Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:59:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] LTC InstaWallet & source  (Read 13434 times)
g2x3k (OP)

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

PooL-X.eu

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2011, 01:48:28 PM
Last edit: July 04, 2013, 12:00:52 PM by g2x3k

happy to announce new side project with someguy123 http://wallet.it.cx/

its still in testing but shuld be working dont deposit major amouts yet to but feel free to help test it Smiley

currently recoding alot of it to database backend other then litecoind itself and support for multi litecoind´s then will most likely be put on github

http://PooL-X.eu/ join the crew, bring your slaves
http://wallet.it.cx/ Instant LTC Wallet service

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
someguy123

Activity: 336
Merit: 254

CEO of Privex Inc. (www.privex.io)

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2011, 10:52:37 PM

Further Information:

Litecoin Instawallet is to be a service similar to the Bitcoin Instawallet, with a nice design via bootstrap, and of course uses the nice brand new alternate cryptocurrency LITECOIN!
Our instawallet service currently features:
  • INSTANT sign-up, no information required, at all. Simply hit "give me an address" and you have yourself a nice address, ready to send or recieve litecoins from
  • Hosted on a dedicated server, ran by g2x3k.
  • SECURE Authentication - You get a nice strong 20 character keycode as your "password" which is alphanumeric lower and uppercase, extremely hard to bruteforce.
  • SECURE Code Design - Designed by me and g2x3k, the code uses PDO's prepared statements to prevent possible SQL injection, and plus there's plenty of sanitization to prevent any intrusion via the "send litecoins" feature, there's very little chance that someone is going to be able to find an exploit in our system, we'll even give you a 500 LTC reward if you do find an exploit and report it to us, that's how much we trust our code
  • SPEED - At the moment, all transactions are instant, sending payments are generally instantaneous, and received LTC shows up straight away as well

NOTE: The wallet system is currently under major development behind the scenes - Streamlining the code, adding load balancing, implementing an internal MySQL transaction database to lower the strain on litecoind, as-well as many other improvements

Recovery Details
If you have lost your keycode for whatever reason, and it contained a large amount of LTC, please contact me on IRC:
  • irc.freenode.net
  • #pool-x.eu
  • My nickname is Someguy123, PM me with your IP address, as well as an estimated balance in the account, and I will try my best to verify ownership of your account, and get your LTC back in your hands

BrBoy

Activity: 453

View Profile
December 19, 2011, 11:09:20 PM

Nice to see a LTC Instawallet.
RaggedMonk

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 19, 2011, 11:15:50 PM

Very cool, I've been waiting for something like this to pop up.
CAMOPEJB

Activity: 132

View Profile
January 11, 2012, 04:25:43 AM

Nice work!
We need more of those LTC services!

I'm not familiar with Bitcoin Instawallet so can you give me use case for LTC InstaWallet?
someguy123

Activity: 336
Merit: 254

CEO of Privex Inc. (www.privex.io)

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2012, 06:29:41 PM

Nice work!
We need more of those LTC services!

I'm not familiar with Bitcoin Instawallet so can you give me use case for LTC InstaWallet?

Lets say you're not at home, and you need to be able to access your Litecoin wallet just to receive some LTC from a friend, because they're not going to be available to send you the money for a while if you left it:
But you're not at home and you don't know your own LTC address fully, so instead you grab an instawallet, write down the key on a piece of paper for when you get home, and ask them to send the LTC to your instawallet.
Then once you're home, you can send the LTC from your instawallet to your real LTC wallet.

Or, lets say you're introducing a new user to litecoin, and they don't want to download the full client and all the blocks...
Instead, you give them the link to LTC Instawallet, and they can then just jump right in using that instawallet address.

1QaZxSw2

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 14, 2012, 01:00:29 AM

So your LTC instawallet is tied to your IP?

What happens when someone tries to access this via a corporate firewall? Will everyone at IBM get the same wallet since their IP would appear identical to you?

Also is guessing the URL the only security feature? In that case, will you at least block an IP if they try to guess too many urls? and again what happens if someone from inside a corporate firewall is trying to guess wallet urls? Do you plan to block the entire company?

The reason bitcoin instawallet http://instawallet.org works is because a new address is generated on each access. I really think this is the only secure model.

Personally, I think instawallets are great but LTC would also need a permawallet (such as http://blockchain.info/wallet for bitcoins)

g2x3k (OP)

Activity: 147

PooL-X.eu

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2012, 07:17:09 PM

tied to ip wtf ? no ? .. all its "tied" to after being random generated is a browser session ... that recreates when visiting again using the link ..

and ye ips trying to bruteforce address are banned..

and no the bitcoin wallet and this works the same way if you keep using the link provided to you you have a wallet there for usage with the same address .... and this can be used as "perm" wallet aswell word instant is just to say dont have to download client+blockchain to get an address

http://PooL-X.eu/ join the crew, bring your slaves
http://wallet.it.cx/ Instant LTC Wallet service
drewtaz

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 16, 2012, 08:13:12 PM

Site appears down.
1QaZxSw2

Activity: 89

View Profile
February 16, 2012, 09:54:21 PM

tied to ip wtf ? no ? .. all its "tied" to after being random generated is a browser session ... that recreates when visiting again using the link ..

and ye ips trying to bruteforce address are banned..

and no the bitcoin wallet and this works the same way if you keep using the link provided to you you have a wallet there for usage with the same address .... and this can be used as "perm" wallet aswell word instant is just to say dont have to download client+blockchain to get an address

Ok, thanks for the clarification.

What I meant by permawallet is that you really cant depend on the identity part to be a security check. For example: what if you adopt the position that an arbitrary string can be used as a username on a system and it would never need a password?

If the entity that serves as the identity cannot be changed such as username, email address or a url, then its obfuscation is no security. Bookmarks etc can be read from browsers by third parties.

True security comes from keeping identity and securing device (password) separate and being able update the password on a regular basis.
moocow1452

Activity: 240

Don't mind me.

View Profile
March 26, 2012, 01:32:35 AM

Any chance of an API? Screwing around with the Bitcoin Instawallet, and instant confirms on wallet-to-wallet transfer could be incredibly useful for getting paid quicker. 
Tittiez

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 02, 2012, 03:47:03 AM

Site is down!
EskimoBob
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank

View Profile
April 03, 2012, 01:47:55 PM

Let me give you a idea, how to expand it and make it more useful.

You have the InstaWallet functionality and you can plug that in to the picture anywhere.

Idea is simple. I (or you)  as merchant  do not want to deal with all the BS involved with wallet, running *coind etc.
I have my shop(s) and I want someone else to worry about securing my money/*coin.
I also have no wish to set up trading accounts etc to convert payments to fiat (sorry, but fiat rules the world at the moment, no matter how exited and sweaty some of the enthusiasts get over *coin.)
For me, LTC, BTC etc are not the new currencies but a new and hopefully cheaper methods of transferring funds.

So, to make adapting *coin as painless as possible, I like to see a "hub" and a working plugin for my FOS shopping cart software X that takes care of all that and I, as a business, can concentrate on what I do well (sell shit on the net? or what ever you do).  Smiley
My business in NOT secure wallets from dipshitt hacker criminals and find current exchange rate from the exchanges. I like you to provide this as a service to me (or any business, who uses *coin). We need The Coin Hub (tm)! 

This is simplified sketch of the service I am talking about.
FOS shopping cart A... = plugin for most common online shop software like OS Commerce etc

If you think, you can build it, please let me know and I like to participate in this project.

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
BTW, Things in BTC bubble universes are getting ugly....
tatsuchan

Activity: 182

View Profile
April 05, 2012, 10:10:52 PM

Neat idea...but sadly the website is down
Tittiez

View Profile
April 06, 2012, 02:59:20 AM

I could really use the site right now if it were up.
moocow1452

Activity: 240

Don't mind me.

View Profile
April 06, 2012, 03:56:29 AM

Let me give you a idea, how to expand it and make it more useful.

You have the InstaWallet functionality and you can plug that in to the picture anywhere.

Idea is simple. I (or you)  as merchant  do not want to deal with all the BS involved with wallet, running *coind etc.
I have my shop(s) and I want someone else to worry about securing my money/*coin.
I also have no wish to set up trading accounts etc to convert payments to fiat (sorry, but fiat rules the world at the moment, no matter how exited and sweaty some of the enthusiasts get over *coin.)
For me, LTC, BTC etc are not the new currencies but a new and hopefully cheaper methods of transferring funds.

So, to make adapting *coin as painless as possible, I like to see a "hub" and a working plugin for my FOS shopping cart software X that takes care of all that and I, as a business, can concentrate on what I do well (sell shit on the net? or what ever you do).  Smiley
My business in NOT secure wallets from dipshitt hacker criminals and find current exchange rate from the exchanges. I like you to provide this as a service to me (or any business, who uses *coin). We need The Coin Hub (tm)! 

This is simplified sketch of the service I am talking about.
FOS shopping cart A... = plugin for most common online shop software like OS Commerce etc

If you think, you can build it, please let me know and I like to participate in this project.

Trying to do something similar with a website that can take an instawallet URL and cash it out as Paypal within seconds, with possibly a browser extension or a javascript embed that can pull from your balance with one currency to accept another that you would otherwise never use, be it BTC, LTC or PP.
ysoliman

Activity: 85

View Profile
April 09, 2012, 05:01:30 AM

Sounds great, but as mentioned above, the site is down at the moment.
Tittiez

View Profile
April 10, 2012, 07:44:36 PM

I'd really like for it to be up, I have some 3000 coins on my wallet (May not be much, but for a poor guy like me its a lot).
Tittiez

View Profile
April 17, 2012, 12:19:46 AM

Bump :/
terrytibbs

Activity: 560
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 17, 2012, 12:25:30 AM

I'd really like for it to be up, I have some 3000 coins on my wallet (May not be much, but for a poor guy like me its a lot).
This isn't good. I'll see to it you get your funds.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: