Bitcoin Forum
July 25, 2024, 11:23:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to check thousands of Bitcoin addresses  (Read 84 times)
Iamapizzabuyer (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 24, 2024, 03:05:15 PM
Merited by LoyceV (2)

I need to check thousands of Bitcoin addresses for balance. The reason I need to do so is because I lost a small part of my written down private key.  I paid an trustable local expert for recovery and made a contract about that for safety. Now I have a list of every possible mutation of my private key and the associated bitcoin address. Somewhere in this list is my lost private key but it‘s quite a lot to check. I‘ve been doing that for days now. I could go back to my local expert but that would be another lot of money that I would have to pay.

I am just a normal bitcoin user with little technical experience. I am not a programmer or something similiar. I know there a many possibiltys with technical experience. Is there a way I can automatically check this whole ton of bitcoin addresses?

I have read a lot about that and people say there is a programm called Bitcoin Core that can do that for me? But how? That‘s the old wallet right?
ABCbits
Legendary

Activity: 2954
Merit: 7704

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
Today at 09:22:51 AM

I am just a normal bitcoin user with little technical experience. I am not a programmer or something similiar. I know there a many possibiltys with technical experience. Is there a way I can automatically check this whole ton of bitcoin addresses?

Without some programming, i'm not aware of any option due to limitation from the website or server.

I have read a lot about that and people say there is a programm called Bitcoin Core that can do that for me? But how? That‘s the old wallet right?

Yes, Bitcoin Core can do that. It's not old wallet/software since it's actively updated. As for how, check this post https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5452199.msg62221925#msg62221925. Although without a bit of programming, doing it thousand time would take long time. And that exclude the fact you need to download 600GB of blockchain.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 4755

View Profile
Today at 02:42:15 PM
Merited by LoyceV (12), Quickseller (6)

I'm pretty sure there's a user here that has published a list of all bitcoin addresses that have a balance associated. @LoyceV was that you?

You could just download the list and then search it in your favorite text editor using the search functionality of that text editor (typically accessed with Control-F or Command-F).

However, 99%+ of the time when someone brand new comes in here wanting to search a large list of bitcoin addresses, they are either a scammer that wants to try and sell a false list for which they don't have the private keys OR they've been recently scammed into purchasing such a list and don't want to admit it so they make up a fake story about how they received the list.

It's very rare for stories like this to be true.  It's not impossible, but it's VERY sus.

EDIT:  I was right, it was LoyceV. Here's the list: http://addresses.loyce.club/

For your needs, since they're YOUR bitcoins and you therefore know how many there are, you can just use the "balance not shown, sorted in alphabetical order" list.  If you've got an address on that list, then you know which private key has your bitcoins.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2954
Merit: 2358

View Profile
Today at 07:14:17 PM

If the OP needs to check thousands of addresses, using control/command F is probably not a viable solution.

The OP could parse both LoyceV's list of funded addresses and his own list of canidate addresses, convert both to sets, and find the intersection of the two sets. Depending on the hashing algorithm, there might be some false positives, but most likely, there will be few enough to make further manually checking not difficult.
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 17078

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
Today at 07:36:23 PM

I paid an trustable local expert for recovery and made a contract about that for safety.
If two people have access to a private key, it's impossible to prove who moved the coins. A contract gives at best a false sense of security.

I could go back to my local expert but that would be another lot of money that I would have to pay.
Why didn't this "expert" check the addresses for funds while he's at it? That seems like the least any expert could do for a paid job.

Is there a way I can automatically check this whole ton of bitcoin addresses?
How many addresses are you talking about? If it's a few thousand only, you can just use Electrum.

If it's millions, this works very fast:
How to use
The most likely use is to check a long list of Bitcoin addresses for a remaining balance.
On Linux, use this to find matching addresses (after extrating the compressed .gz file of course):
Code:
comm -12 Bitcoin_addresses_LATEST.txt <(cat mylist.txt | sort | uniq)
  • Bitcoin_addresses_LATEST.txt: the extracted latest version downloaded from addresses.loyce.club.
  • mylist.txt: your own list of addresses, one address per line.
Click the quote to read more details. But this requires some Linux knowledge. If the private key is on the same line as the addresses, you'll need to adjust the code for that.

I'm pretty sure there's a user here that has published a list of all bitcoin addresses that have a balance associated. @LoyceV was that you?
It's me. FWIW: you can't notify me by editing your post. I only scan unedited posts.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: