Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:08:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What should i do with my $1100  (Read 3410 times)
apsvinet

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 05:15:27 PM

If you want to invest to get some interest , you can give it to me for one month i will return with interest
Ew, are you running your own investment scheme? That's gonna end up giving you bad reputation around here, just warning ya.

∎               GAWMiners The Hashlet World's first digital cloud miner!
∎∎∎   No pool fees Instant activation Never obsolete Always profitable

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Rampton

Activity: 525
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 05:21:12 PM

If you want to invest to get some interest , you can give it to me for one month i will return with interest
Ew, are you running your own investment scheme? That's gonna end up giving you bad reputation around here, just warning ya.

lol maybe he was joking.

apsvinet

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 05:22:26 PM

lol maybe he was joking.
Maybe indeed. Though it wasn't clear enough to expect everyone to get it, I'm just warning him.

MUFC

Activity: 500

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 05:29:06 PM

lol maybe he was joking.
Maybe indeed. Though it wasn't clear enough to expect everyone to get it, I'm just warning him.

I reckon a joke but you never can tell on here lol.

apsvinet

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 05:30:07 PM

lol maybe he was joking.

It's hard when there are people on this forum who would suggest that without joking whatsoever.

Rampton

Activity: 525

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 05:44:54 PM

lol maybe he was joking.

It's hard when there are people on this forum who would suggest that without joking whatsoever.

Thats true. Lot of scammers here looking to make easy money.

MUFC

Activity: 500

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 05:45:56 PM

Too many scammers about.

apsvinet

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 05:47:47 PM

lol maybe he was joking.

But hell if anyone wants to send me 2 btc I'll gladly promise that i'll do something useful with it, haha.

RobFordWotWot

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

time

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 06:47:49 PM

lol maybe he was joking.

But hell if anyone wants to send me 2 btc I'll gladly promise that i'll do something useful with it, haha.

Horses in midstream.
apsvinet

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 06:48:46 PM

lol maybe he was joking.

:O
USD used to do drugs! It's the currency of the devil!
Srsly tho, I would like to see someone do that with a bitcoin.

LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2014, 05:01:11 PM

Hi guys, i have around $1100 to spend on something,

so ive been thinking on buying a new miner or build a gaming pc with (AMD cards so it can mine at night)

What do you guys think i should do?

a miner wont be a problem for me since i have free electricity.

Thanks

build a Litecoin-Miner

precrime3

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

PM for journalist,typing,and data entry services.

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2014, 05:04:58 PM

Hi guys, i have around $1100 to spend on something,

so ive been thinking on buying a new miner or build a gaming pc with (AMD cards so it can mine at night)

What do you guys think i should do?

a miner wont be a problem for me since i have free electricity.

Thanks

build a Litecoin-Miner

Why build a miner when you can preorder some ASICs that are bound to hit in the next couple of months?

ainsey11

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 05:13:15 PM
Last edit: April 20, 2014, 06:15:31 PM by ainsey11

I would buy a mining rig then start mining cashien coin!

It's a stable coin and is worth a lot of money Smiley the dev's are great and the coin has come along in leaps and bounds.It's on several exchanges and is actually worth something!

Come over to #Cashien on irc.freenode.net to win some free coins

CM1243HPh1qnGy5jwuLjSizTc2SoHhus1T
Nobitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

In holiday we trust

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 05:36:54 PM

Invest in newest coin then sell at peak
mkendall82

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 05:46:06 PM

Spend them on anything you want but don't buy a new miner. It's the worst idea.
apsvinet

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 09:13:52 PM

I would rly not recommend that, alt coins are so uncertain.

Simon8x

Activity: 568

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 09:18:12 PM

Most of the past coins have failed and most of the new coins will fail.
Also, it is very hard to tell when the price reaches peak.

precrime3

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

PM for journalist,typing,and data entry services.

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2014, 09:32:18 PM

Thats true. What I do is I look into a coin, I ask myself "Do I see myself actually legitimately using this coin in a couple months, or even a year? Does it have a strong dev and community?" Stuff like that. When you actually research coins, your bets are much safer. If your in it for a quick buck, market manipulation is probably more of your thing, you could ask to join a private pump group or something.

Dogtanian

Activity: 756

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 09:33:35 PM

How do you know what coin is going to be a success? Most people miss out on the pump and dumps then you've lost all your money and the devs and dumpers move on to the next.
apsvinet

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 10:39:46 PM

I am an admitted newbie with Bitcoins and crypto-currencies in general.  With very little research and only a vague understanding, here is what I have done thus far...    Wink

Invested $400 on trading shares at Bitcoin-trader.biz.  I had to do this in a round-about way because you can't just put in your credit card number, you have to go through an exchange service first, or pay with Bitcoins.  I joined Coinbase (see below) and paid for my shares using Bitcoins.  There were some nominal fees involved in the process, but I felt they were acceptable.

Since their inception in November, 2013, the trading shares at Bitcoin-trader.biz have been realizing returns of over 1% most trading days and you even get your initial investment back after 120 days if you buy the trading shares.  Too good to be true?  Maybe...  worth the risk?  Maybe...  Personally, I put a chunk of change in there for fun just to see and I am hoping they don't Gox me.

There is a thread devoted to them on this site.  Here is a link:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=393570.0

If you do decide to sign up and purchase shares, I would greatly appreciate it if you use my referral link: https://bitcoin-trader.biz/?ref=thegoodlife

I then went back to Coinbase and bought Bitcoins with the remainder of my money... they charge a small fee and can be used to buy coins from USD via your bank account.  If you use the link below when you join, they will give both you and I an extra $5 of Bitcoin when you complete your first buy of $100 or more:

https://coinbase.com/?r=533b275e356e0d97950000d0&utm_campaign=user-referral&src=referral-link

So I bought like 1.25 Bitcoins.

I then joined Bter.com, which is a site that facilitates trading between various different coins and currencies.  I transferred .1 Bitcoin to my account there just to play around with.  I bought small amounts of several of the different coins that I have heard alot of buzz about.  Here is a referal link to Bter.com:

https://bter.com/ref/185271

I bought some Blackcoin (BC), Mintcoin (MINT), Nextcoin (NXT), Vertcoin (VTC), and Worldcoin (WDC) all in VERY small amounts.  This is just what I did and I am comfortable with it so far.  Obviously, there are many other altcoins out there and most if not all will end up in the toilet.  That being said, I am risking a small amount on the ones listed above. 

Going forward, I plan to invest a set amount weekly ($20 or more when I have extra) into Bitcoin to hold long term, and a small portion into various alt coins as a speculative measure just because it is so fun for me to do so.  I also plan to reinvest the profits from my trading shares at bitcoin-trader.biz back into more trading shares and letting them compound. 

Hope it may be helpful to someone in some way.
Careful linking your referral link only, might not be allowed.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: