Bitcoin Forum
July 16, 2024, 11:39:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: With the hash rate rising to 635 EH/s, have you stopped mining?  (Read 31 times)
shanhaigamefi (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 5

View Profile
Today at 01:42:08 AM

A more alarming statistic is that just two mining pools, Foundry and Antpool, were responsible for mining 54% of all Bitcoin blocks in the past year.
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 2631

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
Today at 02:15:15 AM
Merited by philipma1957 (2), ABCbits (1)

^ that is nothing new and hardly worth discussing anymore. The size of major farms does not even enter into the equation and has NOTHING to do with your topic...

As for mining - yes I still mine because for the most part, only 2 things should govern that:
Is it legal in your country?
Do you have cheap electric power?

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome!  3NtFuzyWREGoDHWeMczeJzxFZpiLAFJXYr
 -Sole remaining active Primary developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
FP91G
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1065

View Profile
Today at 07:28:36 PM

Have you noticed that quiet home miners for Bitcoin have not been produced for a long time?
This is because Bitcoin mining has long since become industrial, and a small home miner no longer has a big impact. If his energy tariff allows him to make a profit, then he will mine, if not, then he will turn off the ASICs.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: