Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:43:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: bitcoin-otc, how to register?  (Read 1915 times)
predic (OP)

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 19, 2011, 02:50:14 PM

I am newbee to chat also, not only to bitcoin, so, I don't understand how to register and use bitcoin-otc?
their userguide is for experienced users, I don't know how to find gribble and how to register to be able to trade?

I know how to generate gpg keys and how to upload to some server. but this gribble is problematic for me. and will this gribble show my real IP address? if yes, how to register with proxy? if gribble is webbased chat or something like that, then I can change proxy settings in my web browser. if it is some software, I hope I will be able to hide IP.

debit cards websites are companies registered in London by Lithuanians who demand from you your phone, ID and utility bill, that's enough for them to make offshore companies on your name without your knowledge and they can get a bank account and make financial crimes on your name, or they can simply sell IDs. don't give to anyone too much info.
why they need more than your ID when your local bank demands only ID?
don't use coinbase, they are NSA spying shit, they make database of people that use bitcoins.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
December 19, 2011, 10:37:15 PM

I am newbee to chat also, not only to bitcoin, so, I don't understand how to register and use bitcoin-otc?
their userguide is for experienced users, I don't know how to find gribble and how to register to be able to trade?
You just have to type /msg gribble command-here

I know how to generate gpg keys and how to upload to some server. but this gribble is problematic for me. and will this gribble show my real IP address?
Yes, as will IRC, itself.

if yes, how to register with proxy? if gribble is webbased chat or something like that, then I can change proxy settings in my web browser. if it is some software, I hope I will be able to hide IP.
For that, you'd want to look online for a guide that tells you how to connect to freenode with a proxy. If I recall, it requires you to initially have someone register an account for you before freenode will let you connect behind a proxy. I know its been mentioned on the forums here before, too, so there's a good starting point.

predic (OP)

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 20, 2011, 06:54:51 PM

thank you for answer, for all people in the future, who have similar problem, here is good video tutorial:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYJ-GdErX1c

and short tutorial: http://plasticliving.blogspot.com/2011/05/bitcoin-otc-quickstart-guide.html

debit cards websites are companies registered in London by Lithuanians who demand from you your phone, ID and utility bill, that's enough for them to make offshore companies on your name without your knowledge and they can get a bank account and make financial crimes on your name, or they can simply sell IDs. don't give to anyone too much info.
why they need more than your ID when your local bank demands only ID?
don't use coinbase, they are NSA spying shit, they make database of people that use bitcoins.
ducktape

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 22, 2011, 04:45:55 AM

Thanks for the video and the information OP.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: