Bitcoin Forum
July 24, 2024, 02:22:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining OS, which one?  (Read 67 times)
Matt9301 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1009

View Profile
July 19, 2024, 03:50:19 PM
Merited by nc50lc (1)

Hi everyone, after a long time I am back in the forum to ask for your help.
I moved abroad and managed to get some GPUs for mining, they are dated, so they won't produce much, but it's just for fun since I don't pay electricity.

I own:
8x Radeon RX470 4Gb
1x Radeon RX580 4Gb
1x XFX RX580 8Gb
1x NVIDIA Asus GTX 660 2Gb

Almost certainly the NVIDIA is unusable, but with the others I think I can achieve a decent hash/s for fun. I have the possibility to have them all connected on a single Mobo and create a small mining rig.
Now my question is about which Mining OS is ideal for this setup. at the moment it seems that NicehashOS is the most intuitive and plug 'n play. I was also undecided whether to use Windows to have a gui and not do everything remotely.

My idea is to leave mining with a Profit-Switch system and, in addition to mine new coins when released at launch for a few days.

Do you have any advice for me on which MiningOs to use?

Thank you in advance.
FP91G
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1065

View Profile
July 21, 2024, 10:44:18 AM

Hi everyone, after a long time I am back in the forum to ask for your help.
I moved abroad and managed to get some GPUs for mining, they are dated, so they won't produce much, but it's just for fun since I don't pay electricity.

I own:
8x Radeon RX470 4Gb
1x Radeon RX580 4Gb
1x XFX RX580 8Gb
1x NVIDIA Asus GTX 660 2Gb

Almost certainly the NVIDIA is unusable, but with the others I think I can achieve a decent hash/s for fun. I have the possibility to have them all connected on a single Mobo and create a small mining rig.
Now my question is about which Mining OS is ideal for this setup. at the moment it seems that NicehashOS is the most intuitive and plug 'n play. I was also undecided whether to use Windows to have a gui and not do everything remotely.

My idea is to leave mining with a Profit-Switch system and, in addition to mine new coins when released at launch for a few days.

Do you have any advice for me on which MiningOs to use?

Thank you in advance.
The GTX 660 is unsuitable for mining even if it has 4 or 8 GB of memory, this is a very weak video card.
Next, use the calculator
https://www.hashrate.no/gpus
The RX470 and RX580 will give you a few cents of profit per day if your electricity costs 5 cents. If electricity is more expensive, then mining is no longer profitable.
On free electricity, the profit is 15-20 cents per day from a video card, but such a farm will consume about 1 kilowatt of electricity per hour.
I have been using Hive OS for many years, and I consider this system to be one of the best and they have excellent support and a large community.
You will always have one machining farm for free and there are no restrictions on the functionality of the OS.
Matt9301 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 21, 2024, 11:42:35 AM

The GTX 660 is unsuitable for mining even if it has 4 or 8 GB of memory, this is a very weak video card.
Next, use the calculator
https://www.hashrate.no/gpus
The RX470 and RX580 will give you a few cents of profit per day if your electricity costs 5 cents. If electricity is more expensive, then mining is no longer profitable.
On free electricity, the profit is 15-20 cents per day from a video card, but such a farm will consume about 1 kilowatt of electricity per hour.
I have been using Hive OS for many years, and I consider this system to be one of the best and they have excellent support and a large community.
You will always have one machining farm for free and there are no restrictions on the functionality of the OS.
Thanks for your reply, at the moment I'm already producing around 20 cents per day with 5 GPUs only.

I have free electricity fortunelly, I'm mining on NiceHashOS right now but, still doesn't understand how to use the GPUs in a custom pool sometimes in NiceHashOS.
igotek

Activity: 2100
Merit: 609

Online Security & Investment Corporation

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2024, 05:03:03 PM

I prefer HiveOS because it is user-friendly and so many updates...
I run 55 rigs.

I cannot live, I cannot die, trapped in myself.
Hold my breath as I wish for death. Oh please god, help me !
Matt9301 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 21, 2024, 06:41:27 PM

I prefer HiveOS because it is user-friendly and so many updates...
I run 55 rigs.
Is there a way to setup temporarly the rig to mine on a specific pool given by me?
FP91G
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1065

View Profile
July 23, 2024, 08:08:29 PM

Is there a way to setup temporarly the rig to mine on a specific pool given by me?
In HiveOS, you can manually configure any pool if it is not in the list.
Look at the mining calculator and switch mining to a more profitable coin manually, because 20 cents per day on 5 video cards is very little.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: