Bitcoin Forum
August 16, 2024, 09:38:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: will Ethereum catch up to Bitcoin?  (Read 771 times)
betswift
Copper Member

Activity: 154
Merit: 3

View Profile
August 13, 2024, 06:58:03 AM

This is impossible to happen. Ethereum is still closely related to bitcoin, in any movement the value of ETH will not increase unless the price of bitcoin has gone through a good rate. During this time, halvings have occurred several times, do we see the price of Ethereum differing almost to the same as Bitcoin? So from there we can conclude that Ethereum is only the top altcoin after Bitcoin, while Bitcoin is still the mother of all existing altcoins.

on top of that there's this one issue with ETH that it showing signs of TVL escaping the platform and moving to other like solana.
the solana blockchain also beats ETH in term of fee revenue in several occasion despite ETH seemed to be having higher gas price and overall higher transaction fee compared to ETH

might be this time around ETH will tank further.

As we can see, people go where the possibilities are better for themselves, and it's easier with Solana I think (without those rollups needed as it's usually is with ETH, what can be better do make another memecoin to make a dump and pump, though, many memes, as I've read, stay with a good cap to this day, it's just a trend of making one which would live for a week or a month, and that's it), so it's no wonder we see a picture like this Grin

NicNacCoin

Activity: 1344
Merit: 451

PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market

View Profile
August 13, 2024, 07:27:00 AM

If bitcoin experiences its much-anticipated bull run, then ether will go up with it and very likely catch up to bitcoin in percentage terms and possibly keep going, as happened during the last crypto bull run in 2021. An ether investor who is “all in” would also advise that ether will displace bitcoin in the future, and if bitcoin reaches over $100,000, that could mean $25,000 per token for ether.
In comparison, Ethereum has not been able to keep up with the price of Bitcoin. In comparison, the price of Ethereum should have been around $5000 at this time, but ethereum is currently hovering around $2700. But as far as I can predict and make charts I can say that if Bitcoin reaches $100,000 then Ethereum will probably be between $5000 and $6000. It doesn't seem possible that you are saying that Bitcoin will take over or that Bitcoin will reach $100,000 and Ethereum $25,000. But ethereum investment is a dependent investment like bitcoin. You don't lose yourself by investing. Hold the investment. I think there is still a good time to invest in ethereum.

▄███████████████████████▄
████████████░████████████
███████████▀▄████████████
█████████▀▀▄██▀▀█████████
█████████▄▄▀▀▀▄▄▀████████
██▄▄▄▄▀▀██▌▐█▌▐██▄▄▀▀▀▀██
████████▄▀▀▄▄▄░██████████
█████████▄▄██▀▄██████████
████████████▀▄███████████
███████████▌░▐███████████
▀███████████████████████▀

PredX
●  Politics
●  Crypto
●  Sports
●  Stocks
●  AI
●  Others
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████

Play Now
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████
betswift
Copper Member

View Profile
August 13, 2024, 07:57:46 AM

If bitcoin experiences its much-anticipated bull run, then ether will go up with it and very likely catch up to bitcoin in percentage terms and possibly keep going, as happened during the last crypto bull run in 2021. An ether investor who is “all in” would also advise that ether will displace bitcoin in the future, and if bitcoin reaches over $100,000, that could mean $25,000 per token for ether.
In comparison, Ethereum has not been able to keep up with the price of Bitcoin. In comparison, the price of Ethereum should have been around $5000 at this time, but ethereum is currently hovering around $2700. But as far as I can predict and make charts I can say that if Bitcoin reaches $100,000 then Ethereum will probably be between $5000 and $6000. It doesn't seem possible that you are saying that Bitcoin will take over or that Bitcoin will reach $100,000 and Ethereum $25,000. But ethereum investment is a dependent investment like bitcoin. You don't lose yourself by investing. Hold the investment. I think there is still a good time to invest in ethereum.

Totally! The time is the possibility of going into ETH is there at the moment.

Abiky
Legendary

Activity: 3290
Merit: 1379

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
August 13, 2024, 06:07:36 PM

on top of that there's this one issue with ETH that it showing signs of TVL escaping the platform and moving to other like solana.
the solana blockchain also beats ETH in term of fee revenue in several occasion despite ETH seemed to be having higher gas price and overall higher transaction fee compared to ETH

Exactly. And the recent decline in gas fees, tells us a lot about the network activity on ETH. I guess whales and shills prefer a low-cost and high-performance Blockchain like Solana. Even if that means sacrificing decentralization in the long run. Convenience goes above all else, right?

At this pace, ETH will never replace BTC. It will come nowhere near close in terms of market cap and mainstream adoption. There's a very long road ahead before ETH catches up to Bitcoin. You can't beat the real thing. Now BTC has smart contracts via the use of L2s and sidechains. Stacks and Core integrate the world of "De-Fi" into Bitcoin. How will Ethereum be able to compete with that? Institutional interest for BTC keeps growing at a fast pace. ETH will remain the #2 cryptocurrency in the world no matter what. Lets move on, shall we? Cheesy

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
betswift
Copper Member

View Profile
August 13, 2024, 06:09:51 PM

Exactly. And the recent decline in gas fees, tells us a lot about the network activity on ETH. I guess whales and shills prefer a low-cost and high-performance Blockchain like Solana. Even if that means sacrificing decentralization in the long run. Convenience goes above all else, right?

At this pace, ETH will never replace BTC. It will come nowhere near close in terms of market cap and mainstream adoption. There's a very long road ahead before ETH catches up to Bitcoin. You can't beat the real thing. Now BTC has smart contracts via the use of L2s and sidechains. Stacks and Core integrate the world of "De-Fi" into Bitcoin. How will Ethereum be able to compete with that? Institutional interest for BTC keeps growing at a fast pace. ETH will remain the #2 cryptocurrency in the world no matter what. Lets move on, shall we? Cheesy

Maybe ETH will come up with something interesting in the future, only time will tell Grin

jaberwock
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1073

View Profile
August 15, 2024, 07:23:42 PM

As long as Solana remains a victim of network outages, it will NEVER replace ETH in market cap. Even if developers improve the chain, it's already late to make a difference. Replacing Ethereum would be no different that replacing Bitcoin. And we all know that's impossible.

What will happen is that both Solana and Ethereum will grow in terms of mainstream adoption (usage) and market price. Bitcoin will always stay on top of Ethereum for obvious reasons. Who cares, right? As long as you're able to make money with either coin, nothing else matters. Smiley
Yeah solana is great and all but the entire economy too much revolving around meme coin that if at some point the meme trend is ended and the market runs dry of trading volume solana could also be abandoned.
not denying that there are plenty of great defi in solana too even as good as ETH but the most dominating defi in solana is the one that has something to do with meme coin.

even pumpdotfun is beating ETH in term of revenue alone, that is quite the feat because pumpdotfun is just a launchpad and ethereum is a whole blockchain even 2nd highest by market cap in term of rank but got beaten by some launchpads project, however i bet solana revenue also mostly come from pumpdotfun and any other meme related defi protocols which means too depending on meme trend. this could be a flaw.
I do agree that it's too heavily dependant on it and there is no reason to keep trusting it the way it is right now. I feel like way too many people are focusing on the wrong thing, and because of that I think it's clear that we are going to miss a big chance, shouldn't be possible and can't really make it work some other way. I know that we are going to end up with issues even further than this, and I know that it is going to take some time, but if we realize our mistakes and just focus on what we can achieve with SOL and ETH, then we will realize that picking one of them isn't a must.

We could just invest in both, and if one of them goes down, the other at least could make us money. I personally enjoy investing in both. That way I feel better about it.

Oilacris

Activity: 3122
Merit: 621

stead.builders

View Profile
August 15, 2024, 07:59:12 PM

Maybe ETH will come up with something interesting in the future, only time will tell Grin
Coming up with something or would really be just that the same? No one could really be able to tell on what are their future plans whether it would really be having those changes in related
with some good change on smart contracts or would really be that still on the same aspect. We cant really be able to deny that invention of smart contract is indeed revolutionary but
in speaking about overtaking or replacing Bitcoin into its place or position then it would really be that hard to believe on such thing. Community and consideration towards Bitcoin is really
nearly absolute and its really that hard to tell about having this kind of probabilities but well we do know that there's no such thing such as forever. Everything would really be basing up on
the community support or simply with the demand on why projects will really be sitting out on particular ranks. This is why if you would really be gonna tending to make investment with
ETH rather than on BITCOIN just because you are believing into its potential then go ahead and follow. We do have our own choices when it comes to crypto investment.

██████████▀▀██████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
██████████████████████
████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████▄▄██████████

STEAD 

UNLOCK NEW HORIZONS 

Build floating infrastructure on the blockchain
▄██████████████▄
██████████
█████████████▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
██████████████████████
████████
█████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄██▄▄▄██▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████████████████████████
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄██████

JOINOW  
Akbarkoe
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1046

stead.builders

View Profile
August 15, 2024, 08:20:41 PM

As long as Solana remains a victim of network outages, it will NEVER replace ETH in market cap. Even if developers improve the chain, it's already late to make a difference. Replacing Ethereum would be no different that replacing Bitcoin. And we all know that's impossible.

What will happen is that both Solana and Ethereum will grow in terms of mainstream adoption (usage) and market price. Bitcoin will always stay on top of Ethereum for obvious reasons. Who cares, right? As long as you're able to make money with either coin, nothing else matters. Smiley
Yeah solana is great and all but the entire economy too much revolving around meme coin that if at some point the meme trend is ended and the market runs dry of trading volume solana could also be abandoned.
not denying that there are plenty of great defi in solana too even as good as ETH but the most dominating defi in solana is the one that has something to do with meme coin.

even pumpdotfun is beating ETH in term of revenue alone, that is quite the feat because pumpdotfun is just a launchpad and ethereum is a whole blockchain even 2nd highest by market cap in term of rank but got beaten by some launchpads project, however i bet solana revenue also mostly come from pumpdotfun and any other meme related defi protocols which means too depending on meme trend. this could be a flaw.
I do agree that it's too heavily dependant on it and there is no reason to keep trusting it the way it is right now. I feel like way too many people are focusing on the wrong thing, and because of that I think it's clear that we are going to miss a big chance, shouldn't be possible and can't really make it work some other way. I know that we are going to end up with issues even further than this, and I know that it is going to take some time, but if we realize our mistakes and just focus on what we can achieve with SOL and ETH, then we will realize that picking one of them isn't a must.

We could just invest in both, and if one of them goes down, the other at least could make us money. I personally enjoy investing in both. That way I feel better about it.
In the hands of a wise person will come out a wise conclusion, so in investing, I think we don't have to focus on choosing one of the coins mentioned, be it BTC, ETH and Solana, as if we have to choose the right one that is best for where we invest.

Investing in all three at once in my opinion is much better, diversifying investments in potential assets in all three is a more appropriate decision, we only need how we do risk management and portfolio management on these 3 assets, while profitable why should we bother and force to choose one, while you can invest in all three.

██████████▀▀██████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
██████████████████████
████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████▄▄██████████

STEAD 

UNLOCK NEW HORIZONS 

Build floating infrastructure on the blockchain
▄██████████████▄
██████████
█████████████▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
██████████████████████
████████
█████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄██▄▄▄██▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████████████████████████
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄██████

JOINOW  
betswift
Copper Member

View Profile
Today at 08:58:12 AM

In the hands of a wise person will come out a wise conclusion, so in investing, I think we don't have to focus on choosing one of the coins mentioned, be it BTC, ETH and Solana, as if we have to choose the right one that is best for where we invest.

Investing in all three at once in my opinion is much better, diversifying investments in potential assets in all three is a more appropriate decision, we only need how we do risk management and portfolio management on these 3 assets, while profitable why should we bother and force to choose one, while you can invest in all three.

Golden strat and a rule! Diversification of both risks and investments is key to minimizing the troubles to come if one of the coins won't perform as intended.

wahyuagung26

Activity: 477
Merit: 159

View Profile
Today at 02:17:00 PM

Both can be said to be coins that have quite good value, but we say for the comparison it is very far, Bitcoin has a pretty good ATH where maybe Ethereum will not be able to match it, Bitcoin has very good potential. so far we see Ethereum itself has an attractive value with the decline and increase of Bitcoin.

andyou1234

Activity: 1027
Merit: 100

View Profile
Today at 04:12:18 PM

So far, ethereum and bitcoin are the priorities of crypto users for investment, because these two coins have great potential and popularity in the crypto market, so it is not surprising that the price of this crypto continues to increase over time, but so far I personally do not think that ethereum will be able to catch up with bitcoin because the difference between the two is very far both in terms of price and supply on the market.

justdimin

Activity: 3094
Merit: 671

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
Today at 06:16:31 PM

I agree that it is not a simple thing to just assume this would work, as we all know it is not that simple and we may not always have the best option available at all times, but that doesn't mean that we are going to just pick one and go with that. If you really want to, you could just buy all of them. You could buy bitcoin, ethereum, sol and any other coin you want and in that case if any of them does well then you profit, and that's what I do as well. These days I am not very much interested in SOL anymore, but that is a personal thing for me and not a big deal.

This is why I believe that we are going to see something changing, and nothing big will happen with that. So all in all this could be something that gets a bit more attention and could be very important. If you keep focusing on just one of them and try to find which will be the best, you will always miss out, always keep it diversified and always try to find more room for more good projects.

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: