Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 12:56:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is Armory trying to send alot more BTC than the signed transaction?  (Read 658 times)
xe99 (OP)

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 06:00:10 PM

I created a transaction to send 5.0 btc from my online computer, had it signed on my offline pc. my offline pc confirms the 5.0 btc and signs it but when i load the signed transaction on my online pc it shows the transaction total of 6.4999 BTC. i didn't broadcast the transaction and deleted the signed transaction until i know why its doing this. any ideas?

i'm using 0.90.99.4 on my online pc and 0.90 beta on my offline.
etotheipi
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1093

Core Armory Developer

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2014, 06:02:49 PM

It's probably mis-identifying change outputs as part of the tx.  Be sure to click on the thing in the bottom-right that says "Click to show tx info" (or something like that).  it will show you a full list of inputs and outputs, with the wallet IDs next to them.  My guess is that you will see 6.4999 in inputs from wallet X, and then 1.4999 BTC in outputs going back to wallet X.  Then there will be a 5 BTC output going to the expected address.

We noted in 0.90 some issues with identification of change outputs, etc, and we attempted to resolve in 0.91, but the algorithm isn't perfect. 

Founder and CEO of Armory Technologies, Inc.
Armory Bitcoin Wallet: Bringing cold storage to the average user!
Only use Armory software signed by the Armory Offline Signing Key (0x98832223)

Please donate to the Armory project by clicking here!    (or donate directly via 1QBDLYTDFHHZAABYSKGKPWKLSXZWCCJQBX -- yes, it's a real address!)
xe99 (OP)

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 06:16:42 PM

ahh...ok got it. checked and it was sending 1.4999 back to the sending wallet. when i actually broadcast the transaction it only sent the 1.0001 to the intended wallet.

i hadn't been aware of that issue. thanks for clarifying.
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 06:27:02 PM

It's probably mis-identifying change outputs as part of the tx.  Be sure to click on the thing in the bottom-right that says "Click to show tx info" (or something like that).  it will show you a full list of inputs and outputs, with the wallet IDs next to them.  My guess is that you will see 6.4999 in inputs from wallet X, and then 1.4999 BTC in outputs going back to wallet X.  Then there will be a 5 BTC output going to the expected address.

We noted in 0.90 some issues with identification of change outputs, etc, and we attempted to resolve in 0.91, but the algorithm isn't perfect. 

Where is that bottom-right thing that says "Click to show tx info"? In what window? Main window? Wallet window? Send window?

Kupsi
Legendary

Activity: 1193
Merit: 1003

9.9.2012: I predict that single digits... <- FAIL

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 08:16:41 PM

Where is that bottom-right thing that says "Click to show tx info"? In what window? Main window? Wallet window? Send window?

The window where you sign or broadcast the transaction.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: