Bitcoin Forum
August 15, 2024, 12:16:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: RarityCheck VIBGYOR gilded #12 swept yesterday.  (Read 2792 times)
MoparMiningLLC
aka Stryfe
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 2330

EIN: 82-3893490

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2024, 11:24:14 PM

I have now seen the keys on 7 VIBGYOR coins - 5 were clear, 2 were difficult but not impossible to read and one of the two was worse than the other.

but as it currently stands - RarityCheck should not generate any more keys now or in the immediate future, and quite possibly never again.

do buyer funded and/or DIY

Yes, we selected a wrong software/site to generate Keys.
But never again seems too strong. Anyways, we are still deciding.

We'll make a call soon.

For now, please note that the only impacted series is the Orange in VIBGYOR.

We are deciding on how to move forward with rest of VIBGYOR series and series #2 for Vigilante and LCS.

There is no risk to you - making keys or not - and no profit or loss either . .01 btc load costs the buyer .01 btc - however, with security issues and/or questions people will or should hesitate to buy. By doing Buyer Funded you leave it to them to decide now or later whether they want to risk their sats with your keys. When you sell loaded, you force them to take the risk. and with DIY, people can create their own keys removing any issues of trust and/or risk.

Mine BTC @ kano.is
Offering escrow services https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5154480
All Bitcoin 3D printing needs at CryptoCloaks
raritycheck
Copper Member

Activity: 658
Merit: 178

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2024, 06:12:49 AM

At the moment the other negative tags on RC have been changed to neutral, going to leave mine as a warning for the moment.
Let's be honest its not going to matter since I don't think anyone is going to be buying anything funded or even with keys they generated for a while.

Once it looks like the majority of the people who lost their funds are paid back at least what they lost I will change it. But for now between the
1) Mistake with the key generation
2) The poor quality of the private keys
3) The admission that more then 1 person had access to the machine that generated / printed the keys

There are too many things that are just not done to the way things should be done to take off the negative in my opinion.

HOWEVER, once it looks like everyone has had their swept coins refunded I will update to a neutral.

raritycheck --> Have you attempted to reach out to the people who have not contacted you yet about this who have the coins? Email / PMs / even a letter though the post office if you have no other way of contacting them since you did ship them a coin you should have their address?

-Dave

Only one person had access to the machine.
As mentioned theVIBGYOR keys  are all readable. You can see people are even redeeming hole coins.
Fine.
Can you please change the wording of the trust rating. Your wording sounds like we are doing a scam but on the opposite we are trying to help everyone impacted.

krogothmanhattan
Cypher Hodl LLC
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 3432

The Stone the masons rejected was the cornerstone.

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2024, 08:19:39 AM

I think one of the ways we physical bitcoin creators can hopefully help to prevent something like this from happening is to share and educate present and future creators one the process we use and programs to create private keys. Many do not, and thus we find people experimenting and falling for malicous programs and websites.

I have created  threads here that perhaps more people can post on and guide people to the right programs....this will hopefully prevent and future mishaps.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5416519.0

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5505467.0

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▀█▀▄▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▀▀▀░░░█░░░▀▀▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▀▀░░░░░░░█░░░░░░▀▀▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▀░░░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░░░░▀▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▄░░░░░░░░░░█
░░░░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░▄███████████▄░░░░░░▐▌
░░░░░░░░░░█░░░░▄█████████████████▄░░░░█
░░░░░░░░░▐▌░░░█▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░▀█▄░░▐▌
░░░░░░░░░█░░▄█▄░░░░░▄▄▄▄░░░░▄▄▄░░░░██▄▐▌
░░░░░░░░▐░▄█▌▄▄░░░░░▀▀▀▀░░░░▀▀▀░░░████▌█
░░░░░░░▐▌▐███████▄░░░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄█████▌░█
░░░░░░░█░▐█████████████████████████████░░█
░░░░░░░█░░██████████████████████████████░░▌
░░░░▄▄██▄░▀▀██████████████████████████▀░░░███▄▄
░░▄█░░░░░█▄▄▄▄▄▄░▀▀█████████████████▀░▄▄█▀░░░░░█▄
░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀██████████████▄▄▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░█
█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▀█▀▄▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▀▀▀░░░█░░░▀▀▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▀▀░░░░░░░█░░░░░░▀▀▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▀░░░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░░░░▀▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▄░░░░░░░░░░█
░░░░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░▄███████████▄░░░░░░▐▌
░░░░░░░░░░█░░░░▄█████████████████▄░░░░█
░░░░░░░░░▐▌░░░█▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░▀█▄░░▐▌
░░░░░░░░░█░░▄█▄░░░░░▄▄▄▄░░░░▄▄▄░░░░██▄▐▌
░░░░░░░░▐░▄█▌▄▄░░░░░▀▀▀▀░░░░▀▀▀░░░████▌█
░░░░░░░▐▌▐███████▄░░░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄█████▌░█
░░░░░░░█░▐█████████████████████████████░░█
░░░░░░░█░░██████████████████████████████░░▌
░░░░▄▄██▄░▀▀██████████████████████████▀░░░███▄▄
░░▄█░░░░░█▄▄▄▄▄▄░▀▀█████████████████▀░▄▄█▀░░░░░█▄
░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀██████████████▄▄▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░█
█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
MoparMiningLLC
aka Stryfe
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 2330

EIN: 82-3893490

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2024, 12:13:48 PM

As mentioned theVIBGYOR keys  are all readable. You can see people are even redeeming hole coins.

at some point previously you said "team" used the laptop - if one person only had access then your team is only one person?

and not all the keys were 100% readable I have seen a couple that were not perfectly clear. we did get them figured out but they were not crystal clear as you claim.

Mine BTC @ kano.is
Offering escrow services https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5154480
All Bitcoin 3D printing needs at CryptoCloaks
raritycheck
Copper Member

Activity: 658
Merit: 178

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2024, 12:29:18 PM

at some point previously you said "team" used the laptop - if one person only had access then your team is only one person?

and not all the keys were 100% readable I have seen a couple that were not perfectly clear. we did get them figured out but they were not crystal clear as you claim.

Thank you for the feedback. We said keys are readable (someone else mentioned in the comments that they are crystal clear for Vigilante). 
Apologies if we miscommunicated, from the team only one person had access to the laptop + printer etc.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14]  All
  Print  

Jump to: