Bitcoin Forum
August 05, 2024, 08:15:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What's your risk preference during any investment in cryptocurrency?  (Read 69 times)
Cryptomultiplier (OP)

Activity: 854
Merit: 200

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2024, 11:04:04 PM

*Would it be too risky to HoDL or accumulate cryptocurrency for long term, by acquiring or diversifying into altcoins or tokens, besides Bitcoin?

*How high is the risk for you to HODL, accumulate or diversify to altcoins instead of Bitcoin?

*What's your risk preference during any investment in cryptocurrency?

BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3332
Merit: 3071

BTC price road to $80k

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2024, 11:57:52 PM

I think it depends on the altcoin or project you are planning to invest but if you were talking about other altcoins under the top 10 coins they are not risky to invest.
If you found an altcoin or a token that has a long perspective and has a solid team and developers then that is a good coin or token and good for long-term investment Memes are not included since they don't actually have a use but if you get it for free from airdrops why not hold them.

Since we saw some altcoins just dying and some of them ended up rug pulls it is still risky to invest in a random project you need to do research before you invest and understand their whitepaper if it has a long-term perspective. Any crypto on the market has a risk you just need to be careful to a new project.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Obari

Activity: 686
Merit: 507

I buy all valid country Gift cards swiftly.

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2024, 01:02:20 AM

I think it depends on the altcoin or project you are planning to invest but if you were talking about other altcoins under the top 10 coins they are not risky to invest.
Please permit me to say that all coin are risky but it all depends on how much risk you’re willing to take that’s why it is always advisable to invest only amount you can afford to lose.
Bitcoin itself isn’t even a safe haven for everyone that is why it is always advised that people should do their own personal research before jumping on any project even bitcoin inclusive so you wouldn’t have to blame anyone for any shortcomings that’s if there be one.

@op, I don’t know why you are seeking to get wanting to compare bitcoin and other coin and if maybe you’re trying to diversify to make mic more profit then you should also be prepared to make much more losses if anything goes wrong.
Over the years, bitcoin has proven itself that it has come to stay, and I don’t see it going anytime soon

Invest in bitcoin if you can but always do your own research (DYOR)

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
BlackBoss_

Activity: 714
Merit: 423

Rollbit is for you. Take $RLB token!

View Profile
July 16, 2024, 02:55:49 AM

*Would it be too risky to HoDL or accumulate cryptocurrency for long term, by acquiring or diversifying into altcoins or tokens, besides Bitcoin?

Even Bitcoin is risky for your investment and accumulation. Altcoins, besides Bitcoin, are more risky and I don't advice to accumulate altcoins and HODL them. With most of altcoins, if you HODL them, especially through bearish months, you lose money and even in a next bull market, they won't recover. Bitcoin always recovers and makes new ATHs in new bull markets but many altcoins don't.

*How high is the risk for you to HODL, accumulate or diversify to altcoins instead of Bitcoin?
Don't use more than 10% of your capital for altcoins and with altcoins, you must afford to lose money with them.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Nheer

Activity: 546
Merit: 519

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2024, 11:39:37 AM

Cryptocurrency generally is a risky investment as a result of its volatile nature but when Hodling for a long period the risk tend to be reduced. Of all coins bitcoin is the one with lower volatility and less risk so when diversifying into altcoins you need to be careful which of them you invest in because their volatility level differs. Altcoins accumulation can be very risky despite having high potential for profits, they are not reliable.

Preferably i will stick to bitcoin investment but if i must invest in altcoins for a long period i would rather invest in top alcoins which i don’t think i can. Investing in alcoins for me will be for a short period so i don’t stick around till the project starts depreciating and probably lose it’s value and die off.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Zanab247

Activity: 1274
Merit: 175

Catalog Websites

View Profile
July 16, 2024, 11:54:32 AM

I will prefer to take BTC risk in any investment, because BTC still remain the top coin among other cryptocurrencies and whenever the price of BTC is pumping in the market, it also cause other cryptocurrencies to pump longside with BTC.

I know all the cryptocurrencies investment has risk, but I will not advise anyone to take long term hodling with altcoins because we have seen a lot of altcoins that disappeared from the market in the past because the team behind the altcoins are weak teams. I didn't say you will not make profit from altcoins when you invest, but hodling it for long years, it can make hodlers to regret when they visit the market and discover that the altcoin is no longer in the market, but as a newbie take the risk you can afford to let go in any cryptocurrency investment.

████████████████████     BitList     ████████████████████
Real-Time Data Tracking Curated by The Community
│     List #kycfree Websites     │
Solosanz

Activity: 882
Merit: 631

View Profile
July 16, 2024, 01:56:17 PM

Sorry to say, accumulate or DCA-ing altcoins is a dumb move because altcoins high unlikely will perform good in the long run.

If you invest mainly in Bitcoin and you want to buy altcoins, I wouldn't call it as a diversification since if Bitcoin price drops, altcoins will drops too. The point of diversification is to prevent all of your investment down at once, the only diversification in cryptocurrency is stable coin (but what's the point to hold fiat).

Only buy altcoins when you want to earn short term profit or staking for specific period.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
sunsilk

Activity: 2996
Merit: 625

View Profile
July 16, 2024, 02:18:31 PM

Holding, and accumulating Bitcoin is risky already so, if you're going to hold more altcoins and diversify into them, you're adding more risk to yourself.

The risk that Bitcoin has upon holding it is lesser than the altcoins.

I'd invest more in Bitcoin and been holding it. I've got some altcoins but they're from the top but it's been so long since they've been stuck and I have not added any amount to those.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: