Bitcoin Forum
August 25, 2024, 09:23:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Any hope of Armory being updated to support Windows 11 and Mac Sonoma+ ?  (Read 92 times)
OtisG (OP)

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 04, 2024, 09:10:24 PM

I've had Armory many years now, and I have relied on it for my cold storage Bitcoin which I've owned for many years. I love the interface and capabilities.

Windows keeps updating. Mac OS keeps updating. Windows 11 is the current version, and WIN11 keeps receiving monthly updates which will not allow me to prevent updateS, which have rendered Armory as useless (I can only delay Win11 updates). Armory stopped working on Win11 for me about a year ago (2023). Also, Armory doesn't work for Mac OS and hasn't for a number of years now. The most recent version of Armory that works (in my experience anyway) is running on Windows 10, which I'm running on a former gaming PC that is 8+ years old now. I hope the hardware doesn't die. Win10 still allows me to prevent Windows updates, and that's the only way I've kept Armory running on that PC.

Serious question here...I'm not trying to harsh anybody's buzz or cast aspersions. Will Armory actually be updated in the very near future, i.e. 6-12 months, to support the current versions of Windows and Mac OS? If not, just let me know. I know Armory development and support is free, and it's really awesome that Goatpig and others continue to support it free of charge. Thank you for your excellent work.

I'm seriously worried about my ongoing ability to store and retrieve my Bitcoin in Armory. If Armory is not planned to be updated, can someone just let me know what other wallet software (that is kept up to date with the latest Windows/Mac) is the best software to migrate my Armory Bitcoin to?

Many thanks,
OtisG
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 3086

BTC price road to $80k

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2024, 10:43:34 PM

Armory no longer supports more than 11+ for Windows 11. Have you tried to disable AntiVirus first or include Armory as a trusted app?
If not try it first but if it does not work try to right-click the Armory shortcut goto properties and compatibility tab under "Run this program in compatibility mode" choose windows 7 or 8 apply then try to run it again. Let's see if it would work.

OtisG (OP)

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 05, 2024, 01:21:10 AM

Thank you for the suggestions, but yeah, I tried all of those. Didn't work.
OtisG
nc50lc
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 5964

Self-proclaimed Genius

View Profile
August 05, 2024, 05:00:29 AM

-snip- can someone just let me know what other wallet software (that is kept up to date with the latest Windows/Mac) is the best software to migrate my Armory Bitcoin to?
Since it's running together with a Bitcoin Core instance anyways, Bitcoin Core is your next best option for now.
Core's wallet now has "Cold-Storage" and "PSBT" support which enables it to do whatever Armory can.

For Cold storage; it can create an Air-Gap Bitcoin Core wallet containing descriptors with the master private key,
Paired with a watch-only Online Bitcoin Core wallet containing the public descriptors version of the Air-Gap Bitcoin Core wallet.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
goatpig
Legendary

Activity: 3724
Merit: 1360

Armory Developer

View Profile
August 05, 2024, 07:24:33 AM

https://github.com/users/goatpig/projects/1

You can track development here for the next version. It will work on modern OS.

ABCbits
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 7813

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
August 05, 2024, 10:00:36 AM

I'm seriously worried about my ongoing ability to store and retrieve my Bitcoin in Armory. If Armory is not planned to be updated, can someone just let me know what other wallet software (that is kept up to date with the latest Windows/Mac) is the best software to migrate my Armory Bitcoin to?

Common suggestion on this forum would be Electrum and Sparrow Wallet. But alternatively, you could install older OS on Virtual Machine and run Armory on it.

https://github.com/users/goatpig/projects/1

You can track development here for the next version. It will work on modern OS.

Did you share wrong link? GitHub shows 404 on my browser.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
satscraper

Activity: 840
Merit: 1537

View Profile
August 06, 2024, 05:05:12 AM

Many thanks,
OtisG

Yeah, Armory has gradually turned itself into obsolete app which is far behind of the modern wallets. Being developed in non-HW era it was in the class of the best solution for BTC storage.At present time, possesing well designed, secure and reliable   hardware wallet (like Passport 2) one can forget about Armory.

Thus, I would advocate Passport 2 to migrate your BTC from Armory.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
goatpig
Legendary

Activity: 3724
Merit: 1360

Armory Developer

View Profile
August 06, 2024, 11:27:14 AM

Did you share wrong link? GitHub shows 404 on my browser.

I'm an idiot, looks like the gh project page was set to private. Should work now.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: