of the military government, in military government know one can come up with fuel scarcity or food scarcity, you can not sell a different price from the proposed government price, I think democracy is a pure lie in the entire Africa and I call it deceit in disguise, in conclusion, protest will only solve our problem if the whole military force will support the process to say no to bad government if not, the government will still come up with a strategy to disorganise the process. Nigeria is in dilapidated stage and we can still attribute it to failed nation with illed governance, it will take a great force to put Nigeria in good shape.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
BitcoinCleanUp.com

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████
#EndTheFUD

██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
Ojinga

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

Patience is key

View Profile
July 06, 2024, 06:10:31 AM

prostest won't solve any problem in this Nigeria because the people protesting are not in the same line, if you check very well the person you think he/she will be with you in the time of the protest will be the first to go behind you and take a bribe. And the government they already know our problem so protesting won't help any matter's at this point, for me the prostate this time let it don't be from the cizitens let it be from the leaders themselves. Cause we the citizens don't have any say in this country right now we are like people just seating and watching the top leaders doing them things, so let the leaders stand by their selves and protest I think with the few of them standing up to protest then the cizitens will now get ready to follow up the case. That's my own opinion towards this protesting matter.
Juicyhome

Activity: 70
Merit: 25

View Profile
July 11, 2024, 03:06:36 PM

Protest in the world has solved alots of political and social issues and Nigeria has it own success story too. The great kensaro wiwa organised a Protest in Ogoniland part of Niger delta region for Shell to stop oil exploration in the land in 1993 and they stopped till date, for environmental degradation in the land. Protest has it advantages and disadvantages,  when its peaceful and for the benefits for all then will be advantageous to the people plight but when its violently motivated it should be stop for further demanages.
In france in 1963 the students Protested against poor state of their educational system and they government looked into it and make changes. So in Nigeria Protest has yield  great results in the past, but currently people organised Protest for selfish reasons.
Kelward

Activity: 476
Merit: 302

View Profile
July 26, 2024, 10:21:26 AM

Di worsening economic hardship wey de for our country na very serious concern to every well-meaning Nigerians. Dis na the highest height of bad governance, naira value don depreciate so bad wey be say plenty money wey you hold na only small thing e go fit to purchase, di next day na fewer things e go purchase. No good roads, no light, no job , no food, no money, insecurity, no be say we no get di resources to make Nigeria, a great country but di corruption wey de for government no go let di wicked politicians to give us good governance.

Abeg I no support millitery to take over power, our top millitery officers dem de as corrupt as civilian politicians. During di whole millitery regimes for di country, na which one of dem make di country to de better, na only to loot di government treasury be dem specializations.

Truly I no think say dis planned protest go amount to anything meaningful, na make e no be say Nigerians keep quiet dat na di only aim of di protest. Our leaders no care for di ordinary citizens, if you like do peaceful protest from now till one year dem no send anybody message. Na only protest wey dem take dem unaware na im fit to shake dem. Wetin we need for Nigeria, na make our votes to count and make we get better leader wey be di choice of di people.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBITCRYPTO
FUTURES
[
1,000x
LEVERAGE
][
COMPETITIVE
FEES
][
INSTANT
EXECUTION
]██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
TRADE NOW
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Marvelockg

Activity: 252
Merit: 160

View Profile
July 26, 2024, 04:34:12 PM

What are you even saying? Are you trying to say that the end SARS protest didn't yield any result? And you're even talking about the military taking over leadership position? do you know how the country will look like if given the military the power to rule us with a strong hand in this era? Is buhari not a military man? What was he able to do while he was the president?

In as much as protest don't always end well because the politicians and people benefitting from the system will hyjack the peaceful protest into something else, being quiet will do a worse thing to us and that's the reason why we're currently in the messed up situation we're in now.

Our leaders are too selfish and very stubborn to lesson to the plight of the people even though most of them grew up and spoke I'll of the then politicians. As they want to be stubborn, I'm never against anyone that's bold enough to join in the protest to demand for what's right.

Just mere passing on the street and looking at the hundreds of cars that are stranded without fuel in an oil producing nation is enough reason to join in this protest.

NB:       freedom cometh by struggle and not by wishful thinking or talking.

Sexylizzy2813

Activity: 644
Merit: 432

View Profile
July 26, 2024, 08:31:45 PM

My fear about this protest nah be say the government fit hide the whole tin about their involvement like them do the EndSars own. Nothing spoil if we come out protest and hope say beta go fall out but the thing be say we dey find the beta of the nation but others go dey use their hands hinder am and who I mean by "others"? Nah the thugs wey them go press small tin for hand make them come cause chaos for the place wey the protest dey hold.
Normally, the protest suppose be peaceful one aimed at hitting the nail on the head but because of the disruptions from this thugs e go come be as if we wey dey protest no know wetin we dey do and e go be like say we dey fight against ourselves instead of the government and them go dey look us dey laugh, which na wetin dey make the protest no really dey too hard to workout. I see for X wey person say if the Fulanis join body enter street for this protest say e go tight and I think am say na true so e get as e be for this 2nd protest.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBITCRYPTO
FUTURES
[
1,000x
LEVERAGE
][
COMPETITIVE
FEES
][
INSTANT
EXECUTION
]██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
TRADE NOW
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Ojinga

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

Patience is key

View Profile
July 26, 2024, 09:09:31 PM

My fear about this protest nah be say the government fit hide the whole tin about their involvement like them do the EndSars own. Nothing spoil if we come out protest and hope say beta go fall out but the thing be say we dey find the beta of the nation but others go dey use their hands hinder am and who I mean by "others"? Nah the thugs wey them go press small tin for hand make them come cause chaos for the place wey the protest dey hold.
Normally, the protest suppose be peaceful one aimed at hitting the nail on the head but because of the disruptions from this thugs e go come be as if we wey dey protest no know wetin we dey do and e go be like say we dey fight against ourselves instead of the government and them go dey look us dey laugh, which na wetin dey make the protest no really dey too hard to workout. I see for X wey person say if the Fulanis join body enter street for this protest say e go tight and I think am say na true so e get as e be for this 2nd protest.

for me the protest idea no be bad idea but before them try to make up another protest for this Nigeria, make them first thing about the last prostest wey happen #ENDSAR# people die but for this I no knoe how e go be. So I for suggest say anything wey them won do make them put one or two of the politician them for body this time, because so many souls done go down well well for thing's concerning protest matter.
Sexylizzy2813

Merit: 432

View Profile
July 26, 2024, 10:32:53 PM

for me the protest idea no be bad idea but before them try to make up another protest for this Nigeria, make them first thing about the last prostest wey happen #ENDSAR# people die but for this I no knoe how e go be. So I for suggest say anything wey them won do make them put one or two of the politician them for body this time, because so many souls done go down well well for thing's concerning protest matter.

My broda the movement go well but I think say people still get that fear of the past one for body, people die for the #EndSars own but the way I see am na still we cause am, as long as we no dey united the waka no go smooth at all, becos like I talk before say nah we dey take our hand spoil the good things wey this movement go bring, I dey refer to the police army and even street thugs wey them give #500 to take cause wahala for protest ground, me I no fit see sense for where these guys dey to spoil wetin people dey fight for wey them go even benefit from oh but them choose not to care. People wey die last time will always be remembered but make the leaders of this protest use last one take learn lesson on how to make this one dey a bit more secured so that people mind go strong.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBITCRYPTO
FUTURES
[
1,000x
LEVERAGE
][
COMPETITIVE
FEES
][
INSTANT
EXECUTION
]██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
TRADE NOW
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Chilwell

Merit: 455

The Alliance Of Bitcointalk Translators - ENG>PID

View Profile WWW
Today at 06:38:35 AM

My broda the movement go well but I think say people still get that fear of the past one for body, people die for the #EndSars own but the way I see am na still we cause am, as long as we no dey united the waka no go smooth at all, becos like I talk before say nah we dey take our hand spoil the good things wey this movement go bring, I dey refer to the police army and even street thugs wey them give #500 to take cause wahala for protest ground, me I no fit see sense for where these guys dey to spoil wetin people dey fight for wey them go even benefit from oh but them choose not to care. People wey die last time will always be remembered but make the leaders of this protest use last one take learn lesson on how to make this one dey a bit more secured so that people mind go strong.

Truely I dey full support of this protest because say things bad well well for Nigeria wey make us not to have choice again, brother I like the wey you take am because say na the fact you talk assume say our minds go they the same thing will go well for this protest but I say e go dey hard, this one dey different from #EndSars because many people no go with #EndSars but for this one na almost 98% the feel this one, the remaining 2% are only the leaders and the politician, my own be say make the thing go smooth and make we get wetin we dey want.

Before I dey among people wey dey talk say e dey early to condemn this government but they dey busy making confort for themselves and keep telling us say patient na wetin we go do, from that time I come give up say na wetin dey like na em they dey do us because wetin palliative go do us and how many people go take get that the palliative, In my own opinion I prefer revolution if possible because I don't think they will change.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Richbased

Activity: 378
Merit: 203

View Profile WWW
Today at 11:34:57 AM

In every democratic government, protest is necessary because that's the only way government can recognize the grievance of it's citizens but it's so bad that protests that ought to be a peaceful one in most cases are being hijacked by hoodlums to destroy properties and other government facilities because in the past I have witnessed protests turn into violent one and causing human disturbances hence the reason why security operatives invade in some circumstances.

However, no matter the state of the nation, thinking about going back to military regime will be the worst because humans deserves freedom of speech so if military hijacks the government today it will be difficult for citizens to air their opinions and grievance towards the government because everything will be done authoritatively without caring about the opinion of other arms of government. We shouldn't think about using force to get what is right in this country, all we should think is for incorruptible leaders who will have the interest of the masses at heart.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: