Bitcoin Forum
July 16, 2024, 09:59:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I was looking for sites like wayback machine and found something cool  (Read 20 times)
thrillainvanilla (OP)

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 11, 2024, 08:32:55 AM
Last edit: July 12, 2024, 12:38:30 PM by thrillainvanilla

To give you some context, I started collaborating with a cool startup. These guys are almost done setting everything up. Now, we're building a strategy to keep track of their website changes, monitor competition, archive social media posts, etc. Anyway, I made a point that the wayback machine won't really cut it, and we are looking into alternatives. I have nothing but appreciation for this piece of history, it's just that for building your own archive as a business - there are better and more reliable ways. Anyway, I often have fun on wayback machine, which led me to look up this forum there. I found that it's been archived there since 2011. So, I entered a couple of random captures from 2012 and 2013 - oh boy, it really felt like a time machine took me, well, way back. It was fascinating reading the old conversations. My nostalgia went through the roof seeing posts about Windows 7 and reading old jokes!
whatspopping

Activity: 30
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 11, 2024, 02:41:47 PM

Cool! Heading there right now. Watch me spend two hours digging through history  Grin Hope you found what you were initially looking for, considering all the distractions  Grin
thrillainvanilla (OP)

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 11, 2024, 02:45:15 PM

I did, thanks. And have fun, it is addictive (at least for me)!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: