Bitcoin Forum
August 20, 2024, 02:32:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How Are Transactions Made Through Merkle?  (Read 112 times)
ContentWriter (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 11

I report crypto news and write gambling articles

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2024, 02:59:33 AM

When you see this on the explorer, what does it mean?

"This transaction is made through Merkle and is not shared to the public transaction pool"

What do Elon Musk and Satoshi Nakamoto have in common?
nc50lc
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 5936

Self-proclaimed Genius

View Profile
July 19, 2024, 05:26:35 AM

Which blockexplorer in particular?
Can you give an example transaction that shows such message?

With the information provided in the OP, it makes little sense in terms of Bitcoin's protocol.
What I get from the limited info is: a service named "Merkle" has directly included a transaction to a block that it mined without broadcasting it to any of its peers' mempool.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
DifDrama

Activity: 35
Merit: 33

View Profile
July 19, 2024, 06:06:59 AM
Merited by ContentWriter (1)

This means the transaction is verified using a Merkle tree structure without broadcasting it to the public blockchain.
ABCbits
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 7796

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
July 19, 2024, 09:00:24 AM

When you see this on the explorer, what does it mean?

"This transaction is made through Merkle and is not shared to the public transaction pool"

"is not shared to the public transaction pool" probably means that transaction never broadcasted to any Bitcoin nodes and directly added on a block by certain mining pool. The other part doesn't make sense to me though.

This means the transaction is verified using a Merkle tree structure without broadcasting it to the public blockchain.

Your post doesn't make sense, you don't need Merkle tree structure tree to verify transaction. Although it's worth to mention SPV wallet use Merkle tree structure to verify whether certain transaction actually included in a block.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
ContentWriter (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2024, 11:22:57 AM

I know this is supposed to be a Bitcoin section, but it happened in an ETH explorer. I was windering if Merkel applies to ETH as in BTC. I intentionally used low fee for it before using a normal fee. The low fee tx didn't even show up initially: https://etherscan.io/tx/0x2e567e0b04a96b141a1c881382dffe64377a2e37d09188c28b775403b614c0b4

ContentWriter (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2024, 11:59:04 AM

So there's nothing I can do to make it beoadcast to public blockchain?

ranochigo
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 4370

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
July 19, 2024, 01:05:18 PM

I know this is supposed to be a Bitcoin section, but it happened in an ETH explorer. I was windering if Merkel applies to ETH as in BTC. I intentionally used low fee for it before using a normal fee. The low fee tx didn't even show up initially: https://etherscan.io/tx/0x2e567e0b04a96b141a1c881382dffe64377a2e37d09188c28b775403b614c0b4
That is not relevant to Bitcoin. Merkle is a service for Ethereum and their tokens: https://merkle.io/. It does not apply to Bitcoin and if you're able to see it on blockexplorers then it won't be 'private' anymore.

Actual private transactions are broadcasted directly to Bitcoin mining pools, but serves no advantage unless it is a non-standard transaction.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Stalker22
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1381

View Profile
July 19, 2024, 09:41:27 PM

But I still do not quite understand where you got that message you mention in the OP?  As ranochigo already mentioned, there is a private mempool service for Ethereum, BSC and Polygon networks called merkle.io - is that what you are referring to?

█████████████████████████
██
█████▀▀███████▀▀███████
█████▀░░▄███████▄░░▀█████
██▀░░██████▀░▀████░░▀██
██▀░░▀▀▀████████████░░▀██
██░░█▄████▀▀███▀█████░░██
██░░███▄▄███████▀▀███░░██
██░░█████████████████░░██
██▄░░████▄▄██████▄▄█░░▄██
██▄░░██████▄░░████░░▄██
█████▄░░▀███▌░░▐▀░░▄█████
███████▄▄███████▄▄███████
█████████████████████████
.ROOBET 2.0..██████.IIIIIFASTER & SLEEKER.██████.
|

█▄█
▀█▀
████▄▄██████▄▄████
█▄███▀█░░█████░░█▀███▄█
▀█▄▄░▐█████████▌▄▄█▀
██▄▄█████████▄▄████▌
██████▄▄████████
█▀▀████████████████
██████
█████████████
██
█▀▀██████████████
▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
    PLAY NOW    
ContentWriter (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2024, 12:25:14 AM

But I still do not quite understand where you got that message you mention in the OP?  As ranochigo already mentioned, there is a private mempool service for Ethereum, BSC and Polygon networks called merkle.io - is that what you are referring to?

I saw it on eth explorer few minutes after the tx

nc50lc
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 5936

Self-proclaimed Genius

View Profile
July 20, 2024, 04:15:45 AM

Okay, so it's as I expected and even applicable to my initial reply.

If it's related to Bitcoin's Merkle tree, it would've called exactly "merkle tree"
But the message is just "Merkle" with an uppercase starting character indicating a name instead of a term.
The service is simply taking advantage of a common term used in some cryptocurrency just like what Coinbase, Blockchain, etc. have been doing.

For the actual function, it's just a private mempool, analogous to a Bitcoin mining node that doesn't broadcast transactions that it accepted privately to other nodes.
But Bitcoin and Ethereum works differently so don't take it exactly like that.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
betswift
Copper Member

Activity: 154
Merit: 3

View Profile
July 22, 2024, 06:26:16 AM

Okay, so it's as I expected and even applicable to my initial reply.

If it's related to Bitcoin's Merkle tree, it would've called exactly "merkle tree"
But the message is just "Merkle" with an uppercase starting character indicating a name instead of a term.
The service is simply taking advantage of a common term used in some cryptocurrency just like what Coinbase, Blockchain, etc. have been doing.

For the actual function, it's just a private mempool, analogous to a Bitcoin mining node that doesn't broadcast transactions that it accepted privately to other nodes.
But Bitcoin and Ethereum works differently so don't take it exactly like that.

Thanks to you and others for explaning this question throughoutly! I had a good time finding out what OP actually meant Grin No offence, it was interesting nevertheless!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: