Bitcoin Forum
July 13, 2024, 08:20:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What Do You Like Best About Bitcoin And Which Coin is Second Best?  (Read 265 times)
Cryptomultiplier

Activity: 840
Merit: 197

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2024, 01:24:47 PM

As for second best, I'd say it's Ethereum. It's second best as an investment, it has a big community which makes it seem more reliable than many other coins, and it's been around for a long time as a consistent #2 after Bitcoin.
Some people would think that their's no second best to Bitcoin well they might be partially right cause if you check the community behind Bitcoin and how it's price has attained some certain level, you'll see that there's no other Cryptocurrency that comes closer but then I won't leave out Ethereum, ETH might be no where close to BTC but it has value and it's market value is okay as Well and I believe if Bitcoin never existed, ETH would've been the best Cryptocurrency asset for investment. However, I love Bitcoin for it's transpiracy, it's blockchain is the most confidential block explorer used as a search tool for crypto transactions and I consider it the best Cryptocurrency asset that anyone would think of holding for a long term purpose, I picture Bitcoin as the future of money and we'll see how possible it come be in future.

If BTC had never existed , ETH would never have appeared because all altcoins were created based on bitcoin , copying ideas from bitcoin and even ETH.
I'm not a bitcoin maximalist but I have to admit that bitcoin is the best and only currency we should own long term and for our actual uses. The rest of the market is no different from speculation , so we need to be more careful instead of looking for another coin to put our trust in instead of bitcoin. ETH may not be close to bitcoin but it is really big but that is not enough for me to have long term faith in it . The crypto industry is very new and things are developing very fast and anything can happen so I wouldn't put my hopes on any other project other than bitcoin.
Well, Bitcoin is the father of all existing Cryptocurrencies and with the popularity that it's name has garnered among investors and non investors, it stands among one of the best currencies in the world with a sure hedge against inflation and with it being a good store of value as time progresses.

If one is considering investing in assets that is privately owned and obscure from those around, Bitcoin ranks more than gold or any other physical asset in this regard and with it being more secure and private, am sure any true investor can build up wealth in silence until it is time to liquidate or diversify into more physical assets.

I think Etherum comes second to none both with its own original idea that serves a purpose for both NFT and non NFT users.

CryptoHeadlineNews

Activity: 1022
Merit: 717

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2024, 05:54:16 PM

What do you like best about BTC and other coins? Which has been your favorite and second-best?
Just as everybody has diverse reasons why they chose Bitcoin over every other cryptocurrencies in the world, when it comes to me, I can proudly say that the very why single-handedly chose to invest in Bitcoin was due to the ability it gives me the privilege to prevent my funds from inflation over time, because with the long term growth rate  of Bitcoin, it's obvious and a visible proof to have got a good Return Of Investment far better than when funds kept in our traditional bank in form of fiat. Which depending on the type of currency, it's always prone to huge inflation, hence making the money lose it's market value.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Viscore

Activity: 3108
Merit: 651

View Profile
July 12, 2024, 06:47:04 PM

What do you like best about BTC and other coins? Which has been your favorite and second-best?
Just as everybody has diverse reasons why they chose Bitcoin over every other cryptocurrencies in the world, when it comes to me, I can proudly say that the very why single-handedly chose to invest in Bitcoin was due to the ability it gives me the privilege to prevent my funds from inflation over time, because with the long term growth rate  of Bitcoin, it's obvious and a visible proof to have got a good Return Of Investment far better than when funds kept in our traditional bank in form of fiat. Which depending on the type of currency, it's always prone to huge inflation, hence making the money lose it's market value.
Having an inflation protection is certainly one of the best advantages of bitcoin, along with its decentralization and higher security. However, mine is that bitcoin can create transactions any time and anywhere, as long as there is sufficient internet connection which allows it successful transaction. And add to it is its durability. The fact that bitcoin will stay for long, as long as the digital area will always be there to serve as its safe storage.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
Onyeeze

Activity: 574
Merit: 175

View Profile
July 12, 2024, 06:58:48 PM

What people like most about bitcoin is because of the technology in the blockchain and the investment is properly and it has not power to increase at any point despite that it works with a demand and the supply so when you come in terms on comparison with altcoin I have not seen any coin that you can use to compare to it for both increment and decrement, what I know very well is that the coin that second Bitcoin is ethereum network when you come for valuation, so in altcoins I have not seen any coin that can be use to be compared with bitcoin and all altcoins is having dominance through ethereum.

darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 1352

Don't let others control your BTC -> self custody

View Profile
July 12, 2024, 07:46:26 PM

I honestly don't see any second best.
Some people say it's ETH because of its market cap, but it has a lot of flaws. ETH is tied to its founders Buterin and Rubin. They're both dumping their personal stash on the market to fund other projects.
Long time ago I used to own some LTC but I dumped it all when I saw that the founder dumped his stash and distanced himself from the project. When someone doesn't believe in his own coin and prefers USD or whatever else, the project has no future.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███