Bitcoin Forum
August 04, 2024, 02:20:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Nigerian Government To Educate Citizens on Blockchain Technology.  (Read 50 times)
DiMarxist (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 02, 2024, 11:18:05 AM

The Vice President in Nigeria, Kashim Shettima on August 2, 2024 said, the Federal Government has an intention to educate the youths and the citizens on the Cryptocurrency Blockchain Technology to surpass the Leading Economy of State. He spoke on the training program of AI, and the focus is to train the youth on the digital transformation in Africa continent.
Gluwa who is also a partnership with the government will train the youth in Yakubu Gowon NYSC camp annually. And they are to launch a Blockchain Network called Nigerium.

Source. Crypto Pulse Nigeria.
Amphenomenon

Activity: 602
Merit: 407

Hope Jeremiah 17vs7

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2024, 11:26:24 AM

They continue to ignore the main problem which is regulating cryptocurrency to be Frank they have launching scholarships/internship in Blockchain technology since 2022 till now but no significant growth in this sector from the fact that foreign investors and local investors are actually weary of putting their money on a sector where there's no certainty what the government move will be especially this year.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBITCRYPTO
FUTURES
[
1,000x
LEVERAGE
][
COMPETITIVE
FEES
][
INSTANT
EXECUTION
]██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
TRADE NOW
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Kelward

Activity: 476
Merit: 302

View Profile
August 02, 2024, 11:56:18 AM
Last edit: August 02, 2024, 12:19:52 PM by Kelward

You for share di source link of where di vice president specifically talk about di training of Nigerians on cryptocurrency Blockchain technology. I just search Crypto Pulse Nigeria, for Google, and I no see any related news.

Dis na welcome development from our government wey no give cryptocurrency any support, if dem fit to live up to di promise of training Nigerians, especially our youths dem for crypto and blochchain technology, dat one go be a very big booster for di adoption inside di country. Dis na step in di right direction because plenty Nigerians get interest for crypto matter and trainings like dis go further show say crypto business de real and e no de illegal like some people de get di misconception. Di world de for AI and digital technological advancements era and e no go good if Nigeria, de left behind. Lastly, one thing na to train another thing na to provide an enabling environment for di graduates wey learn di technology to function under crypto friendly policies.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBITCRYPTO
FUTURES
[
1,000x
LEVERAGE
][
COMPETITIVE
FEES
][
INSTANT
EXECUTION
]██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
TRADE NOW
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Barikui1

Activity: 280
Merit: 219

View Profile
August 02, 2024, 12:07:07 PM

The Vice President in Nigeria, Kashim Shettima on August 2, 2024 said, the Federal Government has an intention to educate the youths and the citizens on the Cryptocurrency Blockchain Technology to surpass the Leading Economy of State. He spoke on the training program of AI, and the focus is to train the youth on the digital transformation in Africa continent.
Gluwa who is also a partnership with the government will train the youth in Yakubu Gowon NYSC camp annually. And they are to launch a Blockchain Network called Nigerium.

Sometimes I dy wonder if most of this our politicians dy craze, because the way them dy do off and on they surprise me, first an foremost, na so them say them don lift the ban on cryptocurrency, say all banks fit operate and do crypto related transactions, but e no even reach 3 months, them start to dy put pressure on banks to fish out those people in the country wey dy do crypto and forex, all in the name of say, na them dy make our naira fall, something wey dy very clear say na lie.

Now them don come with another antics, saying dy want to educate youth on Blockchain technology and cryptocurrency at large, see eh, sincerely speaking, na naija boy I be, I know say all this things wey Dem dy talk openly na just camouflage, how can dy be talking of teaching and sharing knowledge of cryptocurrency and Blockchain technology while fighting it? Na who Dem wan deceive? 

E dy really funny say people wey dy fight cryptocurrency and Blockchain technology, dy talk about teaching the youth on how to venture into it, as if them allow the few citizens wey dy into it already, do am freely,  so in essence of wetin I dy talk is that, this particular news, if no be lie, na just camouflage, to use deceive naive people.

Yucky

Activity: 112
Merit: 77

View Profile
August 02, 2024, 12:19:14 PM

it's not Nigerian government but rather Gluwa. that's doing the training in partnership with them. let's learn to put things in the right perspective so we don't give unmerited credit to folks that can't on thier own come out with policies that will help the country thrive in a single sector of her economy.

It's still this same Gluwa that handled the E - naira that's still non functional and have nothing serious going on with it. Educating corp members on crypto isn't a bad idea and if it's done well, it could help our graduate to become less financially frustrated after the completion of the service year but the possibility of this planned program coming to fruition and not ending up as one of those other audio policies we read and were happing about but that ended up not becoming a reality is what we have to consider.

you should have provided the link to the source of your news for fact check and for better understanding. I'm not sure the news is still on the official pulse website. Here is what I found  although the source isn't a familiar news chanel I can trust but here's the link.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&opi=89978449&url=https://bitcoinke.io/2024/08/gluwa-launches-technology-training-initiative-in-nigeria/&ved=2ahUKEwjutq6fn9aHAxX6QkEAHVqSMkcQFnoECB4QAQ&usg=AOvVaw08kL2-0FMzXMbSPkRiR2WF
Lida93

Activity: 826
Merit: 577

Make bitcoin your savings Haven, fiat is failing.

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2024, 01:28:02 PM

Sometime last year I saw a similar advert about the federal government scheme to train interested Nigerians about Blockchain technology and cyber security, and it was all in different category. Though I did applied and wasn't selected but afterwards I didn't get to hear much about how that went till date. And now here's another similar scheme again.

I have a feeling this isn't going to see the light of day, and reasons are that it's associated with the NYSC. For those of us who have been opportune to attend the NYSC camp during the one year national service, we all witnessed how everything being taught there during the SAED was all like a child's play. The duration allotted for all the programs and skills within that 21days I'm camp wasn't even sufficient to become an amateur talk more of a pro at any skill.

Maybe they just have to find other channel of creating this to work out fine, otherwise this is a dead programme before it's arrival.
Coyster
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1279

Life's but a walking shadow!

View Profile
August 02, 2024, 02:35:58 PM

This is not the first time wey our federal government dey run this program, i remember say dey made this offer available sometime ago and some of us applied, but was not selected. Abeg if you were selected for the training in the past, please indicate in this topic. Maybe those who were selected initially are done with their training, i am not so sure and right now i cannot find enough information online.

That being said, if this initiative is working as our government has planned it, then it is not a bad idea, right now i cannot confirm how successful the last recruitment was, so if you have any info that will be of help, do well to post it.

ULTIMATE POKER 
█████████████████████████
███████████▀▄▀███████████
█████████▀▄███░██████████
███████▀▄███▀▄█▀▄▀███████
█████▀▄███▀▄█▀▄███▄▀█████
████░███▀▄█▀▄██▀▀███░████
███░██▀▄█▀▄██▀▄██▄▀██░███
███░██▄▀▄██▀▄█▀▄▄▀▄██░███
████▄▀███▀▄█▀█▄▀███▀▄████
██████▄▄▄██░░░██▄▄▄██████
██████████░█░█░██████████