Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 11:16:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Lets keep up the "glass is half full attitude"  (Read 784 times)
Infectiphibian (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 06:17:24 PM

What an optimistic place this forum has become. It doesn't matter if your shitcoin can't sell for 1 sat. "It's a long term coin," says all the bagholders.
Now lets all clap our hands and think happy thoughts, and we will all be as rich as our dreams.
El Dude

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 06:21:16 PM

This section should be renamed people who missed the bitcoin litecoin boat .

Bitcoin and Litecoin hodler
Ibistru

Activity: 129
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 06:25:02 PM

What an optimistic place this forum has become. It doesn't matter if your shitcoin can't sell for 1 sat. "It's a long term coin," says all the bagholders.
Now lets all clap our hands and think happy thoughts, and we will all be as rich as our dreams.

The greedier they are, the harder they will get burned. I have been so happy to see Auroracoin destroyed.
Raxe.io

Activity: 238

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2014, 08:01:42 PM

Yes lets stifle innovation as much as we can and be completely ignorant of the innovation around us.

Raxe.io / Example wallet: http://wallet.raxe.io
bl0ckchain

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 08:23:39 PM

Yes, let's all mindlessly worship bitcoin and put to bed these crazy dreams of creating choices for the consumer.
maranello1561

Activity: 167

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 08:31:51 PM

Surely you mean the "bitcoin litecoin dogecoin" boat?
Infectiphibian (OP)

Activity: 112

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 08:34:51 PM

Doge missed the boat but he is swimming along side, doing a hell of a job keeping up.
eddy937

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 10:09:05 PM
Last edit: March 30, 2014, 10:37:45 PM by eddy937

All this has happened a few times before. Bitcoin goes up to a peak, everything else follows, then the whole lot crashes down again. I admit the Chinese government had not come down on bitcoin like a ton of bricks the last two times, and the US tax man was out of the picture.

Hopefully bitcoin will hit a floor then go back up again. Is there something different about this cycle that will put a spanner in the works?
hellscabane
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 10:35:50 PM

But why not be optimistic? Yay! World is good! Happy times for all folks. Secret to living long and healthy! Yes?

I will say, there are some different paradigms that we can consider when it comes to the "clonecoins." And there are actually some with innovative features. It doesn't necessarily mean as much though since this place is riddled with "crap."

[By the way, don't forget there were several other boats like NMC and PPC.]
FredOm

Activity: 11

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 10:44:20 PM

I guess that is ... about 7,250,024,070 people.

Oops, that could easily become much larger than the current altcoin section.

Wink

kalus

Activity: 420
Merit: 263

let's make a deal.

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 12:43:59 AM

no it's el dude.  he means bitcoin litecoin boat

DC2ngEGbd1ZUKyj8aSzrP1W5TXs5WmPuiR wow need noms
gustav

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 01:23:45 AM

just boycott the notion that every state, every region, every city, every seperatist movement, every item that is out there, every holiday and every charity-cause needs its own coin (and then in the case of slight success 10 copies of that thing).
The truth is: we now have all the coins we need to do everything we can think of. Support notions to integrate new ideas into old coins instead of launching a new coin for every idea!!!
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2014, 02:03:47 AM

Innovation is not a problem. Scamming fools and innocents into putting real money into insecure systems is.

Deliberately making an insecure blockchain is little different from deliberately making an insecure exchange website.

It becomes a scam when people are encouraged to actually use it in the real world, the purpose of the scam being to cheat them out of money/wealth.

It is fiduciary irresponsibility, gross negligence, or outright fraud/scam.

Exchanges do it so they can pretend they got hacked, having insecure code to point at to show how the hackers must have gotten in.

Not sure yet exactly why coin launchers do it, other than maybe they plan to have dumped all their coins long before the insecurity of the chain becomes a problem so they just cannot be bothered to even try to make the thing secure.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
suttcoin894

Activity: 14

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 03:57:29 AM

Bitcoin prices should rise up again, this is not the first price decline, we need to have faith in it.
nextgencoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 04:29:40 AM

If I want investments based mainly on sentiment and Euphoria I would tune into CNBC and buy the DOW pumped by the FED stocks.

People, don't replace knowledge with emotion. Emotion can sustain a pump and dump but it won't sustain an unviable product. Let the market work...

The reality is the market is going through one of two things,

One the market for Bitcoin and alts is dropping, genuine demand is falling as people question the value of the innovation.

Two it's a short term market sentiment drop that is a buying opportunity in a long term rally up. I believe it's this one. But I also think the drop off in many alt coins could be a genuine fundamental realisation that most aren't going to make it. I expect consolidation of the alt coins at some point of a top tier and lower tier coins. I'm certainly not seeing the big pumps working anymore on new gimmicky coins.

Let the market run and price crap as crap and great investments accordingly...you just need to work out which is which.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: