Bitcoin Forum
September 10, 2024, 03:18:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin getting in bed with Trump = BAD for Bitcoin  (Read 422 times)
legiteum (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 134

World's fastest digital currency

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2024, 04:18:37 PM

Trump, in short, will go down in history as the worst president in US history. His own party, who will want to continue to have a chance of holding power, will abandon him and everything he stood for. By tying Bitcoin to Trump, many are building a brand name for Bitcoin that will be both extremely detrimental to its long-term growth, and very hard to get rid of: Bitcoin will be known as a "Trump thing" for a very long time, if not forever. This is a disaster.

You are speaking more out of hate for Donald Trump than your love for Bitcoin.

I don't think I am, but if I was that would make my point for me: my sentiments are no different than about 52% of Americans when it comes to Trump.

Have you also considered some positive things that we can get from Donald Trump always speaking about Bitcoin. More people are going to hear about Bitcoin despite what the outcome of the election is going to be therefore it is a win situation for Bitcoin.

So you are saying "any publicity is good publicity"? So was the FTX fiasco, which millions of Americans to this day only associate with Bitcoin, a good thing for Bitcoin? The market sure didn't think so.

And in terms of a divisive figure, Trump is a thousand times more known than SBF.

In this election cycle, Bitcoin is now playing in the big leagues, as the industry's donations are bigger then Big Oil, Big Pharma, labor unions, and so on.

We're basically talking about a multi-hundred million dollar nationwide ad campaign that is saying, "Bitcoin = Trump". I am hoping that they start giving the Democrats and Harris money so they can say it's all balanced out, but if this stays the way it is then Bitcoin's reputation can be permanently trashed by this.

Create the next hot memecoin on Haypenny, the fastest digital currency in the world. 100% free. 100% private. 100% secure.
tread93

Activity: 1302
Merit: 573

View Profile
August 10, 2024, 07:38:49 PM
Merited by coolcoinz (1)

Trump, in short, will go down in history as the worst president in US history.

Aren't you going too far with your hate towards him? Are you trying to tell us that Trump is worse than the president who lied about Iraq threatening the US with nuclear weapons and sacrificed lives of US soldiers to get cheap oil? Or maybe he's worse than the president who sent US forces to Vietnam? He must also be worse than the guy who took US off the gold standard.
he will be remembered as a convicted criminal who betrayed his country and was extremely nasty to women...

Of course... he's more nasty than the president who inserted a cigar into his secretary's vagina and ejaculated on her dress...
You Sir seem to have a very short memory, or maybe it's the fault of poor education or young age.

I think its probably both Cool Coinz hahahah.

Anyhow Legitium is the standard run of the mill liberalist who hates Trump with a fire that burns brighter than the sun! I find it hysterical he would point out everything negative about Trump and completely ignore the incompetency of the Biden Administration in these last 4 years. Trump will go down as one of the bravest, strongest, and tough as nails President the US has seen. A real patriot. But how would you know Legiteum? With your head shoved that far up your rear end you're a real Donky freak m8! Good luck with all that.  

legiteum (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2024, 07:46:40 PM

Anyhow Legitium is the standard run of the mill liberalist who hates Trump with a fire that burns brighter than the sun! I find it hysterical he would point out everything negative about Trump and completely ignore the incompetency of the Biden Administration in these last 4 years. Trump will go down as one of the bravest, strongest, and tough as nails President the US has seen. A real patriot. But how would you know Legiteum? With your head shoved that far up your rear end you're a real Donky freak m8! Good luck with all that.  

Perfect counter-argument. Very convincing.

Create the next hot memecoin on Haypenny, the fastest digital currency in the world. 100% free. 100% private. 100% secure.
ChiBitCTy
Legendary

Activity: 2380
Merit: 3148

View Profile
August 10, 2024, 08:43:15 PM
Merited by DooMAD (2), legiteum (1)

What amazes me is so many people being swayed and swooned by Trump in his "love" and "support" for bitcoin.  First of all, Trump has NO CLUE what bitcoin really is or how it works, or how a blockchain works..none.  Don't let his bs political talking points to get votes fool you.  His speech ast the Nashville conference was a joke, clearly just all teleprompter driven, and just total nonsense overall.  Bitcoin is all about being anti gov bs, and it just sickens me how much people want to thank him for his "support".

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
snerd

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 11, 2024, 12:28:48 AM

Perfect counter-argument. Very convincing.
That’s because we all know your TDS consumes you, and expresses itself in your lies and propaganda here. Give it a rest, woke boy!
reagansimms

Activity: 1092
Merit: 572

View Profile
August 11, 2024, 02:06:31 AM
Merited by vapourminer (1)

It seems you need to change the topic title, Bitcoin never colluded with Trump, Bitcoin has always been independent without any party being able to control it. Trump only took advantage of the explosion generated by Bitcoin to reach the peak of his political power.

By tying Bitcoin to Trump, many are building a brand name for Bitcoin that will be both extremely detrimental to its long-term growth, and very hard to get rid of: Bitcoin will be known as a "Trump thing" for a very long time, if not forever. This is a disaster.
Trump who has always approached Bitcoin in various ways, has said many times that he will support Bitcoin, but Bitcoin has grown rapidly even without his support. Everyone can judge where Trump is heading right now, Trump's steps are directed at what people are most interested in right now, he chose to approach Bitcoin because he thought Bitcoin could help him win the election, but Bitcoin does not need Trump's support at all to develop further.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
legiteum (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2024, 02:35:31 AM

It seems you need to change the topic title, Bitcoin never colluded with Trump, Bitcoin has always been independent without any party being able to control it. Trump only took advantage of the explosion generated by Bitcoin to reach the peak of his political power.

No, Trump is collection hundreds of millions of dollars in donations from the crypto industry. Americans are going to get an impression of Bitcoin through campaigning and advertising. Thanks to these donors, they will now often associate Bitcoin with Trump, who is extremely divisive--meaning that Trump's followers will love Bitcoin and the rest of the US will hate it.

Trump who has always approached Bitcoin in various ways, has said many times that he will support Bitcoin, but Bitcoin has grown rapidly even without his support. Everyone can judge where Trump is heading right now, Trump's steps are directed at what people are most interested in right now, he chose to approach Bitcoin because he thought Bitcoin could help him win the election, but Bitcoin does not need Trump's support at all to develop further.

Yes, it did grow without Trump being on the payroll, and no Bitcoin doesn't need Trump to thrive. Indeed, the entire point of this thread is that Bitcoin would be much better off if Trump were not around.

And Trump isn't doing what he is doing to support Bitcoin holders in the US, he is doing it to support a few dozen billionaire Bitcoin whales who have given him millions. There are not enough Bitcoin supports in the USA to make even the tiniest bit of difference, in terms of numbers of voters.

Rabata

Activity: 882
Merit: 258

View Profile
August 11, 2024, 02:44:40 AM

Bitcoin is a decentralized currency that should not be planned depending on only one country or one political party. Trump's recent interest in Bitcoin is certainly good, but it would be wrong to assume that Bitcoin will fare well based solely on his power. Moreover, if Trump can not come to the power, then the future of Bitcoin will not be good? I must say that Bitcoin should not be biased. Trump has not been in power for so long that the price of Bitcoin has not increased? Whichever government comes in, Bitcoin will run at its own pace. It is foolish to discuss the positive aspects of Bitcoin depending on a specific government. If governments understand then everyone will impose a positive view on Bitcoin.

Duelbits
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
///  PLAY FOR FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
PLAY NOW
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
camilocollin6

Activity: 50
Merit: 6

View Profile
August 11, 2024, 03:02:55 AM

Bitcoin's success does not depend on any one political figure, but the potential risks of closely associating it with a controversial leader like Trump could outweigh any short-term gains. For the long-term health of the Bitcoin community, it would be wise to maintain political neutrality or align with broader, more moderate principles.
Luzin

Activity: 1568
Merit: 831

View Profile
August 11, 2024, 03:40:22 AM

What amazes me is so many people being swayed and swooned by Trump in his "love" and "support" for bitcoin.  First of all, Trump has NO CLUE what bitcoin really is or how it works, or how a blockchain works..none.  Don't let his bs political talking points to get votes fool you. 

Because in the end, yes, the money you want to get. Currently, Bitcoin crypto is not a revolutionary technology, but they are currently a very profitable industry. I think Crypto supporters are very happy with this condition. If Trum really wins, of course the direction of Crypto policy will be better.
Even though I am not a US citizen but Trump has a positive effect on the development of crypto, I automatically support it. I think something that is self-beneficial and that is brought in politics automatically he will support the bearer of the sweet promise that is spoken. Politics can always take advantage of this condition.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|||
▄▄████▄▄
▀█▀
▄▀▀▄▀█▀
▄░░▄█░██░█▄░░▄
█░▄█░▀█▄▄█▀░█▄░█
▀▄░███▄▄▄▄███░▄▀
▀▀█░░░▄▄▄▄░░░█▀▀
░░██████░░█
█░░░░▀▀░░░░█
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
▄░█████▀▀█████░▄
▄███████░██░███████▄
▀▀██████▄▄██████▀▀
▀▀████████▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▀▄███░░░▀████░███▄▀██▄
███░████░░░░░▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄░░░░▀░████░███
███░████░███▄░░░░████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄░░███▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
SOUTHAMPTON FC
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI

Hero - Legendary Member
Quote from: Hero - Legendary Member
R   

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
tiCeR

Activity: 1848
Merit: 811

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
August 19, 2024, 11:44:25 AM
Merited by vapourminer (1), ChiBitCTy (1)

What amazes me is so many people being swayed and swooned by Trump in his "love" and "support" for bitcoin.  First of all, Trump has NO CLUE what bitcoin really is or how it works, or how a blockchain works..none.  Don't let his bs political talking points to get votes fool you. 

Because in the end, yes, the money you want to get. Currently, Bitcoin crypto is not a revolutionary technology, but they are currently a very profitable industry. I think Crypto supporters are very happy with this condition. If Trum really wins, of course the direction of Crypto policy will be better.
Even though I am not a US citizen but Trump has a positive effect on the development of crypto, I automatically support it. I think something that is self-beneficial and that is brought in politics automatically he will support the bearer of the sweet promise that is spoken. Politics can always take advantage of this condition.

You have just put several nonsense arguments within such a short post.

Currently, Bitcoin crypto is not a revolutionary technology

No? What is it then? A financial ecosystem without single point of failures that serves the entire world and gives no single party the power to shut it down. It 100% solves the double spending problem, can't be censored, is neutral to any potential user given that rules of the protocol are followed and required transaction fees are paid.

Seriously what is it if it is not revolutionary and since you say it isn't, what other financial ecosystem is there that is censorship resistant, solves the double spending problem, can't print money out of thin air?

If Trum really wins, of course the direction of Crypto policy will be better.

I wish you could lend me your crystal ball. If there is one guy who is extremely erratic when it comes to his words and his actions, then it is Trump.

What amazes me is so many people being swayed and swooned by Trump in his "love" and "support" for bitcoin.  First of all, Trump has NO CLUE what bitcoin really is or how it works, or how a blockchain works..none.  Don't let his bs political talking points to get votes fool you.  His speech ast the Nashville conference was a joke, clearly just all teleprompter driven, and just total nonsense overall.  Bitcoin is all about being anti gov bs, and it just sickens me how much people want to thank him for his "support".

Rather read this post again as this summarizes it all. Trump has no idea what this thing called bitcoin is.

Even though I am not a US citizen but Trump has a positive effect on the development of crypto, I automatically support it.

I think this is more of a problem than a good trait that you can be proud of. I'd suggest you thoroughly analyze who is saying what before you automatically support any agendas or causes.

Donald Trump calls Bitcoin 'a scam against the dollar'

Of course anyone can change their opinion, but this guy is a weirdo. It is not as if he has ever stood up and explained why he changed his mind and what makes him think positively about the tech. He just sees the growing bitcoin community and how he could be fishing for voters, that's it.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
.BitcoinCleanUp.com.

.     Debunking Bitcoin's Energy Use     .
███████████████████████████████
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
...#EndTheFUD...
Rabata

Activity: 882
Merit: 258

View Profile
August 19, 2024, 12:42:00 PM

The Bitcoin community should, at minimum, stay out of US politics. But insofar as members do, they should support the moderate status quo in Washington that was present when Bitcoin doubled in value over and over again--in other words, support VP Harris for president and the Democrats.

There is a lot of excitement among people around the American election. Who will win the next election? However, many people want to see Trump in power in this election. They also want to make a correlation of Trump's victory with Bitcoin. But the main thing is whether Trump will get such positive support in the next election as much as we think? By now, many of us can guess that Harris has more support than Trump. If Trump fails to win, Bitcoin and other coins founded in his name may be fall down. Though it can not effect in bitcoin price permanently but coins directly named after him will be destroyed. That coin can't stand any more.

Bitcoin was not established to serve a party leader or specific political agenda. If someone intentionally biased Bitcoin it would cause more harm than good. It is better to let Bitcoin run freely. It's good for Bitcoin to run at its own pace, regardless of whether Trump or Harris comes to power. When Bitcoin is influenced by a government it may bring good results for a short period of time but it will definitely not bode well for the future. I agree with you that it is better not to put it into US politics.

Duelbits
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███