Bitcoin Forum
August 16, 2024, 10:19:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Going to help a rookie set up a gpu rig or 2.  (Read 205 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
tretaa

Activity: 18
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 12, 2024, 04:22:46 AM

I'm still searching for rigs / place to set up everything.

I decided to get NVIDIA 3070 ti. I read that they use 300W max..
1. Should I configure to use the maximum power?
2. Should I buy a power supply of 2000W to support 6 GPUs?
FP91G
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1071

View Profile
August 12, 2024, 05:10:40 PM
Last edit: August 12, 2024, 05:29:32 PM by FP91G

Ok.. so Im heading for a 6 GPUs mining
1 power supply.
What kind of frame you guys use to set everything?
If you're interested in a rig case, it primarily depends on your video cards. If the video cards are not hot, then an open case can be assembled by yourself from wood plastic, metal and it will cost no more than 10 dollars.
If the video cards are hot, you can buy a used case on the notice boards for sale in your country.

OMG, 300W on this videocarts Shocked
Do you buy these video cards new or used?

I would advise you to start a mining farm of 5xRTX 4070 with a mode of 150-170 watts from the wall and one power supply for 1200 watts, which can be bought cheap from the miners from the manufacturer corsair for example.

According to the calculator, this investment will have a very long payback time, but you will at least understand what mining is and can quickly sell your modern video cards with a small discount if you get bored with this experiment.  Hot video cards need a separate room with good ventilation.
tretaa

View Profile
August 12, 2024, 06:47:37 PM

I would advise you to start a mining farm of 5xRTX 4070 with a mode of 150-170 watts from the wall and one power supply for 1200 watts, which can be bought cheap from the miners from the manufacturer corsair for example.

According to the calculator, this investment will have a very long payback time, but you will at least understand what mining is and can quickly sell your modern video cards with a small discount if you get bored with this experiment.  Hot video cards need a separate room with good ventilation.

I intend to buy everything used... RTX 4070 its more expensive here in brazil than 3070 ti.
Whats the difference from running 150-170W to running 300W at maximum speed?

I was thinking on doing 6x 3070 TI on nicehash.
FP91G
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2024, 01:08:25 PM

I intend to buy everything used... RTX 4070 its more expensive here in brazil than 3070 ti.

The problem is in the cooling system, because with this load you will have overheating of the video cards and in addition the video cards will heat each other up. You should read reviews of video card cooling systems when you are working like this.
Or you will have to buy a good mining enclosure and spend on ventilation, which is not a very efficient investment for multiple mining farms.
And Brazil has hot weather and this is an additional problem. In my city it's 30-40 degrees one month a year, how about you?
What is your business plan with a daily Revenue of 47 cents?
What do you plan to get profit per day from 1 video card and what is your investment amount?
tretaa

View Profile
August 15, 2024, 04:57:40 AM

The problem is in the cooling system, because with this load you will have overheating of the video cards and in addition the video cards will heat each other up. You should read reviews of video card cooling systems when you are working like this.
Or you will have to buy a good mining enclosure and spend on ventilation, which is not a very efficient investment for multiple mining farms.
And Brazil has hot weather and this is an additional problem. In my city it's 30-40 degrees one month a year, how about you?
What do you plan to get profit per day from 1 video card and what is your investment amount?

I just wanna make some money since I barely pay for energy.
Ofc I want the ROI but mainly get an alternative income

I can even leave the room with air conditioning on. Dont know if works...
FP91G
Legendary

View Profile
August 15, 2024, 04:39:04 PM

I just wanna make some money since I barely pay for energy.
Ofc I want the ROI but mainly get an alternative income

I can even leave the room with air conditioning on. Dont know if works...
An air conditioner is great for cooling a room when mining, but just don't direct the airflow at the mining farm. Miners usually don't use this because it's expensive at that kind of profit. When the profit is 3-4 dollars per video card, it can be done.
With a profit of $5.5 per day from 12 video cards, you will have a long payback period even with your conditions.

tretaa

View Profile
Today at 12:28:34 AM

so whats the suggestion here? dont start mining and give up?
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: