Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:57:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: You guys are doing it wrong ;)  (Read 3931 times)
RHCwebhosting (OP)

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 04:52:56 PM

I see many new threads of people shorting Bitcoin at current prices. The time to short was on the way down from $800 to $450, this is supposed to be when those shorts are covered! (At least that's what I'm doing). Judging by the sentiment here and the oscillators on the 1day, 3day and 1week scales, the capitulation bottom occurs within 8 days, then it's all green as bears begin the old denial dance, attributing the rise to "whale manipulation"

Careful out there, don't get fleeced by Mr. Market Wink Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DhaniBoy

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 06:22:25 PM

I see many new threads of people shorting Bitcoin at current prices. The time to short was on the way down from $800 to $450, this is supposed to be when those shorts are covered! (At least that's what I'm doing). Judging by the sentiment here and the oscillators on the 1day, 3day and 1week scales, the capitulation bottom occurs within 8 days, then it's all green as bears begin the old denial dance, attributing the rise to "whale manipulation"

agree with you
just HOLD, don't panic sell your BTC

who is mr. market? someone who try to control market price?

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
keystroke

Activity: 900
Merit: 1014

advocate of a cryptographic attack on the globe

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 06:55:54 PM

agree with you
just HOLD, don't panic sell your BTC

who is mr. market? someone who try to control market price?

Mr.  Market is a slang term for the overall market. He attempts to take from the masses. Smiley this is a somewhat competitive game after all.

"The difference between a castle and a prison is only a question of who holds the keys."
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 07:04:31 PM

We are much closer to the bottom than the top.
Why isn't that obvious to more people?

windjc
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 07:09:09 PM

What oscillators are you using?
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 07:12:36 PM

What oscillators are you using?

Mr. Market's premium oscillators? 

RyNinDaCleM
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1009

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 07:50:53 PM

This should tell you something

Hint... It's called bullish divergence. Until it's neutralized, it is a buy signal
It's even more prevalent on the hourly, and is slightly visible on the daily

hailtopitt

Activity: 29

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 07:54:13 PM

I'm desperate for bitcoin to go back up.  I stand to lose everything.  When do you think we see bitcoin climb steadily?  It's been on the decline for months now.  HELP
Zule

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 07:57:22 PM

I'm desperate for bitcoin to go back up.  I stand to lose everything.  When do you think we see bitcoin climb steadily?  It's been on the decline for months now.  HELP
I know whats gonna happend, but I thnk its better not to tell you, you might try something
hailtopitt

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 08:07:05 PM

I know whats gonna happend, but I thnk its better not to tell you, you might try something

You think it's going to zero huh?
RyNinDaCleM
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1009

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 08:11:01 PM

He's either trolling you or just messing with you. It's not going to zero

600watt
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 08:28:02 PM

after it peaked around 260 last april i saw posts similar to yours. it went down and down, - i had invested when it was around $ 135,- and it went down to the seventies after it. i felt hopeless and saw many hopeless posts.

it went over 1k a few months later.

don´t worry. if it is really bad, it will take 12 - 18 months to recover. i think it will be be back up sooner than that.

Anima

Activity: 63

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 08:29:38 PM

I'm desperate for bitcoin to go back up.  I stand to lose everything.  When do you think we see bitcoin climb steadily?  It's been on the decline for months now.  HELP

Some bullish long term targets regardless of bad news recently

EDIT: fixed link

Best regards from Anima - proud member of the Radix team.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 08:31:02 PM

Why the desperation? Do you have bills to pay or do you just want a quick payoff?

I think it'll be a good while before we're back over $1000 but the weight behind the ecosystem grows daily as do the number of scumbags being cast aside.
hailtopitt

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 08:36:04 PM

Why the desperation? Do you have bills to pay or do you just want a quick payoff?

I think it'll be a good while before we're back over $1000 but the weight behind the ecosystem grows daily as do the number of scumbags being cast aside.

Yes I will need to sell within the next few months to pay some bills.  I owe the IRS and therefore am going to be behind budget for some time to come.  Also need some summer tires.  I just need bitcoin to go up within the next few months.  I can't wait a year.  I'm so desperate.  And I'm not as informed as some here.  What I don't understand is in October and November we'd see huge drops but just as quickly we'd see huge gains.  They all seemed to come pretty close to each other.  If it dropped $100 in a day, no problem because within a day or two it'd go right back up and maybe even higher.  This time around it's a GRIND.  And the only fast movements seem to be down, not up.  The only quick rise was that bounce up to around $700 a few weeks back.  Other than that it's been very depressing for someone in my position. 
Anima

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 08:36:09 PM

People tend to buy into the hype, and buy when things are overbought thinking of quick profits.. it's not without reason you should not invest more than you can afford to loose - then you avoid making hasty decisions.

T.Stuart

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

One Token to Move Anything Anywhere

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 08:39:46 PM

Unless the Bitcoin protocol is totally and utterly destroyed by some ridiculously improbable act of God and all the devs mysteriously perish, Bitcoin will not go to zero now.

Hell, I don't even think it is going to go any lower than this really. Just look at what happened last year. Very close to the same pattern. Nothing fundamental has changed at all; we're still in the same pattern of adoption, hype cycles, disasters, etc.

The bubbles, pops, ups, downs... it's natural market movement and not controlled by any one entity. This might sound foolhardy but to me it's like watching a well-potted plant grow, in the greenhouse without any major diseases etc. This is just my opinion but don't worry.

███████████████▄▄▄                     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄                     ▄█████▀
████████████████████▄                ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄                 ▄█████▀
              ▀▀█████▄             ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄             ▄█████▀
                 █████▌          ▄█████▀ ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄         ▄█████▀
                 ▐█████        ▄█████▀     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▄█████▀
                 █████▌      ▄█████▀         ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄ ▄█████▀
              ▄▄█████▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████████▀
████████████████████▀    ▄█████▀     ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▀
███████████████▀▀▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█▀
                                    ▀███████▀
                                      ▀███▀
                                        ▀
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
.◆ ◆ ◆ ONE TOKEN TO MOVE ANYTHING ANYWHERE ◆ ◆ ◆.
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
Anima

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 08:42:26 PM

Yes I will need to sell within the next few months to pay some bills.  I owe the IRS and therefore am going to be behind budget for some time to come.  Also need some summer tires.  I just need bitcoin to go up within the next few months.  I can't wait a year.  I'm so desperate.  And I'm not as informed as some here.  What I don't understand is in October and November we'd see huge drops but just as quickly we'd see huge gains.  They all seemed to come pretty close to each other.  If it dropped $100 in a day, no problem because within a day or two it'd go right back up and maybe even higher.  This time around it's a GRIND.  And the only fast movements seem to be down, not up.  The only quick rise was that bounce up to around $700 a few weeks back.  Other than that it's been very depressing for someone in my position. 

This time some serious things have happened which has caused the price to go down.. china outlawed bitcoins and MT. Gox going down - allthough MT. gox from what i've read has been a dead man walking for a long time - people not able to withdraw their funds etc etc.

Just wait.. i've only been into bitcoin since december (mid december was my first purchase - just before the crash LOL) and from what i've learned, if the price comes down quickly, it will come up quickly. Bitcoin has seen much darker times with the trolls making bitcoin go to very low value back in the day.. bitcoin has overcome these difficulties and the team behind bitcoin and the expansion of btc-related startups seems to indicate that bitcoin, allthough very bearish in short term, will become very bullish again.

And next time: don't invest more than you can afford to loose!

gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 08:43:40 PM

I'm desperate for bitcoin to go back up.  I stand to lose everything.  When do you think we see bitcoin climb steadily?  It's been on the decline for months now.  HELP

Yes I will need to sell within the next few months to pay some bills.  I owe the IRS and therefore am going to be behind budget for some time to come.  Also need some summer tires.  I just need bitcoin to go up within the next few months.  I can't wait a year.  I'm so desperate.  And I'm not as informed as some here.  What I don't understand is in October and November we'd see huge drops but just as quickly we'd see huge gains.  They all seemed to come pretty close to each other.  If it dropped $100 in a day, no problem because within a day or two it'd go right back up and maybe even higher.  This time around it's a GRIND.  And the only fast movements seem to be down, not up.  The only quick rise was that bounce up to around $700 a few weeks back.  Other than that it's been very depressing for someone in my position.  

If your time frame is the next few months I think the scope for relief is likely to be OK. It's not going to do anything fun for a while but some very exciting developments are rumbling away in the background that'll make everything that went before it look like amateur hour.

If you had to pay your taxes a couple of days from now then it would be time to panic. Is your average cost per coin significantly higher than now or just a bit?
pungopete468

Activity: 1470
Merit: 504

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 08:52:09 PM

Cost average yourself; if your average cost per coin is higher than $700 right now then buying will make a BIG difference right now.

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████