Bitcoin Forum
August 08, 2024, 09:25:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Invitation to the "Bitcoin Forum Metaverse" artwork project  (Read 368 times)
1Dq (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 425
Merit: 1228

Crypto Artist

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2024, 04:21:01 PM
Merited by The Sceptical Chymist (5), Pmalek (3), ABCbits (2), Halab (2), bitbollo (1), dkbit98 (1)

Hello.

I'm 1Dq, this forum’s dedicated Bitcoin artist (mostly active in this forum's Collectibles board) that made these:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5216743.0

Besides creating quality Bitcoin-related art I also like working with different kinds of people.
In 2019 I started the first BTCtalk’s collective project in which we put our minds and efforts together and
(continuing in 2024) created Bitcollector.
It was all about gathering Bitcoin physical artifacts and artworks and about the person collecting them.

The project ended successfully with a canvas painting and 21 prints.
It showed us that we can cooperate and have fun discussions that produce a quality product.
Recently, we begin our second and bigger project to go a step or two further.

I INVITE YOU TO JOIN

Bitcoin forum’s 2nd collective artwork with 1Dq, titled

BITCOIN FORUM METAVERSE

As you know, 22nd November 2024 is Bitcoin forum’s 15th Anniversary.

This board has not gotten enough credit for all it has contributed, developed, researched, educated and otherwise done for everybody it connects.
I propose to make a visual representation of everything it means to us in the form of a big, detailed painting.
It will serve as a monument in this time and can help people identify, glorify, connect and celebrate this place we are all co-creating every day.
This artwork can be used for any of BTCtalk’s 15th anniversary events!

For basis, we can use my digital artwork, I created for BTCtalk’s 10th anniversary artwork competition:

10 Years of Constructing the Future, 2019, Photoshop, max res 3000x4000pix

I painted the Bitcoin forum as a futuristic world that is under permanent construction.
In the background is the huge tower that stretches towards the skies and has a big BTC on its side.
Below it are the (robot) inhabitants, doing their forumy things, from trading, discussing, educating, collecting… In the bottom right is Theymos, overlooking things.

Above artwork is just a starting point.
With everybody’s ideas and knowledge it can be completely redone and that’s where the fun begins!

WHAT IS OUR TASK?

We need to rebuild my 5 year old artwork from ground up into an updated, more relevant, bigger and better painting.

My job will be to first curate the discussion and then visualize what we have brainstormed.

To begin, I suggest everybody ask themselves questions such as:

What got me on this board and why I stayed here?
What do I love most about it?
What have I learned here?
How do I visualize my existence here?
What does this forum remind me of?
What are the most meaningful facts about BTCtalk?
Is there anything I don’t like here and what is it?
What question do I want to ask everybody here?

And then post your thoughts in the comments either below here or in the project's main thread:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5501779.0

HOW AND WHEN ARE WE DOING THIS?

I will track the project in 5 phases:

PHASE 1 (NOW - July, August): Posting all kinds of different ideas, from conceptual, to details, promotion, title, style...

PHASE 2 (August, September): I start visualizing our rough concept through one or more digital sketches.
We evaluate these together until we come to a consensus for how we'd like the finished artwork to appear.
We also determine in what way my work and the effort of all included will be rewarded and how the artwork and prints will be sold.

PHASE 3 (September, October): I work on the actual artwork, updating you regularly. We promote the project to all interested, especially on Btctalk.
Changes might still be made to final artwork.

PHASE 4 (October, November): The finished artwork and prints are put on sale/auctions/raffles and/or other means of distribution for compensation.

PHASE 5 (November, December): Final act of the project when we evaluate it and debate developing future projects.

We have already started PHASE 1!

HOW DOES ONE JOIN THE PROJECT AND WHAT DOES JOINING MEAN?

You join simply by contributing something useful either in this thread,
the OG project thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5501779.0
or privately via DM.
It can be through ideas, technical tips or some other help about the concept, the execution, this thread or anything you feel like commenting.

Anyone that will contribute a useful post will be granted some merit (usually 1-3)
and might get some sort of a bonus in the end like free shipping for a print they buy.

Top contributors will get their nicknames incorporated into the artwork’s unique visual code,
that you can check on Bitcollectors bottom left corner (more about the code later).

PROMOTION

To make this project big and artwork truly epic, I'd like to invite everybody from all parts of this forum to come join[/b],
or at least take a peek at what we are developing.
I wouldn’t limit this to members of this forum, this can be a good opportunity to draft new people here,
especially since this artwork will embody this forum’s greatness!

And I’d also ask our admins for help.
It would be awesome if we could get a shoutout on the news bracket!
If anyone can help with that, please let me know.

TLDR;

I'm painting a new artwork that's all about the Bitcoin Forum as a futuristic world.
You are invited to join in its brainstorming.
We will redo my 5 year old digital artwork (scroll above) into a new acrylics on canvas.
You can participate by sharing ideas on what to visualize from the overall atmosphere to details.
By 22th November, the canvas and prints will be sold and we will celebrate BTCtalk's 15th anniversary.

This is the project's main brainstorming thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5501779.0,
but you can also share your ideas in this one.

Cheers!

>>> Bitcoin Forum's Artist <<<
AVE5

Activity: 266
Merit: 123

View Profile
July 17, 2024, 09:29:38 AM
Merited by 1Dq (3)

Saying the forum hasn't really actualized an excellent recognition based on its global contributes, that's true infact, with how much this forum has has expanded its initiative, I bet if even a lengthy recognition or rewards wouldn't still perfect enough to fill the well deserved pool because bitcointalk forum has been doing more than enough of simplifying the complexity of the global economy structures, education, politics and Societies etc and creating feasible visual future.
So to my content of creative thought pertaining the celebration of the 15th anniversary of this forum, I'm thinking if those platforms that has or are running ADs and signature campaigns and even the decentralized and centralized exchanges could run ADs for us in respective of this anniversary using the designed artworks to representing the forum and bitcoin at large so that the celebration would go viral in Speculations.
That'd serve as more attractions to the fortune of this forum and bitcoin at large just as earlier said.

1Dq (OP)
Copper Member

Crypto Artist

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2024, 03:14:55 PM

Saying the forum hasn't really actualized an excellent recognition based on its global contributes, that's true infact, with how much this forum has has expanded its initiative, I bet if even a lengthy recognition or rewards wouldn't still perfect enough to fill the well deserved pool because bitcointalk forum has been doing more than enough of simplifying the complexity of the global economy structures, education, politics and Societies etc and creating feasible visual future.

Exactly. And since at least members know that we can and should celebrate this fact.
It's pretty obvious how me as an artist will do it...  Grin

...with the valuable help of you, fellow members of course!

So to my content of creative thought pertaining the celebration of the 15th anniversary of this forum, I'm thinking if those platforms that has or are running ADs and signature campaigns and even the decentralized and centralized exchanges could run ADs for us in respective of this anniversary using the designed artworks to representing the forum and bitcoin at large so that the celebration would go viral in Speculations.
That'd serve as more attractions to the fortune of this forum and bitcoin at large just as earlier said.

So you're thinking we could ask these platforms for sponsorship of sorts?
That seems very logical and should be on the list for this project's next step.

Can you just please expand a bit more on how that would make it viral in Speculations?

Thank you for your thoughts AVE5!

AVE5

View Profile
July 17, 2024, 05:20:39 PM

Exactly. And since at least members know that we can and should celebrate this fact.
It's pretty obvious how me as an artist will do it...  Grin

...with the valuable help of you, fellow members of course!

So you're thinking we could ask these platforms for sponsorship of sorts?
That seems very logical and should be on the list for this project's next step.

Can you just please expand a bit more on how that would make it viral in Speculations?

Thank you for your thoughts AVE5!

Believably this bitcointalk forum is a reputable platform operating in a transparent system alike as bitcoin blockchain mechanism that's literally why the digital and technological platforms are being interested to run AD deals with us (bitcointalk.org) as a medium to expand and have their platforms recommendable to the public and that's right.
It's really working out accordingly that's why we still have more platforms and organisations liasing with us and the most reasons why big companies have been on long term liaise with this platform.
This forum has served as most recommended forum to crypto enthusiasts at large and not just bitcoin enthusiasts. So also, this platform has been a reliable format by which even audience with an interesting discussion unrelated to crytop discussions are being recommended to this platform to get legitimate informations or doing their verified researches.
If you're reading me well Op, I'm trying to emphasize about the power of this platform and how it has gain positive trusts which is attracting industrial and organisational platforms including individual interests to engage on liasing with this platform.

It'd even serve as more attractions if those past and present platforms that has been supported by this platform to merge on this quest with the other reputable exchange platforms which the expert users in the forum has been reviewed and recommended to users such as the beginners and help in the Crypto sphere.
We can ask them to contribute to this day 15th November 2024 event as we remarks the anniversary of this bitcointalk platform and that too would trigger an approach for the above platforms to enhance their services as being regarded.
So the content of the artworks should have expressions that this forum isn't only fostered on bitcoin discussion but with the perceive art look indicating the external platforms being had deals with this platform (bitcointalk).
Also, I'm visualizing if we can get artworks looking like bitcointalk.org which is representing bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies where it's having handshakes with those external platforms which represents a deal with associates and also where this platform in a diagram is extending a lengthy handshakes towards the audience which means this forum signifying bitcoin is touching and changing lives positively in the Societies.

AVE5

View Profile
July 17, 2024, 05:50:35 PM

This is really going to be logical like you said and admit that I might not be able to make the expression to your best of understanding but just calm with readability there you might have some basic figure of the logic.
Definitely with an approach with those platforms, the tendencies of their support to this event would not only offer benefits to the bitcointalk forum but also to them respectively because audiences who have heard about bitcointalk has tied their trust to believe platforms that is being recommended by the platform (bitcointalk) based on the forums reputations and influence.
So likely, it's a format of speculating the anniversary event and also a hedge to provide trusts and attractions to those platforms as the event ceremony keep going viral.

Alone055

Activity: 1148
Merit: 235

Catalog Websites

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2024, 07:44:25 PM
Merited by 1Dq (3)

The curiosity to learn more about Bitcoin got me here, and what made me stay was the environment that was full of knowledge, more than any other place/platform over the internet at that time.

Everything, I guess. This forum is the ultimate location for me to get anything about cryptocurrencies, be it market knowledge, updates about what's happening around the industry, knowledge or information about a specific wallet, error, or anything in general that you can think about, you can get everything here. If something isn't readily available, you can ask about it and you will get the problem solved.

Again, everything. Each and everything that I know about Bitcoin or cryptocurrencies or this whole industry, it all started from this forum because I came to know about Bitcoin from faucets, and then I joined this forum soon after that, and when I joined, I didn't know anything about Bitcoin other than what it is and how it can be stored.

I don't know. I'm not much of a character here if you ask, I try to contribute as much as I can, but if it's about visualizing my existence, I'm not really sure about that.

Good old days.

It's the epitome of knowledge about this industry but most people don't realize it because it's not very visually appealing. People these days love visuals more than texts, and this forum is all about texts and reading.

Spammers, shills, and other stuff like that, but I believe those aren't related to the forum itself. There is nothing that I dislike about the forum.  Smiley

"How many Bitcoins do you have?"  Grin

████████████████████     BitList     ████████████████████
Real-Time Data Tracking Curated by The Community
│     List #kycfree Websites     │
1Dq (OP)
Copper Member

Crypto Artist

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2024, 09:15:08 AM
Merited by vapourminer (1)

Thank you for expanding more on the topic, I'll try to covey it into the visual as best as I can.

The curiosity to learn more about Bitcoin got me here, and what made me stay was the environment that was full of knowledge, more than any other place/platform over the internet at that time.

Everything, I guess. This forum is the ultimate location for me to get anything about cryptocurrencies, be it market knowledge, updates about what's happening around the industry, knowledge or information about a specific wallet, error, or anything in general that you can think about, you can get everything here. If something isn't readily available, you can ask about it and you will get the problem solved.

Again, everything. Each and everything that I know about Bitcoin or cryptocurrencies or this whole industry, it all started from this forum because I came to know about Bitcoin from faucets, and then I joined this forum soon after that, and when I joined, I didn't know anything about Bitcoin other than what it is and how it can be stored.

I don't know. I'm not much of a character here if you ask, I try to contribute as much as I can, but if it's about visualizing my existence, I'm not really sure about that.

Good old days.

It's the epitome of knowledge about this industry but most people don't realize it because it's not very visually appealing. People these days love visuals more than texts, and this forum is all about texts and reading.

Spammers, shills, and other stuff like that, but I believe those aren't related to the forum itself. There is nothing that I dislike about the forum.  Smiley

"How many Bitcoins do you have?"  Grin

These are awesome, well articulated answers, thank you Alone055!

You probably nailed what a lot of members are sincerely thinking and now I'd love to hear other opinions constructed just like this!

Two answers got me most:

Good old days.

and

Did you mean this whole "forum" thing is at its basis very vintage nowadays?

For me this place has that solid feel that other social platforms lack - having the lenghthy written meaning be more important than short dramatic texts, fancy visuals and emojis.

It totally feels proper then to push the style of the painting into a more vintage science fiction from decades ago, like these:

I'll try to reimagine the upcoming sketches into a more stylistic vintage image.

I'll also post this in the main project thread as well as I think a lot of people will be interested!

Thank you and looking forward to more ideas.

Oh and I invite everyone to join the main project thread (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5501779.0) as well.

Later.

Pandorak

Activity: 210
Merit: 207

A Full Member who wants to become a ₿ maxi

View Profile
July 20, 2024, 01:01:44 PM
Merited by 1Dq (2), vapourminer (1)

The first time i heard a brief explanation about bitcoin, i was amazed and wanted to learn more, i went to various news platforms to learn, but it was not enough for me. Since then i whispered in my mind, ok Pandorak, let's go to the OG place, and then, i found this forum. I'm still here because i was able to find answers that i couldn't find on those normie platforms.

I can get A1 informations & the practices.

Quite a lot around bitcoin, you can say. Last time i learned about silent payment was on our local board.

Tiny entity, whatever it is.

I'm not sure what it reminds me of, Money Heist? of course not, because that's not what we're here for. I imagine that we are in an undetected place, and each of us is wearing a mask (just like in Money Heist), but the mask is different for each person, and each mask depicts what each person is doing in that place, some are educating, some are experimenting, etc.

Currently, people (including new adopters) may be more familiar with normie platforms, such as Cointelegraph, Decrypt or Coindesk, without them realizing that they can get more information about this industry through this forum, a forum that appears to be outdated, even though which is actually old but gold.

Altcoins board, it's all nonsense, they discuss the useless & can't take them to the next level of financial freedom, and don't forget there are also a lot of scammers & spammers.

Do you guys have any other questions for me? Cheesy

The Sceptical Chymist
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 6928

Top Crypto Casino

View Profile
July 20, 2024, 02:58:53 PM
Merited by 1Dq (3), vapourminer (1), PowerGlove (1)

As you know, 22nd November 2024 is Bitcoin forum’s 15th Anniversary.

Oh, man....I should have known this, but that's one of bitcoin's (extremely important) historical facts that never stuck in my brain.  I know what year bitcoin was unleashed upon the world along with the forum, but for some reason it just doesn't seem like it's been that long.  Members here who are in their 20s probably only knew a reality in which bitcoin and bitcointalk existed, and I don't think I've ever considered that--and to me it's mind-blowing.

Strong skepticism combined with a mild curiosity as to what all the hoopla was all about, as I'd keep reading about this crazy digital form of money, the value of which was more volatile than any other asset being traded.  Every time I'd do a search for bitcoin, inevitably some bitcointalk thread would be at the top of the search results.  When I read some of the threads, I saw that this forum was jam-packed with drama.  Not only that, but I could clearly see that members were allowed to express themselves however they wanted to.  My previous experience with discussion forums was that profanity, rudeness, and everything up to and including having your friggin' Windsor knot tied sloppily would be grounds for a ban.  I always hated that.

So I lurked in 2014 and kept waiting for bitcoin to be revealed as a huge scam.  Whoops!  As to why I stuck around, I'm going to confess with a beet-red face that it was to troll all of the awful, idiotic members who'd make posts that were incoherent, repetitive, or just baffled me as to why someone would write them (this was well before I found out what signature campaigns were).  The trolling did not last long, because I soon started learning what bitcoin really is and how different it was from prior digital forms of money like Flooz, which I remembered from the crazy late 90s Everything Bubble.  My outspokenness apparently caught people's attention, for better or worse, and I kinda-sorta became an oddball forum personality.  Wheee!!

If I'm honest?  The drama, the crazy news stories, battling shitposters, the lack of censorchip, and the consistency of the UI.  Oh wait, was I only supposed to pick one thing?  Eh.

Specific to the forum: things often aren't what they appear to be.  I'm thinking of members like master-P who'd been a very trusted member and pulled off a massive scam, and exchanges like Cryptsy and a few others (Mt. Gox was just a wee bit before my time) that so many people used without a second thought but ended their existence by absconding with their customers' funds.

A corollary to the above was: trust no one.  And yet through the years I've disregarded that pearl of wisdom over and over because I always hope for the best in people despite my knowledge that the crypto space is floor-to-ceiling, wall-to-wall scamming, scammers, attempted scams, and a whole bunch of disgusting larva in the cracks which would represent scammers to be.

Oh you know, there's a nice site called BPIP, and if my arthritic fingers type in my username I get a nice visualization:

Eighth most recognizedHuh  Lol, that's why I posted the above.  I don't see myself as any kind of popular member, and I sure as hell don't know 1/1000th of what most people here know about bitcoin.  I feel like a dribbling, drooling moron half the time--so much so that when I'm reading a thread that has anything remotely technical in it that might pique my curiosity or that I might have a question about, I just keep my fingers still and my mouth shut for fear of revealing my staggering ignorance to the millions of users here.  Heh.

Anyway, these days I try my best to be a decent merit source (always falling short, unfortunately) and I continue to give shitposters the flamethrower when I see them.  I hate to say it, but it feels like we're headed back to 2016 or so in terms of overall post quality.  Anyway.

High school, only if it consisted of faceless personalities and students from around the globe.  Sir, I am kidding you not.

Hmm, that's plural.  THE most meaningful fact would probably be that this is where everything kicked off and where Satoshi was a member.  I read Digital Gold by Nathaniel Popper, and I do recall that in his recounting of bitcoin's inception, our beloved forum was mentioned several times (though not by name if I recall correctly).

Maybe I'm answering a different question; I'm not sure.  I guess I could say that scammers are everywhere; many of the best and most memorable members have disappeared; most members post only to get paid....ah, but that's all negative stuff.  True, nevertheless.

Let's see.  Oh yes, the fact that incentivized shitposters and these days members who are just people using AI to write nonsense outnumber solid, knowledgeable members who know how to turn a sophisticated phrase or two (often with a sprinkle of humor and some genuine personality are outnumbered at a ratio I estimate to be at least 50:1.  That doesn't make for a great discussion forum sometimes.

It's a compound question.  How many genders do guinea pigs have, and is that number equal to that of human beings?

Or if you find that offensive: how many holes does a bowling ball have?
_______________________________________________________________________________ ______________________________

OP, I absolutely love your artwork!

███████████████████████
████▐██▄█████████████████
████▐██████▄▄▄███████████
████▐████▄█████▄▄████████
████▐█████▀▀▀▀▀███▄██████
████▐███▀████████████████
████▐█████████▄█████▌████
████▐██▌█████▀██████▌████
████▐██████████▀████▌████
█████▀███▄█████▄███▀█████
███████▀█████████▀███████
██████████▀███▀██████████

███████████████████████
BC.GAME
▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
▄▀▀░▄██▀░▀██▄░▀▀▄
▄▀░▐▀▄░▀░░▀░░▀░▄▀▌░▀▄
▄▀▄█▐░▀▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▀░▌█▄▀▄
▄▀░▀░░█░▄███████▄░█░░▀░▀▄
█░█░▀░█████████████░▀░█░█
█░██░▀█▀▀█▄▄█▀▀█▀░██░█
█░█▀██░█▀▀██▀▀█░██▀█░█
▀▄▀██░░░▀▀▄▌▐▄▀▀░░░██▀▄▀
▀▄▀██░░▄░▀▄█▄▀░▄░░██▀▄▀
▀▄░▀█░▄▄▄░▀░▄▄▄░█▀░▄▀
▀▄▄▀▀███▄███▀▀▄▄▀
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████
..CASINO....SPORTS....RACING..
█░░░░░░█░░░░░░█
▀███▀░░▀███▀░░▀███▀
▀░▀░░░░▀░▀░░░░▀░▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░█░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
░█░██░░███░░░█░██
░█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀

▄▄████▄▄
▄███▀▀███▄
██████████
▀███▄░▄██▀
▄▄████▄▄░▀█▀▄██▀▄▄████▄▄
▄███▀▀▀████▄▄██▀▄███▀▀███▄
███████▄▄▀▀████▄▄▀▀███████
▀███▄▄███▀░░░▀▀████▄▄▄███▀
▀▀████▀▀████████▀▀████▀▀
1Dq (OP)
Copper Member

Crypto Artist

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2024, 01:54:11 PM
Last edit: July 21, 2024, 05:32:13 PM by 1Dq
Merited by Pandorak (1)

I've got two big replies today.

The first time i heard a brief explanation about bitcoin, i was amazed and wanted to learn more, i went to various news platforms to learn, but it was not enough for me. Since then i whispered in my mind, ok Pandorak, let's go to the OG place, and then, i found this forum. I'm still here because i was able to find answers that i couldn't find on those normie platforms.

I can get A1 informations & the practices.

Quite a lot around bitcoin, you can say. Last time i learned about silent payment was on our local board.

Tiny entity, whatever it is.

I'm not sure what it reminds me of, Money Heist? of course not, because that's not what we're here for. I imagine that we are in an undetected place, and each of us is wearing a mask (just like in Money Heist), but the mask is different for each person, and each mask depicts what each person is doing in that place, some are educating, some are experimenting, etc.

Currently, people (including new adopters) may be more familiar with normie platforms, such as Cointelegraph, Decrypt or Coindesk, without them realizing that they can get more information about this industry through this forum, a forum that appears to be outdated, even though which is actually old but gold.

Altcoins board, it's all nonsense, they discuss the useless & can't take them to the next level of financial freedom, and don't forget there are also a lot of scammers & spammers.

Do you guys have any other questions for me? Cheesy

A lot of valuable information here on BTCtalk, thanks Pandorak!

You mentioned many times, how much one can learn here and it's definitely true and should somehow become part of the image.

Feeling like a tiny entity is also interesting, I might try painting a multitude of members somewhere in the back!

I'm also intending on placing certain activities "in the shades". Some may also be about alcoins...

Everything

Alright!

This was a lot to unpack for me and I'll do my best to abstract the most relevant elements for our project.

I like how you pointed out the negative aspects like trolling and scams but also the positive like trusting bitcoin as system, having fun and amount of information you can attain here.

Not sure how to feel about all the distrust you mention, but you made it clear in your experience it's a thing.
It's certainly an encouraging visuals topic!

AI posts and AI everything today is a problematic topic as well.
I'll write more about it in an upcoming post.

OP, I absolutely love your artwork!

Thank you very much!

I'll do my best to continue providing good Bitcoin art in the future.

Later.

Alone055

Activity: 1148
Merit: 235

Catalog Websites

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2024, 09:26:50 AM
Merited by 1Dq (2)

Did you mean this whole "forum" thing is at its basis very vintage nowadays?

Yes, the forum is vintage by its design and appearance and also by what's posted and discussed here. As I mentioned above, most people these days love visuals more than text, and we, the members of this forum, love texts, this might be the reason for many people not showing much interest in the forum even if they stumble upon it some time, but we love it this way.

For me this place has that solid feel that other social platforms lack - having the lenghthy written meaning be more important than short dramatic texts, fancy visuals and emojis.

Yes, but only if more people could understand this. This forum is less of a social platform and more of an informational space for Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies in general.

It totally feels proper then to push the style of the painting into a more vintage science fiction from decades ago, like these:

Maybe not completely like that, but for it to have a resemblance with the looks and characteristics of the forum, it needs to have a vintage feel to it, however, you are the artist, and you understand these things much better than me, of course.  Smiley

████████████████████     BitList     ████████████████████
Real-Time Data Tracking Curated by The Community
│     List #kycfree Websites     │
1Dq (OP)
Copper Member

Crypto Artist

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2024, 03:09:36 PM

Maybe not completely like that, but for it to have a resemblance with the looks and characteristics of the forum, it needs to have a vintage feel to it, however, you are the artist, and you understand these things much better than me, of course.  Smiley

I posted this concept art in the main thread yesterday:

It's style in development, but I feel I'm near to what I'm looking for.

I made more room for our ideas to manifest.

The transition to canvas will also make a difference in style and should make it look even more old-school.  Cool

The Sceptical Chymist
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 6928

Top Crypto Casino

View Profile
July 23, 2024, 04:42:57 AM
Merited by vapourminer (1)

I like how you pointed out the negative aspects like trolling and scams but also the positive like trusting bitcoin as system, having fun and amount of information you can attain here.

Not sure how to feel about all the distrust you mention, but you made it clear in your experience it's a thing.

Yeah, sorry for bringing all that negativity into my post--but after all these years, it's what I tend to see the most.  And all of that relates to the forum and not to bitcoin itself.

Distrust/mistrust should come with the territory when you're talking about crypto, since you can't appeal to a 3rd party for a refund once you've sent your coins.  And I don't know how frequently you've visited sections like Currency Exchange or Lending, but scammers are everywhere.  That's been true since before I registered, and it's also true in a lot of places outside of bitcointalk.  I've seen plenty of members get scammed because they thought a member with green trust could actually be trusted, no questions asked.  Unfortunately since there's a market for bitcointalk accounts, you might not be dealing with who you think you're dealing with.  That goes along with what I said about things not always being what they appear to be.

Ah, I forgot to mention that I really liked the numismatic aspect of the first sketches in the OP, e.g., the guy inspecting a coin with what might be some kind of loupe, and the table filled with collectibles.  Nicely done.

███████████████████████
████▐██▄█████████████████
████▐██████▄▄▄███████████
████▐████▄█████▄▄████████
████▐█████▀▀▀▀▀███▄██████
████▐███▀████████████████
████▐█████████▄█████▌████
████▐██▌█████▀██████▌████
████▐██████████▀████▌████
█████▀███▄█████▄███▀█████
███████▀█████████▀███████
██████████▀███▀██████████

███████████████████████
BC.GAME
▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
▄▀▀░▄██▀░▀██▄░▀▀▄
▄▀░▐▀▄░▀░░▀░░▀░▄▀▌░▀▄
▄▀▄█▐░▀▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▀░▌█▄▀▄
▄▀░▀░░█░▄███████▄░█░░▀░▀▄
█░█░▀░█████████████░▀░█░█
█░██░▀█▀▀█▄▄█▀▀█▀░██░█
█░█▀██░█▀▀██▀▀█░██▀█░█
▀▄▀██░░░▀▀▄▌▐▄▀▀░░░██▀▄▀
▀▄▀██░░▄░▀▄█▄▀░▄░░██▀▄▀
▀▄░▀█░▄▄▄░▀░▄▄▄░█▀░▄▀
▀▄▄▀▀███▄███▀▀▄▄▀
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████
..CASINO....SPORTS....RACING..
█░░░░░░█░░░░░░█
▀███▀░░▀███▀░░▀███▀
▀░▀░░░░▀░▀░░░░▀░▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░█░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
░█░██░░███░░░█░██
░█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀

▄▄████▄▄
▄███▀▀███▄
██████████
▀███▄░▄██▀
▄▄████▄▄░▀█▀▄██▀▄▄████▄▄
▄███▀▀▀████▄▄██▀▄███▀▀███▄
███████▄▄▀▀████▄▄▀▀███████
▀███▄▄███▀░░░▀▀████▄▄▄███▀
▀▀████▀▀████████▀▀████▀▀
1Dq (OP)
Copper Member

Crypto Artist

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2024, 10:10:26 AM

Yeah, sorry for bringing all that negativity into my post--but after all these years, it's what I tend to see the most.  And all of that relates to the forum and not to bitcoin itself.

Distrust/mistrust should come with the territory when you're talking about crypto, since you can't appeal to a 3rd party for a refund once you've sent your coins.  And I don't know how frequently you've visited sections like Currency Exchange or Lending, but scammers are everywhere.  That's been true since before I registered, and it's also true in a lot of places outside of bitcointalk.  I've seen plenty of members get scammed because they thought a member with green trust could actually be trusted, no questions asked.  Unfortunately since there's a market for bitcointalk accounts, you might not be dealing with who you think you're dealing with.  That goes along with what I said about things not always being what they appear to be.

Ah, I forgot to mention that I really liked the numismatic aspect of the first sketches in the OP, e.g., the guy inspecting a coin with what might be some kind of loupe, and the table filled with collectibles.  Nicely done.

You're not the only one pointing out negative aspects of a free place like BTCtalk.

Scams, trolling and spamming is part of this world and they will somehow be incorporated into the artwork.

AmaGold70

Activity: 85
Merit: 22

View Profile
July 30, 2024, 10:06:37 PM
Merited by 1Dq (1)

My quest to learn and pass knowledge about Bitcoin got me here and I stayed because there are very useful information about Bitcoin here

Learning about crypto and everything about it free of charge, you don't have to pay a dime to learn about Bitcoin in this forum because everything you need is written down by a user already.

I haven't learned much here but at least I have basic knowledge about how Bitcoin works and I know that with time I will be an expert.

Well I'm still a newbie and a novice at that so I think it's too early to visualize my existence in the forum. I hope to answer this question without hesitation in my one year anniversary here.

It reminds me of school (Lol) I'm not even joking, the learning and reading never stops here, there's always a new topic to explore each day.

Abundance of information and knowledge passed on from old users to new users.

I can't really tell if there's anything I don't like here for now, or maybe I don't like the criticism/harsh words here.

Who is Satoshi Nakamoto? Where is he? I'd like to meet him/her it would be a her, who knows?
sotelorene

Activity: 322
Merit: 53

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
July 31, 2024, 09:07:38 PM

Firstly, I want to congratulate you for the wonderful work you have done and the time or years you spent just to make this visible and presentable to the forum but I guess most persons haven't seen this thread or come across it because the title may not interest them to take a look or open it because sometimes what attract most persons is the title of something, it has to be something that someone can not see and pass by without wanting to know what is contained in that article. Secondly I want to comment on the artwork I mean is very nice and it actually relate to the forum, I wish it's possible it wound have been use as the forum background perhaps you should share this thread link to have more member, who knows the artwork may attract them.

ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org     ElonCoin.org     ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org
●          Mars, here we come!          ●
██ ████ ███ ██ ████ ███ ██   Join Discord   ██ ███ ████ ██ ███ ████ ██
Mate2237

Activity: 812
Merit: 609

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2024, 05:11:18 PM

1Dq you are doing great in the forum. I have seen your great painting artwork in the forum. Thanks for your support for the project that you embarking on about the forum and it is also a way of marketing your artwork in the forum and to the world. I think the admin has pinned your thread on the forum News feed. And that is where I also saw the thread.

Artwork described and tell the real story of the event or pictured what happened in the historical time. That is why there are some artwork an artist did that he is only person or other artists understand the work. And ordinary people might be thinking otherwise. Nice work. Keep it up.
1Dq (OP)
Copper Member

Crypto Artist

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2024, 07:45:51 PM

My quest to learn and pass knowledge about Bitcoin got me here and I stayed because there are very useful information about Bitcoin here

Learning about crypto and everything about it free of charge, you don't have to pay a dime to learn about Bitcoin in this forum because everything you need is written down by a user already.

I haven't learned much here but at least I have basic knowledge about how Bitcoin works and I know that with time I will be an expert.

It reminds me of school (Lol) I'm not even joking, the learning and reading never stops here, there's always a new topic to explore each day.

Abundance of information and knowledge passed on from old users to new users.

I took liberty at stitching up what was most obvious in your answers - gathering information about Bitcoin.

Will try to incorporate this wealth of knowledge that is gathered and shared here, thank you!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: