Bitcoin Forum
August 25, 2024, 02:12:28 PM *
News: All versions of Windows are affected by a critical security bug; make sure you update.

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What Is The Advantage Of Project Owning Its Blockchain?  (Read 48 times)
AltLord (OP)

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 16, 2024, 12:53:51 PM

Hey guys... I think the crypto space is smiling better since BTC printing green candles and it's definitely feels better for most believers.

If there is a trend worth noting it has to be the rise of TON and all the GameFi on it's blockchain.

I'm kinda curious to know what advantages a projects get when they own their own custom blockchain. The likes of Solana, TON, Ethereum, OMax, Polygon etc... are good examples and I believe the financial incentives alone will probably not be the only criteria.

I would like to learn more from your expertise guys... Thanks!
betswift
Copper Member

Activity: 168
Merit: 3

View Profile
July 19, 2024, 08:55:13 AM

In my opinion, the technical flexibility is also a huge factor for the chains that you mentioned. They can implement features that aren't possible on shared chains. For example, OMAX brings optimization in front for faster and cheaper transcations, as this can be very useful for users and developers alike. I would also note that it can be done for building an identity within the project, to stand it out of the crowd.

HootChain

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2024, 11:00:37 AM

Owning a dedicated blockchain offers distinct advantages over relying solely on a token:

• Full Control: A project has complete autonomy over its blockchain's rules, governance, and scalability, allowing for tailored solutions.
  • Enhanced Security: By managing the entire infrastructure, projects can implement robust security measures, protecting sensitive data and assets.
  • Scalability: Dedicated blockchains can be optimized for specific use cases, avoiding congestion and improving transaction speeds.
  • Innovation: Without limitations imposed by external blockchains, projects can experiment with new features and technologies freely.
  • Cost Efficiency: In the long run, owning a blockchain can lead to reduced transaction fees and operational costs.

While tokens can facilitate fundraising and community engagement, a project's own blockchain provides a more comprehensive foundation for building sustainable and scalable applications.

Their is lot more to talk about on this topic. Like incase token on solana chain, if SOL price goes down for today then most likey 95% of its token will also see big red candles. Where as coin with its own blockchain surely effected by overall crypto market it's price will not follow any particular blockchain.
goldkingcoiner
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1916

Verified Bitcoin Hodler

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2024, 01:33:50 PM

I know you're asking about the advantages but when talking about native aka custom blockchains, you should first consider the disadvantages.

Does the project even need its own blockchain? How much development funds and security funds are going towards the blockchain?

I would rather trust a known, tried and tested blockchain than hope that the new one doesn't flop.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████████████████████████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███