Print  
Author Topic: Nagle  (Read 12641 times)
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
December 23, 2011, 11:29:23 PM

But, has he really been proven wrong already?  I think there's still a good chance we'll eventually resume the march down.

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
teflone

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

You're fat, because you dont have any pics on FB

View Profile
December 24, 2011, 12:41:39 AM

How about we make a chart for Proudhon-agle, we'll call it "STFU already, we know where you stand, save your breath"

Seriously, if you gave half as much effort in bitching and whining about how bitcoin will fail into your personal life, you'd be a lot better off..

Im seriously sick of you Proudhon, you have learned NOTHING!

You're the epitome of misery loves company..  Spread your cheer somewhere else..

For Canadians by Canadians: Canada's Bitcoin Community - https://www.coinforum.ca/
NothinG

Activity: 560

View Profile
December 24, 2011, 12:45:41 AM

NOTHING!
Yes?

And, subscribing.

julz
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 24, 2011, 01:07:34 AM

While Nagle was a bit over the top - some grumpy realism as provided by proudhon is a valuable damper on the irrational exhuberance and groupthink that can arise within a community.

We need some Bear perspectives.  Sometimes they'll be wrong, but they help stop this thing from running too far ahead of itself.

@electricwings   BM-GtyD5exuDJ2kvEbr41XchkC8x9hPxdFd
teflone

View Profile
December 24, 2011, 03:33:09 AM

While Nagle was a bit over the top - some grumpy realism as provided by proudhon is a valuable damper on the irrational exhuberance and groupthink that can arise within a community.

We need some Bear perspectives.  Sometimes they'll be wrong, but they help stop this thing from running too far ahead of itself.

I fail to see how the same endless rant is any help?

Please go forth and find any thought provoking input from him thats not about how bitcoin will tank.

For Canadians by Canadians: Canada's Bitcoin Community - https://www.coinforum.ca/
mjcmurfy

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2011, 04:47:55 AM
Last edit: December 24, 2011, 05:18:14 AM by mjcmurfy

How about we make a chart for Proudhon-agle, we'll call it "STFU already, we know where you stand, save your breath"

Seriously, if you gave half as much effort in bitching and whining about how bitcoin will fail into your personal life, you'd be a lot better off..

You're the epitome of misery loves company..  Spread your cheer somewhere else..

This whole thread has been a massive circle jerk for the bulls, full of vainglorious boasting and childish berating of Nagle. Proudhon then weighs in with a very subdued bearish opinion and you jump right down his throat with vicious personal attacks? That was not a justified response. It seems like what he is saying might be stirring up some cognitive dissonance. Maybe you should re-evaluate your position and stop venting your frustration on others. What exactly is it that you had hoped he would learn? To keep his trap shut?

While I might not agree with proudhon in the long term, I think he has more than enough justification for his outlook, and he is entitled to his opinion just like you. 6 months of sliding is a very strong trend, and it can not be disproven by a single datapoint. It is foolish to think otherwise. This might be the early stages of a market reversal, however that is anything but certain right now. Surely you must realize how easy it is for someone with a large enough holding to manipulate this market to create false signals in the charts and technical indicators?

These uncertainties should not be dismissed so casually. I am not even nearly convinced yet. I have been long since 2.2 and didn't sell at 4.5, but I now find myself hovering tentatively over the sell button more and more as the days pass.

http://www.bitcointorrentz.com/images/bct_button_117_30.png - BitCoinTorrentz.com: High-speed HTTP torrent downloads. 0.05 btc/gb. Up to 50% discount with free membership!
teflone

View Profile
December 24, 2011, 05:17:21 AM

This whole thread has been a massive circle jerk for the bulls, full of vainglorious boasting and childish berating of Nagle. Proudhon then weighs in with a very subdued bearish opinion and you jump right down his throat with vicious personal attacks? That was not a justified response. It seems like what he is saying might be stirring up some cognitive dissonance. Maybe you should re-evaluate your position and stop venting your frustration on others. What exactly is it that you had hoped he would learn? To keep his trap shut?

While I might not agree with proudhon in the long term, I think he has more than enough justification for his outlook, and he is entitled to his opinion just like you. 6 months of sliding is a very strong trend, and it can not be disproven by a single datapoint. It is foolish to think otherwise. This might be the early stages of a market reversal, however that is anything but certain right now. Surely you must realize how easy it is for someone with a large enough holding to manipulate this market to create false signals in the charts and technical indicators?

These uncertainties should not be dismissed so casually. I am not even nearly convinced yet. I have been long since 2.2, but I find myself hovering tentatively over the sell button more and more as the days pass.

Meh, I'm over it.  I forgot the ignore button existed.

proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
December 24, 2011, 05:30:21 AM

I own up to the fact that I have been over the top in the past, and so I think some of your response is deserved because of my posting history, but I think I've toned things down quite a bit and have tried to be more realistic in my admittedly bearish approach.  Look, I do think it's remarkable that we've had, what, a little over a month now of consistent and healthy price increases.  That's fantastic, and I'd love nothing more for it to continue at this moderate pace.  But, what I'm saying is, even at a month, it may be a bit early to tell whether we've fully reversed.  It isn't entirely unlikely somebody holding a lot of coins will want to cash out, and if it happens at the right time, with the right people watching it could very well be the spark that moves us down again.  I think the project is still overcoming significant trust issues.  A lot of progress has been made.  Services are much, much more robust and secure than 6 months ago.  That's fantastic.  But there's still a long way to go.

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2011, 12:22:56 PM

Good grief man, do you get this mad at everyone who has a different opinion than you?

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 24, 2011, 01:51:00 PM

+1 for Proudhon. You're my favorite bear.  I'm bullish now, but I really appreciate the counterbalance you add to what would otherwise be mostly an echo chamber.  You consistenly bring up relevant information.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
ineededausername

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
December 24, 2011, 02:40:25 PM

+1 for Proudhon. You're my favorite bear.  I'm bullish now, but I really appreciate the counterbalance you add to what would otherwise be mostly an echo chamber.  You consistenly bring up relevant information.

+1.  Proudhon's rational bearish views bring balance to this forum (unlike what he used to do, which was just trolling, and his turnaround there merits another +1)

(BFL)^2 < 0
naima53

Activity: 616
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 24, 2011, 04:08:40 PM

+1 for Proudhon. Now it is necessary to be very careful !

Donate me) 16f6iWHHkVEnDReeBQPT9GwCNwUfPTXrp2
teflone

View Profile
December 24, 2011, 04:49:56 PM

Personally Im more ticked off after his "enlightenment".

Talk about wool pulled over your eyes, hes the same troll, nothing has changed..

Just because he publicly declared how "over the top" he was, he still has not changed..

No one is allowed to have a different opinion than me!  Tongue

notme
Legendary

View Profile
December 24, 2011, 04:53:39 PM

So you would prefer an echo chamber where no dissenting opinions are allowed?  I really don't see him as a troll.

teflone

View Profile
December 24, 2011, 04:57:18 PM

So you would prefer an echo chamber where no dissenting opinions are allowed?  I really don't see him as a troll.

If you think the "bitcoin demise" is an empty chamber.. than you need to clean your ears out..  We have enough nay sayers.

Repeating the same shit over and over and over... trollish behavior

notme
Legendary

View Profile
December 24, 2011, 05:01:01 PM

Got it.... Teflone is a troll.

teflone

View Profile
December 24, 2011, 06:10:53 PM

Cheesy

Well at least your listening..

smickles

Activity: 446

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2011, 01:46:30 AM

Cheesy

Well at least your listening..
I swear, every time I see your current avatar, all I see is the trollface

Sannyasi

Activity: 454

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2011, 02:12:30 AM

Didn't Atlas disappear around the same time.....?

1DxP5iL6hN5Gd3cwmDz9uFSntW8ALBQaGK

http://gamerkeys.net/common/home.htm <- the best place to get games!

my portfoio: http://windowsofamind.com
teflone

View Profile
December 25, 2011, 04:21:54 AM

Its freakin Jack!!  Cheesy

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: