Bitcoin Forum
July 26, 2024, 10:21:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ban these users: Snork1979, leonello, ivan1975  (Read 120 times)
Nuburian (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 33

View Profile
July 19, 2024, 03:57:53 PM
Last edit: July 19, 2024, 07:31:32 PM by Nuburian

Forum users Snork1979, leonello, and ivan1975 have flooded the Russian part of the forum, specifically the "Politics" sub, with posts supporting Russia's terrorism against Ukraine's civilian infrastructure. They're literally cheering every time a Russian missile hits residential buildings and cancer hospitals in Ukraine. This malicious behavior has been going on for ages, like it's chronic. As a Ukrainian, it's sickening to read their constant gloating and delight in these murders. The admins can't do anything because, technically, they're not breaking any rules. Most of the time, they (especially the first two) post screenshots in Russian from Russian propaganda media — straight-up war propaganda narratives from Russia against Ukraine. They're counting on nobody on this forum using OCR to detect this stuff. Plus, they write a ton exclusively in the Russian locale's "Politics" section. Basically, these guys think they're "shaping public opinion" for anyone reading the forum in Russian.

I think an outsider might get the impression that "the entire Russian society adheres to these narratives" (the narratives of Russian propaganda — the fascist Kremlin's propaganda narrative). But that's far from the truth!

I think it's time to get rid of these toxic "wannabe influencers" they imagine themselves to be! Otherwise, IMO, an outsider might get the impression that this forum condones fascism and is breeding a new kind of fascism — "rashism." It's nothing but a deliberate distortion of reality. And they’re using this forum to achieve their goals.

There are several "enabling individuals" who act in the interests of these malicious personas — the most active among them is DmoZF3. I won't go into his methods today (I'll leave space for that in a future "reserve" post). And yeah, note that I'm not engaging in "political elimination of my opponents" — I'm all for pluralism of opinions. For example, in the Russian section, in the "politics" subforum, there's a user named be.open. Sure, he doesn't share my political views. But I have no issues with him — he clearly stated why he supports the "current government in Russia" (otherwise, everything he's achieved and his property would be at risk). Also, the aforementioned user isn’t reveling in civilian killings or broadcasting Kremlin propaganda. Unlike these three...

Admin theymos, please ban these malicious individuals! I feel like I'm starting to get worn out fighting against this twisted evil.

Edit.
Here are just a few quick examples where the three mentioned forum users are posting screenshots with narratives from the Kremlin’s fascist propaganda:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5417531.msg64113691#msg64113691
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5392838.msg64337345#msg64337345
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5417531.msg64201702#msg64201702
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5417531.msg64131202#msg64131202

Edit 2:
Please note that these individuals have instigators. However, they mostly don't read the English section of the forum. So, I have some time. I expect they'll start a campaign to discredit me soon. (That’s exactly why I left a "reserved" message).

Material is WIP

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ★  ★  ★  ★  ★  ★  ★  ★  ★  ★  ☆  ☆  ☆  ☆  ☆  ☆  ☆  ☆  ☆  ☆  ☆  ☆  ☆  ☆  ☆  ☆  ☆  ☆  ★  ★  ★  ★  ★  ★  ★   ★  ★   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
C H A M B Y  ✔ ✨  ✨║AIRDROP FOR BTT USERS  ✔...✨║✨     C  H  A  M  B  Y     ✨║ ✨...✔ 19.06.2024  -  19.07.2024 ║✨✨ ✔ C H A M B Y
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ★  ★  ★  ★  ★  ★  ★  ★  ★  ★  ☆  ☆  ☆  ☆  ☆  ☆  ☆  ☆  ☆  ☆  ☆  ☆  ☆  ☆  ☆  ☆  ☆  ☆  ★  ★  ★  ★  ★  ★  ★   ★  ★   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Nuburian (OP)

View Profile
July 19, 2024, 03:58:23 PM

[RESERVED]

C H A M B Y  ✔ ✨  ✨║AIRDROP FOR BTT USERS  ✔...✨║✨     C  H  A  M  B  Y     ✨║ ✨...✔ 19.06.2024  -  19.07.2024 ║✨✨ ✔ C H A M B Y
ditec_wrogn

Activity: 56
Merit: 4

View Profile
July 19, 2024, 05:11:16 PM

I want to start by saying that I'm writing this reply based on the assumption that all the information provided by Nuburian in their post is true. In light of the described behavior of users Snork1979, leonello, and ivan1975, I completely agree that it's high time for the moderators to ban these users.

Unfortunately, I must acknowledge that users who spread harmful propaganda and celebrate violence, like those mentioned, as well as scammers, usually don't face consequences for their actions.

From manual to automated: Taking down scammers with AI. Disclaimer, I am using a chatbot to create all threads and replies where I always review it.
Hazink

Activity: 174
Merit: 112

View Profile
July 19, 2024, 05:44:51 PM

As long as I understand that those people might speak against you, believe, or act like they don't have human sympathy, those are their own personal ways of thinking, and they have freedom of speech, which is exactly what I can say that they are expressing, and this forum creates room for that. 

Not saying that what they said about Russian invading Ukraine is a good thing, but all I see is a mere argument that doesn't break any of the forum rules that can lead to them being banned. As long as there is no direct threat from them to anyone, then I believe they are free to express themselves on what they believe.
Nuburian (OP)

View Profile
July 19, 2024, 05:56:01 PM

As long as I understand that those people might speak against you, believe, or act like they don't have human sympathy, those are their own personal ways of thinking, and they have freedom of speech, which is exactly what I can say that they are expressing, and this forum creates room for that.

Not saying that what they said about Russian invading Ukraine is a good thing, but all I see is a mere argument that doesn't break any of the forum rules that can lead to them being banned. As long as there is no direct threat from them to anyone, then I believe they are free to express themselves on what they believe.
They’re not just expressing their opinions (which can be anything, I agree). They’re acting in concert, spreading propaganda narratives, glorifying aggression and killings, and echoing the narratives of state-run Russian media and TV. By the way, these media are under sanctions. They’re directly using screenshots from fascist media. In other words, they are part of the propaganda themselves (and use this forum to broadcast it).

Aanuoluwatofunmi

Activity: 672
Merit: 416

View Profile
July 19, 2024, 06:41:40 PM

Wait... if all about this thread is on the discussion of politics concerning the happenings on Russia and Ukraine matters, then i don't think it warrant for ban because even when the war was at the tough of it occurrence and many were in support while some against, i can recall on numbers of fights that have erupted on this same matter and not a single person was banned as long as they are not violating on the rules and regulations of this forum, maybe you can move this thread to politics and society and if you think its more of concerned to you and you need intervention from other members to see into what they are saying, then move it to reputation board.
Nuburian (OP)

View Profile
July 19, 2024, 06:53:50 PM
Last edit: July 19, 2024, 07:04:12 PM by Nuburian

Wait... if all about this thread is on the discussion of politics concerning the happenings on Russia and Ukraine matters, then i don't think it warrant for ban because even when the war was at the tough of it occurrence and many were in support while some against, i can recall on numbers of fights that have erupted on this same matter and not a single person was banned as long as they are not violating on the rules and regulations of this forum, maybe you can move this thread to politics and society and if you think its more of concerned to you and you need intervention from other members to see into what they are saying, then move it to reputation board.
Seems like this has long gone beyond politics. There’s an unofficial network of Kremlin neo-fascist influencers in the Russian section of the forum. This story started long before 2022, even before 2014. Back then, no one would have believed it. And openly talking about it would’ve been dumb — you'd get tagged as a "tin foil hat" or something similar right away... (I'm tried). Pro-fascist influencer groups have always existed in the Russian-speaking net. It just feels like it's a bit easier to push back against them now. But I’ll reiterate, after 12 years, I’m burned out from fighting them. However, now there are useful tech solutions that can help, and the "status quo" has shifted — it’s easier to prove your point and dodge the disbelief ("tin foil hat" label).

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: