Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 05:10:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] BitcoinProc. A bitcoin implementation for developers.  (Read 1127 times)
Anonymous

December 19, 2011, 04:04:05 PM
Last edit: December 19, 2011, 10:04:02 PM by macintosh264

When you are developing a site that processes bitcoin transactions, like an e-wallet, an exchange, or anything else (merchant stuff), you have always had to deal with the limitations of bitcoind. No more! I have developed what I call BitcoinProc. It uses bitcoinj to combine the processing engine and the actual bitcoin client into one executable. This is a huge advantage for the processing engine. The engine provides much more than bitcoind could ever provide:

• Own storage of block chain in a single file
  • Stores the wallet in wallet.wallet
  • Better RPC commands (but rarely used!)
  • Javascript engine scripting (details below)
  • REALLY FAST blockchain download

Javascript engine scripting
So the engine provides something really important. You can write javascript that the engine parses and acts on. bitcoin.js is what I call it. This is an example of the javascript that you will be using:
Code:
//Javascript
host = new MainHostClass();
function systemStart() {
}
function addToWebpage() {
return "<center><h4>This is the script</h4></center>";
}
function newBlock(height) {
//Cool! New block
host.log("Cool! Got block " + height + " added to the chain");
}
function newPeer() {
//Cool! New Peer
}
function peerDied() {
//Awww... Peer died :(
}
function newTX(type, amount, address, id) {
//New TX!
}
function cycle() {
//Called every 3 seconds to keep everything alive
}
function shutdown() {
host.log("Javascript Shutdown");
}
This is my bitcoin.js that I use during the development. It is not even close to what it will be, but right now this is what it looks like. There will be APIs for MySQL, Twillio (SMS and Voice), direct Bitcoin info access, http requests (really simple wrapping), and access to the engine's webserver. This provides complete control of the engine without open sourcing it. The engine will be close source (except when you pay to access and modify (but not redistribute with or without profit) the source code) and priced as such:
  • 25btc - 1 site license
  • 100btc - 5 site license
  • 500btc - Unlimited usage
  • 1000btc - Full source code access (usage on 1 site)
  • 1250btc - Full source code access (usage on 5 sites)
  • 1500btc - Full source code access (usage on unlimited sites)

The engine will be up for sale within a couple months, and I am aiming for near the end of 1/12. Any feedback?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dogisland

Activity: 262
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 19, 2011, 06:53:02 PM

OK, good luck with this.

I'm the developer of StrongCoin for me to move over to your platform for the server side I would require.

1. Balances for an arbitrary address (not an address in a wallet)
2. Payment information for an arbitrary address i.e. unspent TX outputs in the best chain for an address (So I can create a transaction)
3. Transaction broadcast ability.

If I was a vendor selling items on a website I would need.

1. Ability to create a payment address
2. Notification when money arrives at the address. (By callback URL)
3. Ability to verify incoming payment is genuine.
4. For the money to be forwarded to an address in my wallet.

For bonus points I'd want it to be deployable to Heroku and be database independent.

I'm glad you're going with BitcoinJ you'll find it very easy to work with.

Anonymous

December 19, 2011, 07:58:23 PM

OK, good luck with this.

I'm the developer of StrongCoin for me to move over to your platform for the server side I would require.

1. Balances for an arbitrary address (not an address in a wallet)
2. Payment information for an arbitrary address i.e. unspent TX outputs in the best chain for an address (So I can create a transaction)
3. Transaction broadcast ability.

If I was a vendor selling items on a website I would need.

1. Ability to create a payment address
2. Notification when money arrives at the address. (By callback URL)
3. Ability to verify incoming payment is genuine.
4. For the money to be forwarded to an address in my wallet.

For bonus points I'd want it to be deployable to Heroku and be database independent.

I'm glad you're going with BitcoinJ you'll find it very easy to work with.

Response:
1. That is something in the plans
2. I would definitely look into that
3. Very easy

1. A given. A bitcoin.js api
2. I do not understand. Do you want my code to make a post request to a URL. All you would have to do in bitcoin.js is add a line that says to do a http post/get
3. Using the green address standard? I could make an API for that
4. To send from bitcoin.js, trivial.
Anonymous

December 19, 2011, 08:03:23 PM

I will be adding an API for access to memcached, as that is how bitcoin debit used to work, and how it still works now (with the new owner). Everything can be set from bitcoin.js. I also got the discovery method to be changed via your bitcoin.js (I am now thinking about doing a settings.xml file), ex IRC, DNS, Static, etc...

And I am looking into what heroku is. Could you please explain.
Anonymous

December 19, 2011, 08:17:57 PM

More bitcoin.js ideas:
Code:
btc = new BitcoinHost();
//Get new address
host.log(btc.getNewAddr());
//Get transactions for address
var transactions = btc.getTransactions('randomAddress');
for (transaction in transactions) {
     host.log(transaction.amount());
}
//Save wallet to file
host.saveWallet();
//This is done by the system every 3 second cycle, but if you would like to do this manually, you can.
Opinions?
old_engineer

Activity: 387

View Profile
December 22, 2011, 02:26:25 AM

My 2 satoshis worth: I suggest that you open source the project, and monetize your investment in time by making yourself available as a consultant to support businesses using your package, either at an hourly support rate, or by offering yearly support contracts.

With a project like Bitcoin, there are a large number of potential users that simply will not use a closed-source project, and you'll make more money and get more users if the project is open-sourced.  The first users are alpha/beta testers anyway, and shouldn't have to pay for the privilege of debugging your software.
Anonymous

December 22, 2011, 03:13:37 AM

My 2 satoshis worth: I suggest that you open source the project, and monetize your investment in time by making yourself available as a consultant to support businesses using your package, either at an hourly support rate, or by offering yearly support contracts.

With a project like Bitcoin, there are a large number of potential users that simply will not use a closed-source project, and you'll make more money and get more users if the project is open-sourced.  The first users are alpha/beta testers anyway, and shouldn't have to pay for the privilege of debugging your software.

Well of course it would have beta/alpha testers, but closed source is better for me. I have full control that way.
old_engineer

Activity: 387

View Profile
December 22, 2011, 11:33:55 AM

Well of course it would have beta/alpha testers, but closed source is better for me. I have full control that way.
You can keep full control of the repository even if it's open-source.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: